• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

The Official Fantastic Four Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Docker said:
Well said! That's the point that needs to be understood. I don't even think this move will last a year. They have a movie coming out this summer and even Joey Q. has a boss. That's why you see Ghost Rider, Dr.Strange, and Blade all with comics out cuase they all have upcoming movies or tv series coming out have or have already been released. Hence Spidey back in black and a return of the Sandman in comics.

Involved with killing Uncle Ben nonetheless.

^blows. I was really trusting PAD, too.

You know what i'd like to see? Sue and Reed join cap's avengers.
However I dont wanna see two jerks in FF uniforms on the team. If they're gonna be avengers i wanna see costume redesigns.

Darthphere said:
NewFF.jpg

I like the way turner drew Ben

Assassin said:
I like the way turner drew Ben

Bah, if you squint a bit and try and ignore the jaw it does actually look like a really good cover. But without that the Jaw really does start to annoy me, just it looks really wierd.. Other than that Ben does look pretty cool though.

do you think they are going to use a uniform for this new line-up, because storm and black panther need to wear something fantastic four related so they can be recognizable as a team, other way they all look like candy of different flavour

how come invisible woman would not join. All three of them defected from Iron mans side.

Probably to work on her marriage and take care of her children.

So what if BP doesn't have crazy powers like everyone else,he's going to be a badass leader calling the shots as the goddamn pimp that he is dammit.

Plus,it's McDuffie writing man!If anyone has any doubt about his style,check out the FF Special also called Dinner with Doom from last January if you can still find it.It seemed like he had a great handle with Ben and Johnny.

I'm guessing Sue joins up with some underground team while Reed takes on a huge position in the Initiative.

Well, I'm not sure if this has been shown here on the Hype yet, and it probably has, so I apologise ift hat is the case. This is a really good pic, actually, one of Turner's better ones in my opinion, and if it reflects the new team...well, then, it should be great!

newff.jpg

Use the search, you should find the thread already discussing this. This is pretty old news by now.

How does this tie in to Storm and Black Panther being on the team?

Great picture though.:yay:

I think Turner will be providing art for all four possibilities mentioned in the Wizard article months back by Millar.

cool...i would love to see the silver surfer join the fantastic four..

tho if it were me i'd have surfer,thing,torch and nova!!!

cool...i would love to see the silver surfer join the fantastic four..

tho if it were me i'd have surfer,thing,torch and nova!!!

why would surfer waist his time doing that?

true...but he was with the defenders for a bit and he has joined forces with the FF a few times...maybe a ego/galactus threat is enough for him to join up with the remains of the fantastic four to reunite against a common threat.

tho without the brains of reed...they would struggle a little i think..

i didn't even know the surfer wore pants!!! :confused:

true...but he was with the defenders for a bit and he has joined forces with the FF a few times...maybe a ego/galactus threat is enough for him to join up with the remains of the fantastic four to reunite against a common threat.

tho without the brains of reed...they would struggle a little i think..

I doubt that.

all brawn and no brains isnt the greatest thing..how many time has the heroes of the MU won due to brain power over brawn???

and reed being the smartest guy on the planet is a big boost to anyones side..

anyway its all a moot point as they are all just teaser images at the mo anyway.....they could team up with squirrel girl and beak for all we know so far!!!

Something is telling me that this is just Marvel covering their tracks, and that Diamond really spilled the beans early with that Storm/Black Panther cover and solicit, and now they're just releasing other covers to try and keep people guessing.

Something is telling me that this is just Marvel covering their tracks, and that Diamond really spilled the beans early with that Storm/Black Panther cover and solicit, and now they're just releasing other covers to try and keep people guessing.

Possibly. Perhaps after 3+ years Marvel is learning that releasing spoilers may not always be so wise.

Or maybe McDuffie is sort of having an arc of "Ben & Johnny team up with two other character every month or two" so he can play with more characters like he did in BEYOND.

At any rate, Silver Surfer makes more historical sense on the FF than Black Panther or Storm, who frankly would fit more on an Avengers roster (hell, Storm is already an Avenger in the MARVEL AGES kiddie Avengers book). But, Marvel wants to pimp T'Challa and Ororo, their manufactured love story, as their new #1 couple, so I'm not surprised they'd want them to literally replace Reed & Sue's spots on the team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"