Battle of the Cartoons (Simpsons & South Park vs. Family Guy)

ShadowBoxing said:
Why is South Park mocking Family Guy in a two parter

The question is... do they really plan on releasing a second part?

And South Park has not run out of ideas. Stone and Parker are satirists, and as long as there is something happening in the world, they will have material.

"Don't you DARE compare me to Family Guy! My jokes have meaning! They are deeply and intricately connected to the storyline and the plot! They're not just some interchangeable random crap that doesn't affect the story in the least!"

Or something like that. :)

Simpsons is the greatest of all time followed by Family Guy

Super Flight said:
what about king of the hill.... thats pretty funny

Agree, King Of The Hill has a great cast of charcters. Hank,Bobby,Peggy,Luann and Dale are hilariuos.

Cyclops said:
"Don't you DARE compare me to Family Guy! My jokes have meaning! They are deeply and intricately connected to the storyline and the plot! They're not just some interchangeable random crap that doesn't affect the story in the least!"

I loved that part of the episode.

The Simpsons and Futurama are pretty much tied in my mind. It's interesting that in both it's the women who are the smartest.

Family Guy be my favourite. It's the only one of all the ones listed that I'll give any of my time to.

Super Flight said:
what about king of the hill.... thats pretty funny

you know, at first I hated it with a passion, but I have come to appreciate it, and find it really funny now, except for cotton, he gets on my nerves.

As of now it has to be south park because it is the only cartoon that makes me laugh, but it use to be the simpsons. Family guy was ok but now I just cant seem to watch it. Futurama is a close third.:ghost:

Dammit Bobby!

Boomhauer ain't right.

My shins!

You ain't Japanese. You're Laotian- aren't ya!

Dammit, Dale!

Simpsons and South Park have a rivalry with Family Guy.

Simpsons and Futurama same creator.
Family Guy and American Dad same creator.

Erzengel said:
Well South Park also is able to bang out shows in under a week. All the other shows take months to produce. No matter what any other show might throw at them, they could retailiate within a weeks time.

I think a big thing is the whole generation gap. In the 70's and 80's Star Wars was "THE" movie for the generation. This generation has LOTR and if you do a poll, LOTR gets almost as many votes sometimes.

Now you compare the Simpsons with 17 seasons vs. Family Guy with less than 5. Everyone's arguement is that the Simpsons is slumping the last few years but with even say 10 good seasons that at least 5 more seasons than Family Guy and you can seriously compare it? But people have already said the same thing it appeals more to younger audiences who think the show is "edgier" even when they can't understand most of the jokes.

Yeah a lot of kids didn't understand the:

Peter as a security guard for John Lenon and seeing a guy with a knive jump over the gate. Peter is watching "Who's the Boss"(not exact what show he was watching I forgot how the song went) and you hear screams and something break "Shut up...You lousy beatle." Most kids listen to the Beatles because its retro and don't even know the members of the band.
or
(in the movie)Cops taking away the foreign body builders. The body builder goes "leave your rough neck tactics for Sacco and Vanzetti." To Italian immergrants that were wrongfully put to death for like 5 murders for being immergrants and anarchists.
or
(in the movie) Stewie trying to get to the pool in the exact kind of music and caroagraphy(sp) in Ferris Buellers Day Off.

I know a lot of 1980's popculture even though I was only born in the late 80's.
I know a lot of it from old VHS movies my older siblings have and VH1.:)

X-Punisher said:

Peter as a security guard for John Lenon and seeing a guy with a knive jump over the gate. Peter is watching "Who's the Boss"(not exact what show he was watching I forgot how the song went) and you hear screams and something break "Shut up...You lousy beatle." Most kids listen to the Beatles because its retro and don't even know the members of the band.
or
(in the movie)Cops taking away the foreign body builders. The body builder goes "leave your rough neck tactics for Sacco and Vanzetti." To Italian immergrants that were wrongfully put to death for like 5 murders for being immergrants and anarchists.
or
(in the movie) Stewie trying to get to the pool in the exact kind of music and caroagraphy(sp) in Ferris Buellers Day Off.

george harrison :o

X-Punisher said:

or
or

Well first off it was George Harrison. Secondly would you gather that all kids around your age and born in the early 90's would know those most of these references? Seriously mentioning that episode of Different Strokes with Dudley being molested or who Kristi McNichol is. I'm sure many kids younger than you get those.

And it's hard to take you seriously because you voted American Dad unless you really like that show but I'm sure you did it to be funny.

redmarvel said:
The Simpsons and Futurama are pretty much tied in my mind. It's interesting that in both it's the women who are the smartest.

I'll give you Marge, but Leela? eh, not so much.

Pfft, like anything else you've got detractors and supporters, the 2 vote diffrence between Simpsons and Family Guy illustrates that perfectly.

What I wanna know is why Aqua Teen Hunger Force isn't on the list?!:mad:

Sonofab***h. Do people not read? Read the first post. Read 6 posts above your own. :mad:

Erzengel said:
Well first off it was George Harrison. Secondly would you gather that all kids around your age and born in the early 90's would know those most of these references? Seriously mentioning that episode of Different Strokes with Dudley being molested or who Kristi McNichol is. I'm sure many kids younger than you get those.

And it's hard to take you seriously because you voted American Dad unless you really like that show but I'm sure you did it to be funny.

I felt bad for American Dad so I gave it a vote.

X-Punisher said:
George Harrison died of Lung Cancer.

John Lennon was shot outside his New York home and died.

George Harrison was stabbed IN his home in the mid 90's and survived.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"