Fantastic Four a Hit for Cartoon Network!

MOIDANGEREUX

Civilian
Reaction score
Fantastic Four a Hit for Cartoon Network
666666_shim.gif
Wednesday, September 06, 2006
By: Ryan Ball
fantastic_four_new_toon_150.gif

Citing Nielsen Media Research data, Cartoon Network announced that the new Fantastic Four animated series from Marvel Comics and Moonscoop Animation brought double-digit delivery and ratings gains among kids 6-11 with its 8 p.m. debut on Saturday, Sept. 2.

Based on characters created by Stan Lee and Jack Kirby, the latest animated incarnation of Fantastic Four is a 26-episode, half-hour series that updates the story of astronauts who develop superhero powers after being exposed to cosmic radiation. Leading the team is Reed Richards, who becomes Mr. Fantastic when he discovers he has the ability to stretch his body. His wife, Sue Richards, gains the power to make herself invisible, thus becoming Invisible Woman, while her younger brother, Johnny Storm, becomes known as the Human Torch. Finally, pilot Ben Grimm is turned into a super-strong rock creature known simply as Thing. Together, the genetic misfits use their unique powers to help the world battle multiple threats, including their equally powerful enemy, Doctor Doom.

The performance of the show’s premiere helped Cartoon Network chart mostly double-digit primetime and total-day weekly delivery and ratings growth among all key demos over the same time period last year. Primetime viewership was up by 16% on Saturday, while ratings for the whole day saw an 18% rise. Fantastic Four airs Saturdays at 11 a.m. and 8 p.m. on Cartoon Network.

http://www.animationmagazine.net/article.php?article_id=5862

YAY!!!!!! I hope they show more episodes. It'll be even better if they have some new episodes around the time the 2nd movie comes out.

thats great news. it shows kids love the FF. and it means good stuff for FF2.

Yeah but the cartoon is horrible. I would rather they cancel it early than have it tarnish the movies image. If the cartoon does not get better some people "might" be inclined to avoid the film.

This is one bad toon.

This is one bad toon.

I think it's all a matter of taste.

Mind you, I HATE Anime and I was extremely leery about the series in general. And, in fact, I DID hate the first episode I saw ("Trial By Fire"). In my opinion, aside from how the villian and Ben were handled, it was rather shoddy storywise and in how they handled the characters.

I did, however, enjoy "Doomed" pretty well. They did a better job. I think it's worth a chance to see if they keep it up. They brought out more of each of the characters' personalities in that episode - and they had made it more true to the comics. Sure, it wasn't perfect, but it was good enough to please many F4 fans and kids alike. It's probably the best animated portrayal I've seen of, at least, Dr. Doom in a long time. I'm quite pleased with Johnny as well (horrid sideburns aside :p).

And, even so, I don't seriously think this cartoon will affect FF2's success in the long run. Not negatively anyway. Apparently, as the ratings say, it's doing better than most of their current shows, since there's a notable ratings hike on Saturdays. Coincidence? I think not.

So, I wouldn't worry that much.

I mean, hey, if you don't like it, don't watch it. ;)

I am giving it 5 episodes and I am wanting to like this, I am HOPING I like it.

That being said, bring on episode 5 The Thing VS The Hulk!!!

I just saw an episode on Cartoon Network. It was about these creatures from this sub-dimension or something and Doom played a role involving the media. This show is terrible, I'm sorry. The animation is crap and the character designs are bad. It makes me want to watch the movie instead.

edit: Okay, the sub-dimension is the negative zone. Doesn't help the show. I can't believe I forgot to say how much the voice acting sucked but yeah. Good thing I wasn't expecting anything good from the show.

you people gotta remember this show is aimed at young kids. so if you where expecting anything else than sorry.

J Alba's Lover said:
How is that lame? that's what they do in the comics?

Are you kidding me? That have her flying on her force field discs now in the comics? That is lame, very lame.

How is she able to do that? It is a new dimension to her powers that makes little (actually no) sense.

WOLVERINE25TH said:
I saw it just now. Pure crap.

That my friend, is paying this show a compliment.

I am looking forward to seeing how they handle he Hulk next week. However my expectations are very very low.

LongDong said:
Are you kidding me? That have her flying on her force field discs now in the comics? That is lame, very lame.
Well, she's been doing this for a while in the comics. She doesn't fly on her force field, she stands on her force field and raises it with her on it. That's not flying.

How is she able to do that? It is a new dimension to her powers that makes little (actually no) sense.

You're not familiar with any FF comics are you? It makes plenty of sense. Her powers are only limited by her imagination. After she figured out how versatile her powers were (which was a long time ago in the comic world), she's done all kinds of amazing things with it.

As Majik said, her force field gliding ability, in particular, has been in the comics for awhile already. It's not new. And it isn't flying. Johnny's has always been the only one for the Four who can actually fly.

Majik1387 said:
Well, she's been doing this for a while in the comics. She doesn't fly on her force field, she stands on her force field and raises it with her on it. That's not flying.

Well in the toon she was flying on the little disc. She was moving through the air, squatting on the disc. That is flying. Does she do that same thing in modern comics? The old classic ones she never did that.

Ty Parsec said:
You're not familiar with any FF comics are you? It makes plenty of sense. Her powers are only limited by her imagination. After she figured out how versatile her powers were (which was a long time ago in the comic world), she's done all kinds of amazing things with it.

As Majik said, her force field gliding ability, in particular, has been in the comics for awhile already. It's not new. And it isn't flying. Johnny's has always been the only one for the Four who can actually fly.

lol. I grew up on the 70's and 80's FF comics, and there is a good chance I have read many more than you, but no big deal.

The cartoon, which I was commenting on, she was flat our flying on the disc. Squatting on a force field disc and moving through the air = flying.

She can't fly, but she could create kind of an Iceman ice-slide type deal where it extends an' flexes with her standin' on a platform at th' end.

TripleF said:
I believe I've read in a recent comic where not only was she using her forcefields to fly, she also projected enough that Reed and Thing came along for the ride. Its happening, nothing different really in the comic as far as their powers, now the look is another story. But the look is growing on me. She uses her force fields to fly, she doesn't do it very often, but she does get on to Valeria for doing it because she loves it.

Are you a fan of he comic?
I read it when I see it an a comic store, they're okay but I think you have to read it from a vital storyline in order to really appreciate the series and I don't have enough money to get hooked to a new series. I usually buy the X-Titles and the Walking Dead.

But lifting yourself up is not flying. We might as well say Iceman and Cannoball can fly.

I saw the most recent episode,superb.Its growing on me,is there any news for new episodes past those already scheduled to be aired?

TripleF said:
I believe I've read in a recent comic where not only was she using her forcefields to fly, she also projected enough that Reed and Thing came along for the ride. Its happening, nothing different really in the comic as far as their powers, now the look is another story. But the look is growing on me. She uses her force fields to fly, she doesn't do it very often, but she does get on to Valeria for doing it because she loves it.

Are you a fan of he comic?

Doesn't seem like you are much of a fan, she's been doing this for awhile. You haven't given a reason to why you think its lame. Waiting for that one.

You are right, I am far from a fan. The cartoon is pretty bad, so far.

However I enjoyed the film and read the first 18 issues of Ultimate FF hoever have not read 616 FF for a good 10 years or so. Maybe 15.

What was lame was he was on this little dosc of force field, yet soaring through the air on it. Self explanatory I think.

yay this is good news :D hopefully more seasons are to come!

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"