Fantastic Four General News & Discussion Thread (TAG SPOILERS)

How about Tigra?

Basically anybody but Sue.

21tigra.jpg

:argh: You can't post that without posting what happens next!

“Fantastic Four is the foundation for everything that came after in the comics. There's certainly been versions of it [on screen], but never inhabiting the storytelling of the MCU. And that's something that is really exciting for us. People will start to hear more about that soon. We plan on that being a big pillar of the MCU going forward, just the way they've been in the comics for 50 or 60 years.“

“Fantastic Four is the foundation for everything that came after in the comics. There's certainly been versions of it [on screen], but never inhabiting the storytelling of the MCU. And that's something that is really exciting for us. People will start to hear more about that soon. We plan on that being a big pillar of the MCU going forward, just the way they've been in the comics for 50 or 60 years.“
Pillar is a good word. :cool:

So glad that they didn't give this to Peyton Reed. :funny:
In retrospect, we dodged a bullet but Shakman can still **** this up too. We’ll see.
Judging by these quotes, Feige and crew understand the assignment, but can they deliver a movie that really delivers or will be just be another cog in the mediocre Marvel machine? Marvel now starts this new phase with its second badly reviewed movie in its fifteen year history. Which shows Marvel’s quality control is slipping. I don’t want Marvel to mess this up or else I will never forgive them. They have to get this right. They have to know F4 is more important than Ant-Man.

Last edited:
Them being a 'big pillar' for the MCU is great to hear. It explains why they've been taking their time and I'm a bit more optimistic for the film.

Thor The Dark World and The Eternals received bad reviews.
Dark World received mixed to positive reviews. Believe or not, it’s still has a 66% RT rating. Ant-Man 3 is the one that’s getting slammed pretty hard critically.

I really do not want Marvel Studios & Feige to really mess this up. They should just take there time to make sure it is the best F4 movie ever even if it means a delay in release date.

P.S. They should also take there time with Kang Dynasty and Secret Wars too and if it means a delayed release date then good I would rather have a product that takes there time rather than a bland mess.

I feel like the Multiverse gimmick will run out of steam quicker than Infinity Saga did, especially given the MCU Teflon seems to have run out. I don't think they can really stretch this thing out all that much longer than it's already scheduled

My hope is that Feige recognizes the MCU has gotten a little off-track.

They started with huge, recognizable, iconic characters. Brought those characters together and told great, relatively simple stories with those characters.

But after Endgame, they started to lose focus. They started trying to feature minor, unknown characters and things started to scatter and the stories and interactions weren’t as intriguing.

And the multiverse was a nice gimmick, but they’re leaning too hard into it and it’s in danger of becoming a mess.

I hope they recognize (and recent comments make me feel they might) that they need to get back to basics, and the FF gives them the perfect opportunity to do a soft reboot and build around the characters that started it all.

I would like to see the FF become THE superteam at least for a period. The Avengers have lost their leaders, the X-Men likely won’t exist for a while, so the FF being the team to defend the Earth from threats like Doom and Galactus could get the MCU back on track.

If the multiverse has run out of steam by the time of Secret Wars, Marvel should delay it and then make it more about the 80s version which didn't have any muiltiverse aspects but was primarily about the Beyonder and Doom stealing his power.

My hope is that Feige recognizes the MCU has gotten a little off-track.

They started with huge, recognizable, iconic characters. Brought those characters together and told great, relatively simple stories with those characters.

But after Endgame, they started to lose focus. They started trying to feature minor, unknown characters and things started to scatter and the stories and interactions weren’t as intriguing.

And the multiverse was a nice gimmick, but they’re leaning too hard into it and it’s in danger of becoming a mess.

I hope they recognize (and recent comments make me feel they might) that they need to get back to basics, and the FF gives them the perfect opportunity to do a soft reboot and build around the characters that started it all.

I would like to see the FF become THE superteam at least for a period. The Avengers have lost their leaders, the X-Men likely won’t exist for a while, so the FF being the team to defend the Earth from threats like Doom and Galactus could get the MCU back on track.

the problem is Stark, Steve, Banner, and Thor were the foundation of the MCU. If they only kept building on that, having them still in the picture would validate whatever storyline they choose. A hypothetical scenario where RDJ and Evans are still part of the MCU and have to come up with a plan in tandem with Reed Richards to foil Kang instantly brings credibility and veneer back to the MCU. They are the backbone and glory of the MCU whether people agree or not. I would even include Tom Holland’s Peter as an honorary fifth head of this firm foundation. Even Agent Coulson and Nick Fury too make up the heart of the MCU. Unfortunately they have decided to largely replace them all with female counterparts.

They haven't even started casting yet?! I do like the idea of casting Sue first and then building the team around her. Also, Kroll is legit.

They haven't even started casting yet?! I do like the idea of casting Sue first and then building the team around her. Also, Kroll is legit.

Kroll ain't Hollywood Reporter, Variety, or Marvel themselves. I don't buy into these scoopers at all. Not until we hear something from a source that matters

Kroll ain't Hollywood Reporter, Variety, or Marvel themselves. I don't buy into these scoopers at all. Not until we hear something from a source that matters

Kroll was with Variety and he's currently with Deadline. He's probably the most well connected reporter in Hollywood and has broken numerous stories over the years. He's legit.

Kroll was with Variety and he's currently with Deadline. He's probably the most well connected reporter in Hollywood and has broken numerous stories over the years. He's legit.

If with Deadline, then yes he is legit

Personally I wait until I read or hear it from Feige or Marvel Studios via press release or press conference

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"