Fantastic Four Reboot in the Marvel Cinematic Universe

Young Justice92

Civilian
Reaction score
If The Fantastic Four film rights get back to Marvel, which hopefully happens, I can see this happening. Since The MCU is heavily inspired by the Ultimate Marvel Universe, this is how I see a Marvel Cinematic version of the Fantastic Four.

PLOT: FANTASTIC FOUR

Reed Richards was a child prodigy, protected by his best friend Ben Grimm from bullies, and a genius who had invented a method of teleportation in his youth. He is discovered by government official Nick Fury, and subsequently recruited into a child prodigy think tank/school located in the upper floors of the Baxter Building. There he meets Professor Franklin Storm, who leads the project, and his children, bioengineer Susan Storm and her younger brother Johnny Storm. Reed also becomes the rival of Victor VonDoom, a fellow student. When Reed becomes 24, he plans to teleport an apple into one of many parallel universes called the N-Zone, but VonDoom claims Reed's calculations are completely wrong and sabotages the setup at the last minute with his calculation’s. The five students get teleported through the N-Zone, and when they rematerialize, they return with their body physiology changed and Victor missing. S.H.I.E.L.D. quarantines the young adults until they are ready to be released and tasks Dr. Storm to find a cure. Reed retains his super-intelligence. Reed no longer automatically assumes leadership of the team in demanding situations, but soon will discover he is fit to be a leader. Sue Storm is the most head-strong and assertive member of the team, and has a gift for biochemistry and bioengineering. Ben Grimm is his grade-school friend, is not as intelligent and has to have science explained to him. When an attack on New York City occurs on the way back to The Baxter Building, a gigantic monster comes up from within the Earth, from the ground and causes havoc. Deciding to help save people from being harmed, they unintentionally begin using their abilities to fend off the monster, which shocks New York City. This causes the monster to go back into the ground, leaving a giant hole in the middle of the city, and they become a hazard to the city and bashed from the public and media. As they get tested on, they soon discover that their body physiology is permanently changed with no cure. Against SH.I.E.L.D. orders, they put on the suits they wore when they were teleported into the N-Zone and head down into the large hole to find out where that monster came from. When coming face to face to who caused the destruction, Reed and Sue discover it’s a old teacher of theirs. The Mole Man was a Baxter Building scientist named Dr. Arthur Molekevic. Nicknamed Mole Man by the students, he was fired due to his experiments in creating life after being warned off. He claimed the files as his own but was told by the S.H.I.E.L.D. officials that he was fired, which included Sue and Johnny's father, Dr. Franklin Storm that everything he created was the property of S.H.I.E.L.D. He soon disappeared into underground caverns with his Moloids, a self species Molekevic created. The caverns contained advanced technology, which Mole Man claimed had been built by an ancient race. Parts of the caverns were also under the Baxter Building itself, which provided Mole Man with links into their security system. His ability to spy on the team fostered the delusion that he was a father figure to them. When the Fantastic Four gain their powers, and were transported across the world, Sue, while unconscious, was kidnapped and transported to his caverns. Mole Man sends one of his created monsters to New York to retrieve the others. The other members of the team manage to defeat it. They follow the hole the monster made and confront Mole Man, eventually rescuing Sue. The Four defeat his forces but the Mole Man escapes. However he returned and kidnapped all the Baxter Building employees and Dr. Franklin Storm. The Mole Man self combusted from The Fantastic Four taking him up to the surface of New York City and defeated with their abilities and discovered Dr. Franklin Storm’s still alive. S.H.I.E.L.D. took the weaponry from the alien technology and drove off people and reporters. The people of New York City flock around the four and applaud them and they actually changed the impressions they previously had. Reed comforts Sue and they kiss which shocks Reed. They soon chant Fantastic Four which Johnny enjoys and Ben hates. You see on the television screen a body was found in Latveria (Victor VonDoom.) Johnny then flame’s on and flies above the city creating a 4 using his flame abilities. In the after credits screen, you see Dr. Storm atop the Baxter Building looking up at the night sky and speaking in a unrecognizable voice and language and you see his face and body change into a green alien (Skrull) speaking of an upcoming invasion. You see a star moving in the night sky.

Never a big fan of the "Ultimate" FF - did not care for the elements of it they used in the Fox FF movie and I would not want Marvel to make the same mistake when they get the rights back. Given that there has been some "Ultimate" influences in the Marvel films, the origins for the most part have adhered to the true roots of the characters, and I see no reason to treat the FF any different. Doom is NOT tied into the FF's origin - period. The Mole Man was NOT an old teacher of Reed's - period. Franklin Storm was not the project leader of the Baxter think tank - period.
All these things dilute who and what the FF are and are huge mistakes made in a bad comic series that should not be duplicated.

Last edited:
Oh, neither am I really. This is just one of my many plots to fit The Fantastic Four into The Marvel Cinematic Universe. I completely understand your view, but like I said, since they take some inspiration from the Ultimate Universe, I figured I'd throw this one out first and see how people react to it. I'll post a more faithful one soon. More faithful than the previous movies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"