Fantastic Four: The End!!!

They've hinted at some dark depressing stuff for Spidey in ASM somewhere around issue's 500 and 504

hmm, ppl have talked about something like that tho. references to peters death etc. okies, havta ask wtf theyre goin on about?

I don't see Peter's story ending in his death, aI thought that was a possible future but not what will actually happen.
Although maybe they can work that death (or near death) scene into Civil War.

supermarvelman said:
Avengers the End was pretty depressing.

So was Hulk the End, but it seems a little more realsistic as to what could really possibly be the End for the Hulk.

I didn't know there was an Avengers the End,:eek: what happend in it?

Sin Eater said:
You can find them in Joe Fridays columns at Newsarama.

Can you post a link to the Fantastic Four The End art?
I really want to check it out.

Artistsean said:
I didn't know there was an Avengers the End,:eek: what happend in it?

It's called The Last Avengers Story.
Pretty cool. I got it for fairly cheap on eBay maybe 2 years ago. If memory serves, it's Peter David and Ariel Olivetti.

I think I found the FF The End art, is it two pages by Romitta Jr?
If so I found it.
I thought someone else, I wanna say Alan Davis, was going to do it?

Cyclops said:
No, but you could have a future that is gosh, balanced kinda like today's world, where there's good, there's bad, and there's inbetween, it's just... gasp... the FUTURE!

I mean, come on. Are you really dense enough to think that there can only be one extreme or the other? Please tell me you're not.
The point of most future-set stories is to serve as a warning as to how things will end up given what's happening currently. I mean, why else set a story in the future? Just for the flying cars and amazing gadgets? If the future is going to be just like today, then just have the story take place today.:o

Artistsean said:
I think I found the FF The End art, is it two pages by Romitta Jr?
If so I found it.
I thought someone else, I wanna say Alan Davis, was going to do it?
well

Well, what?

CantThinkOfAName said:
The point of most future-set stories is to serve as a warning as to how things will end up given what's happening currently. I mean, why else set a story in the future? Just for the flying cars and amazing gadgets? If the future is going to be just like today, then just have the story take place today.:o

True, but the purpose of "The End" stories is to tell the story of the character's (Hulk, Spider-Man) last battle or how their super hero career ends.
It's Marvel's almost certain ending for the character, no need for warning. So why make it depressing and dark. Plus its almost impossible for every super hero story to end poorly, there would be at least one that ended good.

I think the FF and Spider-Man, and maybe the Avengers or Captain America, would have a happy ending for sure. Their characters are to likable to end their stories so sadly.

The End series really should have ended with Hulk. But,I'll give it a try if they get someone really good to write....

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohkeelay
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"