The Dark Knight Extras: Did you/your scene make it into the movie?

Yeah my scenes made into the movie, i was playing Batman...

You! I was the guy in the Batman suit who got cut up by the Joker. What makes you think your any different from us hey?

With the thread about scenes being deleted from the movie, I got curious about those of us here who were extras in the movie actually making it in the final product.

I was involved with 2 scenes. One was different than what we shot, and the other was intact.

The scene that was different for me was the Maroni arrest scene. I was present on set (but not part of the shot) when Gordon arrests Maroni ("You sure you want to embarrass me in front of my friends?"), and that part remained the same in the movie. Later, I was part of a group of bystanders when Maroni and the other mobsters were led out. In the scene we shot (photos/video taken by Rory_bat and posted here) they were loaded into a waiting Corrections bus. In the scene that made the movie, they were loaded into cars, and if you observe the background, it was nowhere near the restaurant/city street.

My other scene was the bar scene just after the hospital explosion. I'm present, but WAY in the back near the door and out of focus. I'm one of the taller people there and left at the appropriate time.

So, any of the extras here - did you make it? Was your scene different in the movie than what you remember shooting?

My friend was in the bar scene too, she was actually sitting at the bar, you could clearly see her, it was pretty cool, in the final shot of the bar, she's the girl at the very left of the frame.

Thanks so much for the info!

very clear and helpful...I'v been asking around for how to get into this stuff for a while and your advice is the best I've received :woot:

You're welcome. If you google for "movie extra" (or a variation of it), you should find a lot of information.

Whenever the DVD comes out, we need to get all of you extras to post screen caps of the scenes you were in! It'd be great to see you in context.

Definitely going to try.

I WAS surprised during the virals. There was a still photographer on the set when I was shooting the Maroni arrest scene, and one of the photos he took showed up in 2 of the Gotham Cable News "Gotham Tonight" episodes. The episodes were when they did a report on Gordon (06/27), and the report on Dent (last episode). On the Gordon one, it's a photo of Gordon and a bald detective standing on the street, and over Gordon's shoulder is an out-of-focus group of people. I'm the tall guy in the front. This same shot was used in the Dent episode as well, and they zoom in on it more in that episode.

The photo is shown after the interview with Commisioner Loeb at the mid-point of the Gordon episode, then they go to a shot of Gordon standing with a bunch of cops, and then they show Gordon with the detective and some other uniformed cops. That's the one I'm in. And, that's also the scene that they didn't use in the movie.

I did not make it in, everyone I know was looking for me and after seeing it a few times, I confirmed I didn't make it.

Oh well, it was the scene where the prisoners (me) were boarding the boat as the civilians were yelling at us. The scene was all day, amazing to see the movie making process. I'll never forget that day and when Chris Nolan accidently hit me with his arm as he was walking by me.

I'll try to be in the next one, last time for Chicago, I gotta get in.
Starting to hit the weights... :brucebat:

DK2099
Did he heal you of any sicknesses?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"