Fantastic Four General News & Discussion Thread (TAG SPOILERS)

About Alicia Masters.

Do you keep her in the 60s too to give more angst for Ben, or do you keep her in the present as one of his bright spots in the contemporary world?

About Alicia Masters.

Do you keep her in the 60s too to give more angst for Ben, or do you keep her in the present as one of his bright spots in the contemporary world?
Present day. Mostly because I wouldn't want her to get left behind in the 60s when the team eventually comes to present day.

About Alicia Masters.

Present. The more ties they have in the present, the less likely their story ends up being preoccupied with going back. That’s also part of why I hope the kids aren’t born until they get to the present. Need reasons for them to want to stay.

Last edited:
I'd imagine most the supporting cast will be people they meet once their in the current timeline, cause they wouldn't want to leave to many characters behind... unless its someone with ties to that time period

Last edited:
So Ebon has not met Vanessa yet, which means that they haven had chemistry tests between them. I don’t know how to feel about that. I really hope they had chemistry tests with the most important dynamics: Sue & Reed, Johnny & Sue, Ben & Reed, Ben & Johnny.

I’m not too worried about Pedro and Joseph because they are working together on the Gladiator sequel.

I doubt they did chemistry tests

I think we'd be surprised to learn that those screen tests between actors might not be as common as we think they are.

I think as long as there aren’t any a**holes in the group, there won’t be any chemistry issues.

Good people who have good senses of humor and get along with other people will bond and gel and probably have a great time making a film like this.

And this seems like a pretty good bunch. I don’t get the feeling any of them are prima donnas or a**holes.

I don't know for sure in what order any of these casting took place, but it sounds like he was one of the first to officially sign? does that seem od to anyone else, that he would be the first character to be cast?

but as far as we know the others might have been already in negotiations, if not signed, too

Last edited:
Not really cause we saw tons of names floated for Sue and Reed who ended up not doing it for various reasons. So maybe he was just one of the first choices for Ben and he said yes before the other roles got filled

I don't know for sure in what order any of these casting took place, but it sounds like he was one of the first to officially sign? does that seem od to anyone else, that he's would be the first character to be cast?

but as far as we know the others might have been already in negotiations, if not signed, too

He’s the one who I immediately loved when I heard the name, so I wouldn’t be surprised if Shakman felt the same.

But I think this whole process was probably much more orderly than uninformed scoopers led us to believe, and they probably had a pretty good idea who they wanted when the strike disrupted things.

I don't know for sure in what order any of these casting took place, but it sounds like he was one of the first to officially sign? does that seem od to anyone else, that he would be the first character to be cast?

If I were to guess, it was likely Vanessa. It was said that Sue would be the lead of the first film and her name was floated around in the rumour mill long before Ebon.

now I am wondering back to when Mila Kunis was quoted on saying "I'm not in the role... But, I know who is"

was Venessa the same name that she believed had the role at that time? or...?

Last edited:
now I wondering back to when Mila Kunis was quoted on saying "I'm not in the role... But, I know who is"

was Venessa the same name that she believed had the role at that time? or...?
She was referring to The Thing, not Sue. Remember this was back when there was an absurd rumor going around she was going to be The Thing.

Last edited:
So he knew he was confirmed as Thing way back in August…that’s 7 months!!!!

I’m sure they’ve had a million great scripts from the fox days that fox just refused to do anything with so it wouldn’t surprise me.

would be really cool to see a trippy silver surfer film though. Hopefully they wont be afraid to do deep sci fi and not just the marvel formula comedy with that

If Shakman is able to make a live action Incredibles movie the MCU will be back in form

Well, I'm really pleased that this thing is finally taking shape.

I'm actually okay with most of the cast: just some mild misgivings about Joseph Quinn as The Human Torch (mostly because I just feel that Chris Evans set the bar super high). And contrary to the voiced concerns of our fellow fans, I believe casting Pedro Pascal as Reed Richards was a stroke of genius. He's a brilliant actor who has the chops to help carry this franchise. Similarly, I have zero concerns about Vanessa Kirby and Ebon Moss-Bachrach--both are solid Academy Award/ Emmy-level talents. As someone who enjoyed WandaVision's quirky, 1950's> 1960's >1970's > 1980's > 1990's >Modern Day storyline trip, I'm pretty confident that Matt Shakman has a strong point of view. Whatever actors they cast as the villains--whether it's Dr. Doom, Galactus, or a combination of rogues--will need to be forces of nature to balance out the charisma of this new cast.

My jury is out on H.E.R.B.I.E.--as long as it doesn't go Jar-Jar Binks stupid, I hope we'll be fine with that addition.

The above said...I'm nowhere near inclined to create another "50 Things This Movie Is Getting Right" hype thread like I used to do on this site 21 years (!!!) ago. Too much PTSD! In my opinion, Fox truly damaged this franchise--they were so reckless with this property. And Marvel Studios got a little punch drunk on its own success: subsequently their quality has slipped over the last 2 years. All of this adds up for The Fantastic Four in 2025. The damage to the property's legacy is far from irreparable, but this new film is definitely facing strong headwinds as it strives to change the public's perception of the brand.

However, the difference between FOX and Marvel Studios is that I believe the folks behind the latter do genuinely care about making the Fantastic Four the new flagship of the MCU. They have one shot at getting this right--like, seriously, one chance. And if this casting process and marketing roll-out is any indication of what's to come, I'm feeling rather encouraged.

Oh, and hello to everyone here. :woo: I've missed you guys.

Last edited:
Well, I'm really pleased that this thing is finally taking shape.

I'm actually okay with most of the cast: just some mild misgivings about Joseph Quinn as The Human Torch (mostly because I just feel that Chris Evans set the bar super high). And contrary to the voiced concerns of our fellow fans, I believe casting Pedro Pascal as Reed Richards was a stroke of genius. He's a brilliant actor who has the chops to help carry this franchise. Similarly, I have zero concerns about Vanessa Kirby and Ebon Moss-Bachrach--both are solid Academy Award/ Emmy-level talents. As someone who enjoyed WandaVision's quirky, 1950's> 1960's >1970's > 1980's > 1990's >Modern Day storyline trip, I'm pretty confident that Matt Shakman has a strong point of view. Whatever actors they cast as the villains--whether it's Dr. Doom, Galactus, or a combination of rogues--will need to be forces of nature to balance out the charisma of this new cast.

My jury is out on H.E.R.B.I.E.--as long as it doesn't go Jar-Jar Binks stupid, I hope we'll be fine with that addition.

The above said...I'm nowhere near inclined to create another "50 Things This Movie Is Getting Right" hype thread like I used to do on this site 21 years (!!!) ago. Too much PTSD! In my opinion, Fox truly damaged this franchise--they were so reckless with this property. And Marvel Studios got a little punch drunk on its own success: subsequently their quality has slipped over the last 2 years. All of this adds up for The Fantastic Four in 2025. The damage to the property's legacy is far from irreparable, but this new film is definitely facing strong headwinds as it strives to change the public's perception of the brand.

However, the difference between FOX and Marvel Studios is that I believe the folks behind the latter do genuinely care about making the Fantastic Four the new flagship of the MCU. They have one shot at getting this right--like, seriously, one chance. And if this casting process and marketing roll-out is any indication of what's to come, I'm feeling rather encouraged.

Oh, and hello to everyone here. :woo: I've missed you guys.
Wuuuuuuuut :wow:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"