Fantastic Four General News & Discussion Thread (TAG SPOILERS)

Also according to some scoopers, the MCU F4 are going to be from the present but they get stuck in the 60’s.

wow them being from the present but being stuck in the 60s is so unexpected- this is such a Feige idea i actually am more than fine with it - love it

Last edited:
Galactus seems a bit premature for a first FF movie, especially since we had Rise of the Silver Surfer before.

1990 - Roger Corman Fantastic Four - villain: Doom
2005 - Tim Story Fantastic Four - villain: Doom
2007: Tim Story FF: Rise of the Silver Surfer - villains: Silver Surfer/ Galactus/ Doom
2015: Josh Trank Fant4stic - villain: Doom
2025: Matt Shakman MCU Fantastic Four - villain: Galactus (and possibly Silver Surfer)

Is this going to seem like these Superman movies that only feature Lex and Zod where the general public are going to think the FF have no other foes than Doom and Galactus?

Galactus should be saved for a big crossover event film and not for the first FF movie right out of the gate. Give us a different FF villain like Annihilus, Blaastar, Mole Man, Frightful Four, Red Ghost, Psycho Man or any of their other villains.

i dont think so. I think Doom is being set up as the big bad instead of Galactus

Love this idea! Frame it like Titanic in the modern day and then zoom back in time to the Swinging Sixties for some trippy, psychedelic imagery with era-appropriate music and such. I'll be first in line :D

Perhaps Feige wants to give the world the real Galactus to atone for the abomination we got in Rise of the Silver Surfer :D

Opening scene of F4 is Galactus literally eating a group of Celestials

Gonna wait for more reliable sources before reacting to any of that

Elizabeth Debicki was already in Guardians and she's 6'3". Do we really need a Sue who is a giantess? She's not exactly the warmest actress either.

Simon Baker is also too self assured and charismatic for Molecule Man. Need someone who looks weedy and timid.

Also, Galactus is the main villain but Silver Surfer won't appear until his own special presentation? This doesn't make much sense to me.

Yeah, I was thinking the same thing.

I ignore these rumors until they all start pointing in the same direction, and I’m not seeing that yet.

This one in particular looks like “I’m going to throw out a bunch of BS and if even ine of those things is right, I won’t let anybody forget it.”

Last edited:
Also, Galactus is the main villain but Silver Surfer won't appear until his own special presentation? This doesn't make much sense to me.
to be fair {an in no way am I suggesting the rumors are true, by making this point} but Surfer wasn't Galactus first Herald, so it's possible he could show up in this first without/ or with a different Herald... then the "special presentation" will be Surfers origin story of how be became Galactus Herald/or new Herald (depending rather or not he has one here) if so, maybe they find a way of stopping/killing/freeing the first Herald

to be fair {an in no way am I suggesting the rumors are true, by making this point} but Surfer wasn't Galactus first Herald, so it's possible he could show up in this first without/ or with a different Herald... then the "special presentation" will be Surfers origin story of how be became Galactus Herald/or new Herald (depending rather or not he has one here) if so, maybe they find a way of stopping/killing/freeing the first Herald
That's fair. I still don't think this would be the case. But if it were I think it'd make sense to pick Terrax, since he is one of the more interesting heralds. Plus he could be in Secret Wars if they do Namor's Cabal.

Possible, but it would seem ill-advised.

Silver Surfer is a huge character who needs to be part of the MCU, and there’s no better way to do that than to put on film the iconic story that everybody associates Silver Surfer with.

Using a different herald would leave a lot of fans disappointed and confused, while also missing an opportunity to make a film faithful to one of the most iconic comic book stories of all time.

Possible, but it would seem ill-advised.

Silver Surfer is a huge character who needs to be part of the MCU, and there’s no better way to do that than to put on film the iconic story that everybody associates Silver Surfer with.

Using a different herald would leave a lot of fans disappointed and confused, while also missing an opportunity to make a film faithful to one of the most iconic comic book stories of all time.
but it also leaves room for misdirection an non-spoiler advertisement... if you put any hint of Silver Surfer in the teases/ trailer it becomes very obvious to even casual viewers that it meaning Galactus is in it

but with a lesser known herald (who maybe only the hardcore fans would know of) they could get a way with showing more action/fight scenes without giving away the main plot

MarvelStudiosSpoilers mods claim
  • "Adam Driver is not even close to being a front runner, and Diego Luna was up and running at one point but not anymore. Dev Patel is the number one choice for Reed right now."

DEV would be great, he can sell the science/fantasy and bring the heart-sexiness.
nervous-gawain.gif

but it also leaves room for misdirection an non-spoiler advertisement... if you put any hint of Silver Surfer in the teases/ trailer it becomes very obvious to even casual viewers that it meaning Galactus is in it

but with a lesser known herald (who maybe only the hardcore fans would know of) they could get a way with showing more action/fight scenes without giving away the main plot

Interesting point, but if it’s a Galactus story, people like us, who really care, will know before the first trailer.

There’s a line between protecting spoilers and getting people into the theater, and the primary villain isn’t a spoiler as much as an important part of the story that people will want to know about.

We knew about Kang, Namor etc. before we saw them in trailers. And once the trailers started, they were clearly and unambiguously present.

Now if Doom, for example, is going to pop up in a post credits scene of FF or a different film, that’s something they’ll do their best to keep under wraps, but if Galactus is the primary threat, that’s something we’ll want to know and they’ll tell us.

MarvelStudiosSpoilers mods claim
  • "Adam Driver is not even close to being a front runner, and Diego Luna was up and running at one point but not anymore. Dev Patel is the number one choice for Reed right now."

My hunch is that Reed is the character most likely to get race swapped if they decide to portray any member of the team as a POC.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"