Fantastic Four Snapshots

Another trip down memory lane: FF #25. I considered this issue the most important in my childhood collection. It's cover was my all-time favorite, and it was my most read and reread comic:

ff25cvr500tn5.jpg

Spread as it is over half the issue, the Hulk and Thing's "Battle of the Century" contains so many images incredibly burned into my long term memory including:

ff25p11oy2.jpg

ff25p18ath9.jpg
ff25p18bfz5.jpg

ff25p19300vh2.jpg

But my first thoughts always went to Sue:

ff25p10vs5.jpg

ff25p11abm3.jpg

ff25p11byp6.jpg

Through the power of comics, I felt Sue's pain. Not long after purchasing this comic, I somehow developed the impression that it would be a classic, and I felt fortunate to own a copy. I'm using past tense since my collection has long ago gone into comic heaven. I'm not going to spoil the end -- indeed this was an early Marvel two-parter continued in FF #26.

*sighs* Sue faints again.

I think she was either fainting or had her hand over her mouth in a show of surprise or terror in almost every early comic. lmao.

c-ff16.gif

This is by far one of my favorite images from the glory days of FF.

My two other favorite covers in my collection are issue 3 (first fantasticar & new costumes) and issue 31:
31-2.jpg

But, I'm a major nerd for Mole Man appearances. He just always brought epic sci fi adventures to the book in his appearances, and also some of the best introspective drama, at the same time.

Fun Mole Man. Very "horror comick'y".

In response to Kel's notice of "Weak Sue", I thought I'd bring a few snapshot for "Strong Sue".

Here in one of her first appearances is the exclusive interview with Barbara Walker in it's entirety from August 1982. Issue 245.

Woman To Woman

woman2woman1.jpg

woman2woman2.jpg

woman2woman3.jpg

woman2woman4.jpg

:ff: :ff: :ff:

Here's a clip of an issue I had forgotten about. This is from Vol. 1, Issue 172. 1976.

The Thing VS. The Destroyer. Asgardian Herald of Galactus.

benvsdestroyer1.jpg

benvsdestroyer2.jpg

benvsdestroyer3.jpg

benvsdestroyer4.jpg

:thing: :thing: :thing:

Here's a snippet where Benjy get's bailed out by everyone's favorite Avengers. Oh and Namor is in it too. The art is great. At least I think so. Some people don't like Lee.

Anywho. Here it is from 1997. Issue 3 of Volume 2. A Heroes Reborn issue.

reborn31.jpg

reborn32.jpg

reborn33.jpg

reborn34.jpg

reborn35.jpg

:thing:

Here's another oneshot. A two page splash from Issue 281. 1985.

A little pic I like to call The Hate Monger VS. New York.

hatemongervsnewyork.jpg

:ff: :ff: :ff:

Here's the clip from Marvel Two-in-One Annual Number 7.

Ben isn't the strongest but by god there is no doubting his will. Here we see Ben save the planet...

AGAIN!

BenWontQuit1.jpg

benWontQuit2.jpg

BenWontQuit3.jpg

BenWontQuit4.jpg

:thing: :thing: :thing:

FR, great Torch & Spidey! What issue is that from?

Reminded me of this segment in Slott's Spider-Man Human Torch, issue #5:

smht5p9500lj0.jpg

smht5p10500jpgvg9.jpg

smht5p11175am5.jpg

I gotta see more of this comic, like what happens next.

still the lamest team in the history of comics.
I wish the illuminati had blasted reed off the planet instead of hulk. maybe we would have gotten lucky and he would not have come back.
****ing parasite.

still the lamest team in the history of comics.
I wish the illuminati had blasted reed off the planet instead of hulk. maybe we would have gotten lucky and he would not have come back.
****ing parasite.

Why don't you go back to the Dark Knight boards where you belong. Get out of here ya feeb.

Great thread by the way, keep it up Franky.

The FF are one of my favorite Super groups EVER!

I'm going to be picking up Slott's Spidey/Torch teamup tomorrow if I can.

Okay, both Peter/Johnny scans are great!

And I'm waiting to see something from the only era of Fantastic Four I read... 355-the Onslaught stuff. I'll eventually pick up where I left off with Heroes Reborn.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"