BvS Favorite Character (POLL)

valmont

Civilian
Reaction score
Who was your favorite character in the movie?
You can discuss why. :yay:

Batman, Wonder Woman and Alfred, rest i wasn't a fan of.

Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman in this order. Although I love superman more in this movie I like Bens batman more because it's new.

Voted for everyone except Doomsday, but I would like to give a special mention for a supporting character to Senator Finch. From the trailers it looked like she may be in league with Lex, so I was pleasantly surprised when she stood up to him. Great performance from Holly Hunter, as usual.

And to clarify, I voted for Lex not because I liked him, but because I absolutely hated him - so a job well done!

Last edited:
Batman, simply for Affleck's acting. I hated the murderous characterization.

Luthor was the worst.

Batman/Bruce and then Superman

Batman, Wonder Woman and Superman in that order although Alfred and Perry are close fourth and fifth.

Lex as my #1. Awesome!

Superman as my #2

Batman and Alfred.

Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman, and Alfred.

Runner-up was Senator Finch. Holly Hunter delivered a great performance, wish she had more do than just three scenes.

Supes easily. Hard to not feel sorry for him in this movie, he tried to live Jor-El's dream but the world reacted the exact way Pa Kent told him it would.

My top four were Superman, Batman, Lex Luthor, and Wonder Woman. I also greatly enjoyed the rest of the cast and the characters they portrayed.

Doomsday was just a monster which I'm fine with.

I'm going with Superman - Batman a close second.

Here's why. Cavill did a lot with a little. Other than get misunderstood and beaten up, he doesn't get a lot of time in the movie.

I mean, in one night he has to deal with.... girlfriend/mother kidnapped, sonic blasted, machine gun turret assaulted, gassed with kryptonite, savagely beaten down by Batman, gassed again, even more seriously smacked around by Batman, nearly killed by the Krypto-spear, smacked around by Doomsday, hit with a nuke, smacked around more by Doomsday, nearly drowns, then finally gets killed while killing Doomsday...I mean, come on, that's a bit much !

I mean, **** , he only gets one real quality scene with Lois, right at the start. They don't even let him speak at the senate.

He does get one "Superman saves people" montage, and a couple of brief "Clark Kent investigates" scenes.

So, for the tiny bit of stuff he does get, I think Cavill did a great job and was convincing as Superman, it's the story that lets him down.

The moment where he starts loosening his tie
in preparation for flying to Mexico to save the little girl
the look on his face and his body language, he's utterly, totally Superman - dare I say it, even moreso (for that brief second) than Reeve (RIP).

For that reason, making pearls out of dust, I give Superman (Henry Cavill) my vote.

In terms of which character came off best in the film, well obviously Batman because it was his movie.

Batman, Alfred and Martha Kent were good. Everyone else was either ok or terrible.

In order: Superman, Batman, Alfred, Lois, Perry, Senator Finch.

I loved the other characters too, but those are my favorites for the part they played in expressing viewpoints around the themes of the movie.

Superman's story was very nuanced and subtle, with a wisely crafted 'less is more' silent acting approach for the most part, which is also something I loved about Michael Keaton's Batman back in the day. The times he speaks, it means a lot, and many of his best moments are done through body language and the way everything revolves around his presence and his choices. Brilliant. Shame something so great is utterly lost on so many people.

Obviously, I could gush about this version of Batman for hours. A lot of people groan about the origin, but I was fascinated by the changes and the relevance to the plot (which made it a very necessary inclusion) and loved the poetic, stylized, dream-like way it was retold. Bruce narrating over it was a beautiful and emotional touch that calls back to some of the greatest comics where we get to read his thoughts, which creates a rich atmosphere. (Unfortunate that the TDK Returns animated movie missed that opportunity.)

Henry, Ben, Zack, if you're reading this: Amazing work. Stay the course. Some of us do appreciate your hard work and care.

Last edited:
I'm going with Superman - Batman a close second.

Here's why. Cavill did a lot with a little. Other than get misunderstood and beaten up, he doesn't get a lot of time in the movie.

I mean, in one night he has to deal with.... girlfriend/mother kidnapped, sonic blasted, machine gun turret assaulted, gassed with kryptonite, savagely beaten down by Batman, gassed again, even more seriously smacked around by Batman, nearly killed by the Krypto-spear, smacked around by Doomsday, hit with a nuke, smacked around more by Doomsday, nearly drowns, then finally gets killed while killing Doomsday...I mean, come on, that's a bit much !

I mean, **** , he only gets one real quality scene with Lois, right at the start. They don't even let him speak at the senate.

He does get one "Superman saves people" montage, and a couple of brief "Clark Kent investigates" scenes.

So, for the tiny bit of stuff he does get, I think Cavill did a great job and was convincing as Superman, it's the story that lets him down.

The moment where he starts loosening his tie
in preparation for flying to Mexico to save the little girl
the look on his face and his body language, he's utterly, totally Superman - dare I say it, even moreso (for that brief second) than Reeve (RIP).

For that reason, making pearls out of dust, I give Superman (Henry Cavill) my vote.

In terms of which character came off best in the film, well obviously Batman because it was his movie.

Agree with all of that. Cavill deserved a better movie.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"