Greatest Avengers arcs ever

Since we got multiple votes I voted for the Kree/Skrull War, Korvac, Under Siege, Assault on Olympus, The Proctor Saga, Avengers Forever, Ultron Unlimited, Kang Dynasty and Red Zone. If I had to choose my top 10 all time, all of those are in the list no questions asked. Operation Galactic Storm would be the 10th but it's not listed.

If I absolutely had to pick one, I couldn't because it would simply be a tie between Under Siege and Assault on Olympus. Together they were the core of Roger Stern's and John Buscema's epic run together.

Under Siege had some memorable moments. A brutal beat down of both Herc and Jarvis (leaving a lasting impact on the latter). The capture and destruction of Avengers Mansion, putting them in the pretty cool Hydrobase (Avengers Island) for quite a few years. A great early Scott Lang appearance. And Cap's spirit being broken by Zemo. Cap held it all in while Zemo ripped up pictures of Steve's mom and Hyde crippled Jarvis until he kicked all their asses before finally breaking down.....

Avengers+v1+277+%2822%29.jpg

It was a great moment by Monica, she officially became his second in command, a spot usually filled by strong female characters like Wasp, Wanda or Black Widow.

After a few filler issues, it segued into the Olympus arc which was some of my earliest exposure to folks like Ares, ect. Some more great moments abound. you think Thor's moment in Ultron Unlimted was epic, this was right up there if you ask me......
olympuswar10.jpg

Another great scene....

olympuswar11.jpg

Under Seige, the Masters are just badass and fun. Bendis take notes on what a good avengers threat should be. Go with the quality of the villians not the quantity.

Though to be fair I just picked up the new avengers with norman osborn and I think it may have just been the best issue of the avengers he's ever wrote, had many good mixed elements and pretty good characterization. The plot moved along well and the actions by pretty much everyone made sense. (well except for wolverine's blood being useful, I mean what in the MU hasn't had wolverine's blood on it at this point?)

How have I not heard of "Assault on Olympus" before now? :huh: Need... trade...

You should really include a few West Coast arcs on here, that was such a great book, especially the Phantom Rider and master pandemonium-immortus arcs. That particular arc proved extremely important.

I didnt like the vision quest stuff though, kinda a botched arc, although I didnt have alot of problems with the temp situation to the vision (hated his colorless look though)

I only voted for one, "The Kang Dynasty", which was just epic, the kind of big story a team like the Avengers deserve. That said, "The Proctor Saga" is a solid one, as is "Avengers Forever".

I was gonna include the Master Pandemonium arc but I couldn't find a name for it and I wasn't sure people would know what I was talking about.

I voted for the Proctor arc. That was the only arc prior to Disassembled that could really pull me into the Avengers, and boy did it. I LOVED that arc. Avengers 375 remains one of my favorite issues to this day.

That arc did have something of an X-Men-ish flavor to it, what with the intertwining alternate reality versions of characters and divergent histories and lots of soap operatic stuff between the Black Knight, Sersi, and Crystal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohkeelay
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"