explain jean grey powers in x-men 3

supermans from dc and cant be killed by anytin cept kryptonite ...if he was in the marvel u hed be the most powerful but hes not so disclude him from the list. dark phoenix cud kill hulk wit a snap of the fingers as well as wolverine but the jean inside phoenix was holding her bak from actualy killing logan. plus she wanted to get him naked so she demolecularized his suit and accidently got his skin but she didnt care cuz she knew it wud heal bak but im glad cuz she was really careful not to touch wolverines hair becuz god knows wolverines hair is made of adamantium too and is impossible to molecularily rip apart plus it looks cool..cud u imagine the fan boys if wolverine went bald from the phoenix XD. yah im kiddin but i think jeans powers in x3 shud be viewed as seperate to the phoenix saga

^ I think if Phoenix really didn't want to die, she could have just have used her telekinesis to hold Wolverine back. She let him get close.

ken smith said:
thanks to all who answered, but do you think dark phoenix is more powerful than onslaught, superman or the hulk because these three have healing powers and she couldn't kill wolverine .what does that mean

As held in the comic book, yes. Jean/Phoenix/Dark Phoenix is more powerful than anything . . . why Wolverine wasn't simply obliterated beyond all comprehension, I don't know . . . she may have been holding back at the end, just long enough for him to kill her, but by all rights Jean should be able to kill Wolverine in the blink of an eye . . . the same is true for Superman and Wolverine, and especially the Hulk.

BMM said:
As held in the comic book, yes. Jean/Phoenix/Dark Phoenix is more powerful than anything . . . why Wolverine wasn't simply obliterated beyond all comprehension, I don't know . . . she may have been holding back at the end, just long enough for him to kill her, but by all rights Jean should be able to kill Wolverine in the blink of an eye . . . the same is true for Superman and Wolverine, and especially the Hulk.

Yes, she should have been able to obliterate Wolverine in nothing flat. She destroyed an entire galaxy, but couldn't kill Wolverine? Big plot hole right there.

PyroProductions said:
Yes, she should have been able to obliterate Wolverine in nothing flat. She destroyed an entire galaxy, but couldn't kill Wolverine? Big plot hole right there.

Movie Jean never destroyed a galaxy as far as we know. And Wolverine was calling out to Jean, saying he knew she was still there. Maybe that is what held her back. And when he made it to her, she definitely changed back into Jean before he killed her. Split personalities created by Xavier.

Sketchee said:
Movie Jean never destroyed a galaxy as far as we know. And Wolverine was calling out to Jean, saying he knew she was still there. Maybe that is what held her back. And when he made it to her, she definitely changed back into Jean before he killed her. Split personalities created by Xavier.

Well, I don't know why Wolverine didn't get obliterated, but I agree with your theory. I was just stating the fact that in the comics, she destroyed an entire galaxy, so why couldn't she destroy Wolverine?

Wolverine wasn't destroyed because the real Jean was trying to hold the power of Phoenix back. When he gets close enough, she even says "Save me!", which to me, obviously indicates that she knew she had to be destroyed and that Wolverine was the only one who could do it.

still not buying the whole stabbing theme. I mean how can the director make her so weak. If she were to hold back it be more for scott than wolvering. I guess if you are a fan of the comic or remember the animated series, one can keep comparing the film. I'll try to excet this version of a Jean/Phoenix but its soo hard lol.

Well Heres my theory...
As someone asked in the beginning...What was Jeans 'ash power' Well it's kind of obvious that she didn't have an 'ash' power! We saw in the flash back that jean as a teen had incredible telekinetic power, nothings changed! She still has great telekinetic power only now she can use it without mental blocks inhibiting it, she can literally manipulate and control anything that consists of atoms or is governed by any type of energy, her power was forced into a 'second personality' which was what the mental blocks and extra power had formed and this other personality IS phoenix, not the fiery bird in the comics but an actual woman with more power than any other mutant, a woman with almost limitless potential. And Then she has her telepathy which is also very strong and can affect the mind in ways her telekinesis couldn't...

Also Jean did not kill wolverine because she didn't want to, on some level she was willing to kill him but seeing as he wasn't dying she didn't make extra efforts to kill him other wise he'd be dead, she wanted to destroy everything else but as he kept healing she let him be because she didn't want him dead, She also knew that wolverine was prepared to do what was necessary to end the war (killing her) So she allowed him to.

mysticalflames said:
still not buying the whole stabbing theme. I mean how can the director make her so weak. If she were to hold back it be more for scott than wolvering. I guess if you are a fan of the comic or remember the animated series, one can keep comparing the film. I'll try to excet this version of a Jean/Phoenix but its soo hard lol.

She didn't seem to know that her powers would destroy Scott. Remember, Prof X said she may not have even known how powerful she really was anymore. By the time she got to Wolverine, Jean was fully aware what she/Phoenix was capable of. Scott's death seemed to be an accident.

Did Magnetos machine in the first movie break the mind barrier Professor X put to keep her darkside hidden

Blayton, I think some of us here believe that Mag's machine in the first one broke the mental blocks, while I've heard others here believe that when she used Cerebro in the first one, that may have broken the blocks.

We shall never know until someone from the movies wants to tell us.

pdrumans said:
Good, they need to get rid of the visor. I mean in 40 years of X-men, they gave the prof a clone body, healed a hole in Colossus' chest, gave Storm back her powers, brought Jean back how many times and they could not fix what they thought was some minor damage to his brain in all that time. They have had coutless healers and advanced alien tech at their disposal. The visor was just too much of a cross to bare. The mental thing, well I will see how that plays out, but at least they are addressing his problem.

I'm sorry if this is going off topic, but...how did storm manage to lose her powers?

green1074 said:
I'm sorry if this is going off topic, but...how did storm manage to lose her powers?

I believe she was shot with a depowering gun developed by one of the X-Men's friends, Forge.

If I remember correctly, Forge made somekind of machine that when a mutant gets hit with one of the blasts, they lose their powers.

Storm got hit with one of the blasts by accident.

Telekinesis = Manipulating matter with your mind.
I think that's pretty self-explanitory..making physical possiblites endless with her expaneded powers

I don't know whether it was jean testing her powers or doing it for the fun of it but when she was killing xavier and lifting the house up and every thing why did she take so long, it was like she had to make telekinetic forces around her to rip charles apart but it took a while which makes me think that she wanted him to suffer and then die, because if she wanted him dead she wouldn't have gone through all of that just to kill him, she probably wanted to teach him a lesson as logan said..."if you cage the beast, the beast gets angry"

to be honest, i don't get why she was just stood watching when Magneto was destroying everything. Why didn't she do anything...for either side or for herself? Why wait till Magneto lost his powers to start destroying everything? Also, why was she calm around Magneto? I know she was mad at Prof X for controlling her, but isn't following Mags very similar? I think she would have been better if she was more of a threat on her own...Mags, Calisto, etc show up to destroy the cure by themselves, Phoenix arrives later to destory all of mankind, including Magneto and the X-Men. Also, she is a very powerful telepath and has very strong telekenises, but why couldn't she throw Wolverine backwards? She was lifting water and buildings for god sake, yet Wolverine was able to walk up to her on his two feet! It made me laugh a bit. She looked great though! Her costume, her hair, her effects when she was going evil.

Husk said:
to be honest, i don't get why she was just stood watching when Magneto was destroying everything. Why didn't she do anything...for either side or for herself? Why wait till Magneto lost his powers to start destroying everything? Also, why was she calm around Magneto? I know she was mad at Prof X for controlling her, but isn't following Mags very similar? I think she would have been better if she was more of a threat on her own...Mags, Calisto, etc show up to destroy the cure by themselves, Phoenix arrives later to destory all of mankind, including Magneto and the X-Men. Also, she is a very powerful telepath and has very strong telekenises, but why couldn't she throw Wolverine backwards? She was lifting water and buildings for god sake, yet Wolverine was able to walk up to her on his two feet! It made me laugh a bit. She looked great though! Her costume, her hair, her effects when she was going evil.

You fail to understand. Jean Grey = good, Phoenix = bad. She was having a battle within herself, she was confused, unsure, vulnerable. Her powers were unstable, she didn't know what she was truly capable of doing. She sides with Magneto because she is confused and vulnerable and (as the Hellfire Club did in the comics) he manipulates her into taking his side. The rest of the Brotherhood don't trust her or like her, so she ends up on her own a lot of the time... She is trying to find herself..

When Wolverine is coming towards her, her good side and dark side are fighting each other. She allows him to get close, the good side of her speaks to him, she allows him to kill her.

She had two distinct sides, the Phoenix had been gradually awakened (in Cerebro in X1, at Magneto's machine at the end of X1, and every time she used her power in X2). Eventually, she pushed herself to the limit when she stopped the wall of water and - as we saw at the very end -the Phoenix side of her was totally free.

She had lain dormant within a cocoon in the lake until Scott's optic blasts broke through it. She woke and the Phoenix side - now without any restraints - was trying to take over her good side. The battle between her good and evil was throughout the entire movie. Watch it again and pay more attention!!!

whatever. I understood all of that, but its just a shame that she seemed to spend more time standing around that actually expressing any sort of inner termoil. She didn't appear to be with any conflict untill right near the end when Wolverine was walking towards her. I hate the fact that he was the hero of all of this, when the Phoenix Saga made Jean the hero as she sacrificed herself when she gained some control. I love Famke, and i think her character was good, but i would liked to have seen more of a battle going on with herself...gaining control, losing control...other than in the lab near the start, and the very end, she just seemed sort of bored.

too bad she wasnt as powerful as the comics... she could have brought scott back before she bought it...

Well I agree that wolverine was shown as the hero of it all but i also hate the idea, wolverine is not a bad character but for some reason they felt like he needed to be the central character in all the films! In the first one it was all about his mysterious past and coming into the x-men, in x-2 it was all about him finding out his past and dealing with striker and in x-3 it was all about him declaring his love for jean and having to kill her! I mean come on why is he so special he's not even an original x-man!

I don't mind Wolverine being the main character in the movies. He is the most popular. Not my Fav but its not something I mind.

My problem is the way Xavier and Cyclops are used in the movie. Xavier I can almost understand you kind of need to take him out of the Picture for the X-Men to be tested more. But Cyclops was just worthless in all 3 movies. They railroaded his Character because of the actor playing him. Thats just wrong

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"