Favorite Costumes?

HNutz

Civilian
Reaction score
This seemed similar to the Marvel Tournament thread (found here: http://www.superherohype.com/forums/showthread.php?t=219064 ), but I thought this might be different enough to stand on it's own. Basically... what's your favorite look for certain characters (and why, if you want to share)? My list (for the time being):

Colossus - the one around #390, when he died (it's just weird seeing him run around in short shorts... at least this one has pants)
Cyclops - Eve of Destruction (the Mission Impossible look)
Nightcrawler - Either his original or the look he was sportin' in Ellis' Excalibur
Banshee - Let's just say his casual look in Gen X
Gambit - All black version of his outfit from Xtreme X-Men. Really now, a thief wearing a mask that doesn't hide his face, gloves that don't cover his fingerprints, a bright pink chest and silver chin guards? Eek!
Wolverine - wife beater and jeans (maybe with X jacket, like in Tieri's Wolverine). Barring that... the brown costume.
Havok - Mutant X
Madrox - Madrox/X-Factor look
Archangel - Blue skinned, with either a business suit or black costume, both in Casey's X-Men
Siryn - classic, but her X-Factor look's growing on me
Proudstar - Blue and red "Warpath" look
Rogue - Classic green and yellow
White Queen - Gen X
Cannonball - Blue and yellow classic look
Mystique - from her solo series
Bishop - I guess from X-Treme, when he's bald, or blue and yellow, bald and w' knee supports
Magneto - Actually kinda partial to his all-black look from EoD
Kitty - Classic blue and gold
Xavier - just a nice suit

That's good for now, I think... what are some of y'all's favorite costumes?

You gotta love the new X-Factor uniforms.

Wolverine, I did a custom of his Astonishing X-Men figure where I painted all of the blue parts brown, and that looks absolutely amazing. I can't post pics, but those of you with photoshop or paintshop pro should try manipulating a pic of him like that... it's so cool.

Spider-man's newest costume is the best right after his 1st appearance look with the so-dark-blue-they're-almost-black parts.

Hulk the way JRjr did him in Return of the Monster, with the shaved head.

Black Panther looks best in his new/classic costume minus the cape.

Patriot looks coolest in his 1st appearance costume.

Cyclops' Astonishing X-men duds rule.

Finally, I like Ultimate Iron Man from Ultimates 2 and Ultimate Nightcrawler's X-Men uniform.

I tried this thread a while ago. Let's see how long this one lasts.

Wolverine: Brown, X-Men Unlimited #25
Spider-Man: Ben Reilly
Cyclops: Black one just before New X-Men came around.
Phoenix: Revolution costume.
Shadowcat: Excalibur
Nightcrawler: Excalibur
Colossus: Excalibur
Iron Man: Modular armor
Cable: Pre-Onslaught
Polaris: Late X-Factor.
Havok: X-Factor.
Avengers: The Crossing.

Seriously, someone try out the Wolverine thing and post a pic. Share the love. It really is cool.

Meh, I don't really care fer that design. Only looks good with certain artists.

Everyone's uniform in Ultimates.

Here's what I can think of right now...

Thor (King Thor)
Wolverine (Astonishing)
Spider-Man (classic)
Captain America (classic)
Jean Grey (Phoenix)

GOODT!MES said:
Wolverine, I did a custom of his Astonishing X-Men figure where I painted all of the blue parts brown, and that looks absolutely amazing. I can't post pics, but those of you with photoshop or paintshop pro should try manipulating a pic of him like that... it's so cool.

One day... one day I will be recognized for my genius.

blackpantherL.jpg

26.jpg

112.jpg

thorcostume-7.jpg

Thor looks weird with the Galactus helmet.

Spidey (regular,silver armor, and unlimited)
Gambit
Captain America
Silver Sable
Storm (Uncanny)
Elektra

Isn't this pretty much the exact same idea as blah's design contest thread? I mean, I don't mind myself, but it seems someone might have already pointed this out and made the obligatory "Search Function" comment...

I love the cyclops eve of destruction costume it yells out " Badass".

Hawkeye and Scarket Witch:
397.jpg

Cable:
cable-bigcostume8.jpg

Cyclops:
cyclops-bigcostume9.jpg

FF: The ones during Onslaught
fantastic4.jpg

Nightcrawler:
nightcrawler-bigcostume3.jpg

Jean Grey:
jean-bigcostume12.jpg

Understandably (points to username) I am a fan of Sabretooth, but not a fan of some of his costumes (ie classic). I did find this one on google sometime ago, no idea from what, so if anyone knows please feel free to tell me.

sabe.jpg

Chris just posted some of my picks there.

I think that may be either Ultimate Sabretooth or his realistic update a couple years ago.

That's ultimate Sabretooth, the pic even says so.

Spiderman:Black and white costume
Cyclops:Jim Lee costume followed by the X-factor one
Beast:Revolution costume
Storm:Silvestri costume during the Outback years
IronMan:Red and Silver
Archangel:Classic blue and white or red and white
Avengers:perez designs
FF:Classic Byrne costumes

Hey chris moore, Nightcrawler should have kept the goatee and crew cut, he looked really cool with them.

yeah but it didnt make sense since he is supposed to be covered in fur

nope he is covered in fur...it's why he's called "Fuzzy Elf" by Wolverine

Duker Jay said:
Isn't this pretty much the exact same idea as blah's design contest thread? I mean, I don't mind myself, but it seems someone might have already pointed this out and made the obligatory "Search Function" comment...

Well... as I pointed out when I made the thread, I do see the similarities. Thing is, that thread seemed to be about voting on favorite costumes, one character at a time, while in this one, I simply gave my opinions on a variety of costumes and asked y'all to do the same.

Regarding the Nightcrawler facial hair.. I never had much of a problem with it. If he can grow hair on top of his head, why not facial hair? As for his skin, I always took it to mean that his skin had a fuzzy texture, like a peach. So it wasn't fur, per sae, but close... Anywho, this makes MUCH more sense than Austen's comments regarding Nightcrawler on the X2 DVD...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"