How would you introduce the Fantastic Four into the Marvel Cinematic Universe?

Discussion in 'Fantastic Four' started by Tg11, May 19, 2018.

1. Tg11 Registered

Personally since it is all but a formality that Reed, Sue, Johnny, Ben, Victor Von Doom, etc. are on their way home back to Marvel since they more or less have the rights back, it begs the question of how you would introduce the Fantastic Four into the MCU?

Here is how I would do it:

- Well in Spider-Man Homecoming, Tony Stark/Iron Man (Robert Downey, Jr.) sold the Avengers Tower but we never knew just who bought Avengers Tower; so what if they could reveal that the Leland Baxter Paper Company purchased the Avengers Tower. The tower would, therefore, become the Baxter Building.

In the comics, the Baxter Building is in New York City and it’s where the Fantastic Four’s headquarters is located. The Leland Baxter Paper Company owns the building, but the Fantastic Four purchase the top five floors.
    This would allow for an iconic landmark to stay in New York City, and it would retroactively make it appear that Marvel was setting up the Fantastic Four years in advance.

- Or another way being:

- Reed Richards, Sue Storm, Johnny Storm and Ben Grimm are all scientists of S.H.I.E.L.D. who went missing after being on a space mission for decades. However, they find their way back to Earth post-Avengers 4 and have already come into their powers. We could see this all in Avengers 4 like in a post-credit scene or something as a means of introducing them or seeing it in their own film like in the first act. You pretty much skip over their origin and differentiate from the 2005 and 2015 versions but make it better.

2. Detective Conan Registered

The John Cusack-doppelgänger Reed from Fan4stic invents an interdimensional traveling machine that sends him and the rest of the members from Fan4stic(Kentucky fried chicken-looking Thing, Black Johnny Storm, blonde-wig Sue Storm) to the Marvel cinematic universe after his native universe is facing destruction and is being erased from existence.

Wa-lah! That’s the way to do it!

Kevin Feige needs to hire me ASAP. Kevin Fiege doesn’t need to reboot. Don’t cast John Kraksinki as Reed, Alison Brie as Sue, Seth Rogen as Ben, Dacre Montgomery as Johnny. Just go with the fantastic(pun intended)cast we already have!

#2 Detective Conan, May 19, 2018
    Last edited: May 19, 2018
  3. Tg11 Registered

Well it seems intergalactic space travel/time continuum makes sense since in the MCU that is the way to go lately hence Carol Danvers; it wouldn't surprise me if the Fantastic Four were introduced by way of being lost within another dimension or being in a black hole and then somehow finding their way out of it back to Earth

4. Yowza Registered

I think the film starring Marvel's first family should have a 1960's sci-fi vibe maybe even initially taking place in the 1960's (a younger Hank and Janet could make brief cameo).

Numerous articles have compared the microverse introduced in Antman to the negative zone. Perhaps becoming lost in here may result in entering another dimension entirely if when trying to exit back out of the microverse in some particular fashion?

Anyway, I think seguing off of the Antman franchise would be a good possibility. Antman 3 could center around Antman and Wasp along with Hank and Janet re-entering the microverse to escape whatever fate awaits them end of Avengers 4. From there, they end up entering the Negative Zone Hank remembers hearing a certain Reed Richards write a paper on back in the 1960's (which of course could showcase a number of flashback scenes with younger Hank and Janet).

For the FF movie (anticipation built up somewhat from Antman 3), I like the notion of the Fantastic Four as being a bit time-displaced perhaps meeting up with an older Hank and Janet who not seen since their younger years (this meeting could perhaps be an openning to the FF movie continuing off of a post-credits scene of Antman 3). The movie could open up with this meeting as Fantastic Four guided out of stasis-like imprisonment within the Negative Zone. I think a retro futuristic look would suit them as introduce themselves to the modern world around them.

#4 Yowza, May 19, 2018
    Last edited: May 19, 2018
    Stark Bauer likes this.
  5. Tg11 Registered

Another way could be:

Like you said starting the first portion of the film in the 1960s since a Marvel film hasn't taken place during the 1960s. Reed, Johnny, Sue and Ben of course being from the 1960s are S.H.I.E.L.D. scientists. However, if S.H.I.E.L.D. has been around for decades and decades if this film does start off in the 1960s then wouldn't it make sense for Peggy Carter as well as Howard Stark, Tony's father to be in this film? I mean Howard he and Peggy are founding members of SHIELD and if the FF at that time work for SHIELD go on their space mission, I wonder if we could also incorporate other real life things from the 1960s such as President Kennedy depending on which Kennedy you use either JFK or RFK to help fund SHIELD?

Similar to Captain Marvel the Fantastic Four would go on their space mission and essentially end up getting "Lost in Space" as it would have a "Lost in Space" kind of vibe

However, you would also have the time travel aspect to this film as well

6. David H. We’re not owed anything.

Nick Fury: hey, let me introduce you to the Fantastic Four.

Fantastic Four: hi, Avengers.

Avengers: hi, Fantastic Four.

7. Silvermoth Krakoan native

^ha! Yeah that would do.

I reckon what the avengers did for politics and geopolitics and strange did for magic and spiritualism, the ff handle science. So they are the brave young people who unite humanity with a dream to explore the universe. They explore the negative zone and get blasted with cosmic rays and when they get back things are never the same again

8. Tg11 Registered

Marvel could bring the Fantastic Four crashing back to Earth after revealing that they've either been lost in space or stuck in a wormhole and what seemed like months for them has been decades for the rest of us. Basically they are from the 1960s so half of their film would be a period piece taking place during the 1960s during the space race of NASA. SHIELD would still be a factor. Cameos from Peggy Carter and Howard Stark among others. That would leave the team like a fish out of water, thereby giving the franchise a different feel but there's one major problem with this; Reed Richards may be a genius but his 60s era inventions would look laughable compared to today's and he'd no longer seem that smart.

Johnny being a 60s teenager would have to adjust to being a young man in the 2010s.

9. Silvermoth Krakoan native

That would be fun. I wonder if it would be hard to establish reed after shuri was established as the cleverest character in the marvel u?

I suppose they might have different fields. Shuri has engineering, reed has astrophysics

10. spider-neil spins a web any size!

One mistake that the Fantastic Four filmmakers always make is to introduce Doom in the FF origin movie. Doom is such a complex character he needs a whole movie dedicated to him not some stripped down version because you're contracting on the FF's origin story.

If you have to open up with a villain then make the version The Mole Man. MM has a simple backstory and a simple plan for world domination.

11. Willie Lumpkin Trophy Husband

... or his '60s era inventions could do things that modern technology still can't do today - showing how amazing he really is.

12. Willie Lumpkin Trophy Husband

If they had the rights now, ready to go, I'd like to see something like:

Opening of Avengers 4.

Tony: Richards, Von Doom, put that quantum drive away for now. I need you working on a time machine.

(Ultimately Von Doom would get involved with a side project trying to contact his dead mother, become injured in a lab explosion and take off, not to be heard from until some later film).

Opening of Spider-man 2:

Johnny: Hi, I'm Johnny Storm.

Peter: Peter Parker... Hey, who was that hot babe who dropped you off?

Johnny: Huh? Oh, that was just my sister.

13. Tg11 Registered

Plus he would be literally smarter than Tony, Shuri and Banner all put together

14. Erzengel |-o-| (-o-) |-o-|

In the 80s/90s, the FF travel into space get sucked into the wormhole due to sabotage by Victor Von Doom. Fight Annihilus, then Galactus destroys the planet they are on, not before they escape to present time Earth.

15. Yowza Registered

Interesting ideas; still I think more people will want to see it if the characters have a certain nostalgic yet fresh feel to them when introduced.
    I think building off of something already established is best way to gain interest from a general audience.

Also, the lost in space thing would be kind of interesting but so many MCU movies have gone out WAY beyond the solar system, hard to make this seem fresh and new unless of course build off of other movies to small degree. I suppose notion presented in Gaurdians 2 of earth beings having a connection to the light Ego needed could be expanded upon maybe with the FF getting their powers in present day perhaps through encounter with energy radiating off of celestial beings perhaps in Eternals movie (sort of matches how done in the comics just energy source different if works to build off of something introduced in another movie).

I still think my Antman idea would work better though. I think reactions to present day/learning to cope and find a purpose more interesting than scenes dealing with them learning to use their powers again. Reed could just be familiar with an alien type of technology yet still surprised and fascinated by internet/smart phones (an outside perspective looking at modern day society yet of course having knowledge of interdimensional physics and some types of alien tech.). :)

#15 Yowza, May 22, 2018
    Last edited: May 22, 2018
  16. Silvermoth Krakoan native

I agree about not using doctor doom. He’s too hard to introduce with four other main characters.

Maybe they should break the mound and have a variety of colourful characters the FF meet, like a wizard of oz type feel. For example, it would be so much fun to introduce terminus, I mean look at this visual

[​IMG]

Deliciously 60s sci fi and very Kirby. I mean the whole thing should be a love letter to lee and Kirby. Plus it would set up the celestials which would help the eternals. Then maybe you could also have mole man and annihilius, attacked from many sides. Sort of like the comic where there’s a new adventure every week with connecting threads narratively.

Stark Bauer likes this.
  17. Stark Bauer Mr. Feige- cast me as MCU Darkhawk

i like this idea. It would be like the dark Knight where the it feels like to chapters in one movie.

Silvermoth likes this.