Extreme weather

its only 86 here today "but feels like 99' according to the weather. guess it's a good thing part of my work shift will be in a freezer

Death Valley, hottest place on Earth, hits near-record high as blistering heat wave continues - CBS News

Temperatures in Death Valley, which runs along part of central California's border with Nevada, reached 125.6 degrees Fahrenheit Sunday [July 16] at the aptly named Furnace Creek, the National Weather Service said.

The hottest temperature ever recorded on Earth was 134 degrees in July 1913 at Furnace Creek, said Randy Ceverny of the World Meteorological Organization, the body recognized as keeper of world records. Temperatures at or above 130 degrees have only been recorded on Earth a handful of times, mostly in Death Valley.

A place I never want to visit, lol.

I'm grateful for the bits of rain we've been getting here and there to keep the hot weather under control.

Me, too! I find them scarier than tornadoes because they seem so unnatural.

Me, too! I find them scarier than tornadoes because they seem so unnatural.

I live near Lake Erie, water spout I've seen plenty, it's those bloody tornadoes I hate and have a few close encounters from them :(

I live near Lake Erie, water spout I've seen plenty, it's those bloody tornadoes I hate and have a few close encounters from them :(
Sorry, I don't have either. I've only seen films so it's easy to not take them as seriously as sitting through the real thing. :(

Sorry, I don't have either. I've only seen films so it's easy to not take them as seriously as sitting through the real thing. :(

Trust me, you do not want to be around a tornado, they are scary as hell

I am not surprised. Can't be healthy to even walk your dog, they'd burn their poor feet on the sidewalk. :(
Going to be terrible for people with dogs who don’t have a garden. Dogs need the activity at least if they can’t go for walks.

Going to be terrible for people with dogs who don’t have a garden. Dogs need the activity at least if they can’t go for walks.
It's been too hot for our dogs, too. But we do have a large back garden with shade trees to lay under.

Another thing we're killing off. :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kimcity
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"