Favorite Disney movie(s)?

a user

Civilian
Reaction score
Not sure if this is already a thread, but the question at hand is in the title.

I consider 'Disney movies' its own category within the film library of Disney Studios. For me, 'Disney movies' are films produced by Walt Disney (like Pinocchio, 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea, Old Yeller, and The Jungle Book) or films made after his lifetime that have the adventure / classic / fantasy spirit of those movies (like The Little Mermaid, Pirates of the Caribbean, Frozen, and the 2016 Jungle Book).

I tend to include in the 'Disney Studios' category (for examples) Big Hero 6, Wreck-It Ralph, and Zootopia - too modern / parodying for me to really compare to the animated classics mentioned above. Certainly entertaining movies... Just have their own style.

Anyway, as far as what my favorites are, here's my top ten in chronological order - will have to watch some others, specifically live-action...

One Hundred and One Dalmatians
The Aristocats
(never seen it until I recently got Disney+... now LOVE this movie)
The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh
Aladdin
The Lion King
Mulan
Tarzan
Lilo & Stitch
Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl
The Jungle Book
(2016)

*Fergin' love Zootopia as well

By the way, I don't care what you consider a Disney movie. I'm not expecting anyone to answer using my criteria.

I grew up with Disney renaissance so any of those, but if I had to narrow it down to just one it would be a toss up between Aladdin or Lion King.

The Little Mermaid
Pinnochio
The Lion King
The Hunchback of Notre Dame
The Emperor's New Groove
The Great Mouse Detective

Haven't seen any of the pre-1980s since I was a kid, so I'll leave them out for now:

ANIMATED
Aladdin
The Lion King
Tim Burton's The Nightmare Before Christmas*
Hercules
The Emperor's New Groove
Lilo & Stitch
Frankenweenie (2012)
Wreck-It Ralph
Big Hero 6
Zootopia

LIVE-ACTION
Tron
Honey, I Shrunk the Kids
The Rocketeer**
The Mighty Ducks
The Muppet Christmas Carol
Hocus Pocus
Cool Runnings
The Santa Clause
The Straight Story
Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl
National Treasure
Tron: Legacy
John Carter
The Lone Ranger
Tomorrowland
Dumbo (2019)

*Originally produced as Disney movie, then released through Touchstone Pictures, and ultimately rebranded Disney
**Released domestically as Disney movie, and internationally through Touchstone Pictures

Last edited:
Cinderella easily

tenor.gif

source.gif

tumblr_inline_nravrfOdad1r2z5wy_400.gifv

giphy.gif

UrQ2klqvcB9juBwXpCWUJHHrhFQCR8Az6veg0GZPiEAN3mFw580Z3PfSQSKzAAWHJ4pRApa4kwkAO2_xGpyJzQr5Lt4P7wirVjk2159GMvbeYyy2CLO4tsgfY5uYeGrYLVAR2Akdo8fv

original.gif

f144c0f59689036a07e6baaaf9c0d21b933e93c3.gifv

Last edited:
Live Action:

If it counts, actually Zorro episodes edited into a movie: (Sign of Zorro and Zorro the Avenger)
lJoyhJw.jpg

yD31vuj.jpg

dZeG28C.jpg

Ah, the original Herbie franchise. (although honestly I have not watched them sense I was a kid, have no idea of they hold up, probably not)

egYKaXm.jpg

LY9VrHq.jpg

qX1O3F7.jpg

I'm torn on both Lone Ranger and John Carter, they got a lot right, but so much wrong.

Last edited:
I'm torn on both Lone Ranger and John Carter, they got a lot right, but so much wrong.

I was torn on John Carter - it suffers from structural issues, but not enough to make it a bad or mediocre movie. It's a good, albeit flawed, movie.

Line Ranger on the other side I have no issues with. It's what the Pirates sequels wish they were and it's pretty much on par with Curse of the Black Pearl for me. A fun, ingenious adventure blockbuster with plenty of personality.

In no particular order..

Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh
101 Dalmatians (animated)
The Sword & the Stone
Ducktales: Treasure of the Lost Lamp
Rescuers Down Under
Aladdin (animated)
Cool Runnings
A Goofy Movie
George of the Jungle
Tarzan
Beauty & the Beast
Toy Story
Finding Nemo
Wall-E
Ratatouille
Tron Legacy
The Emperor's New Groove

Last edited:
It gets harder to meaningfully distinguish Disney films as they make acquisitions, but I guess it should be the Walt Disney Productions / Walt Disney Pictures films, minus Pixar. I'm pretty behind on my viewing, so I can't account for Zootopia, Moana, Frozen 2...

1. The Nightmare Before Christmas
2. The Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian
3. Bridge to Terabithia
4. Enchanted
5. Tangled
6. The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, The Witch, and The Wardrobe
7. The Lion King
8. The Little Mermaid
9. Winnie the Pooh
10. Big Hero 6
11. The Adventures of Huck Finn
12. The Princess and the Frog
13. Frozen
14. The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh
15. Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs
16. Maleficent
17. Honey, I Shrunk the Kids
18. Peter Pan
19. Oz the Great and Powerful
20. Alice in Wonderland (animated)

I'd say:
Animated - Lion King
Pixar - Toy Story 2
Other - Pirates of the Caribbean - Curse of the Black Pearl, Muppets Christmas Carol

Far too many to chose from but these are the ones I go back to time and again.

Winnie The Pooh (2011)
The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh
Dumbo
Fantasia
Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs
Bambi
Alice in Wonderland (1951)
Robin Hood

I would say the POTC trilogy is my favorite thing Disney has done BY FAR. Stranger Tides and Tell No Tales don't have any relation to the original three for me at least.

animated wise I would say:
Zootopia
Beauty and the Beast
Wreck it Ralph?
Tarzan

In terms of animated films, I have basically a #1 and a #1A. Bambi and Fantasia. Both are the pinnacle of hand-drawn animation. Completely gorgeous works of art. Fantasia is one I never get tired of. Easily re-watchable. But it has no real story or anything. Bambi doesn't have a complex one either as it is just a journey about going through life, but there is far more of an emotional punch there whereas Fantasia has none. Forced to choose, I'd probably say Bambi is the better film, but they are really close. Far closer than the gap between #2 and #3 for my personal pleasure.

Disney live aciton
Disney the long ranger
Disney National Treasures 1
Disney National Treasures 2 :book of secrets
Disney prince of Persia : sands of time
Disney the sorcerer's
apprentice
Disney the rockerteer
Disney sky high
Disney's pirates of the Caribbean trilogy
Disney Disney's Aladdin live aciton
Disney's the lion king live aciton
Disney bed nobs & broom sticks part live action part Anmited
Disney petes dragon part live action part Anmited
Disney petes dragon remake live action
Disney the jungle book part live aciton part Anmited
Disney's Cinderella live aciton
Disney marry Poppins & marry Poppins returns
Disney dumbo live action

Disney Anmited movies
Disney dumbo Anmited
Disneys the jungle book Anmited movie
Disney meet the Robinson computer Anmited movie
Disney treasure plant Anmited movie
Disney frozen computer Anmited movie
toy story trilogy computer Anmited movie
Robin hood Anmited moive
OLIVER & Company Anmited movie
sword & the stone Anmited movie
Alice in wonder land Anmited movie
Atlantis the lost empire Anmited movie

Live Action:
I was torn on John Carter - it suffers from structural issues, but not enough to make it a bad or mediocre movie. It's a good, albeit flawed, movie.

Line Ranger on the other side I have no issues with. It's what the Pirates sequels wish they were and it's pretty much on par with Curse of the Black Pearl for me. A fun, ingenious adventure blockbuster with plenty of personality.
Yeah, I felt they were both worth listing, cause like I said I do like them, they got allot right. And I am a fan of both properties. They just could have been so much better.
Agree with you on John Carter.
Lone Ranger, clearly they were going for recapturing the the Pirates franchise feel and "magic" , used same producer Bruckheimer/ Verbinski writers Ted Elliott & Terry Rossio and of course showcasing Johnny Depp.
Although in the end they ended up just clowning both of the main characters.
Not sure it was the right approach for this property?

The Dark elements, some tripy(supernatural?) elements were somewhat anachronistic, yet I rolled with those, seemed like a legit new take.
Yet things like dragging Lone Ranger's head through Horse ****, literally and mentally he just came off stupid.
And Depp wearing a fake "Native American" prosthetic nose, with a wacky fantasy-bird on his head, after going on how his take so respectful to the "culture", just seemed laughable, not in a good way.

The pay off, when they finally come together as heroes, and the over the top train sequence (actually many elements swiped from Legend of Zorro of all places) yet taken up to 100! With the William Tell Overture in full swing, was pure joy though.
Just getting there, felt like a slog through way to much horse ****. :funny:

-------------------
Are you two talking about the same movie..., or?
Line Ranger on the other side I have no issues with..
Disney the long ranger
3w1w0w.gif
...?:oldrazz:

Last edited:
old Disney: Fantasia
classic Disney: The Little Mermaid (1989), Beauty and the Beast (1991), Aladdin (1992)
new Disney: Big Hero 6, Zootopia

1.) Avatar
2.) Avengers: Endgame
3.) Black Panther
4.) Thor: Ragnarok
5.) Guardians of the Galaxy
6.) The Lion King
7.) Frozen
8.) Beauty and the Beast
9.) WALL-E
10.) Finding Nemo
11.) The Little Mermaid

As we approach the end of the year. In December month we have lots of time to spend our holiday with our family and loved ones. The above list which I shared consists of some of my all-time favorite movies which you sure like it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evilAIS
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"