Favorite "Get Well" food?

Silverstein

Superhero
Reaction score
I have a cold, I've been eating fruits and vegetables, and the generic tea and soup remedy...But you know how there's always that one meal you want to have that makes you feel good when you're sick or just unwell?

Well that's what this topic is about. Discuss your favorite "get well" food or snack...

I've never really had a get well food. I guess soups, lots and lots of soups. But when I'm sick... I'm not really hungry at all. I usually starve my sickness away and hibernate until it's gone. Rest does me a lot more good than ingesting "get well" foodstuffs.

That being said... I hope you're not dying.

I've never really had a get well food. I guess soups, lots and lots of soups. But when I'm sick... I'm not really hungry at all. I usually starve my sickness away and hibernate until it's gone. Rest does me a lot more good than ingesting "get well" foodstuffs.

That being said... I hope you're not dying.

Heh heh, not yet..But yeah, I know what you mean. My friends are like that. But I need food for energy. Like when I broke my collar bone, my mom brought me a huge cheeseburger and the doctor said I didn't even blink when he reset it for the butterfly brace. I was too focused on the cheeseburger.

And right now, with my cold...I've been craving roast pork ramen or some pho. Hell, I'd kill for a trip to Mai Lai Wah (a Chinese restaurant in Philly)..I know I'd feel better if I had that inside me.

I have a cold, I've been eating fruits and vegetables, and the generic tea and soup remedy...But you know how there's always that one meal you want to have that makes you feel good when you're sick or just unwell?

Well that's what this topic is about. Discuss your favorite "get well" food or snack...

When I'm really sick, usually I'm not hungry. I sleep a lot when I'm sick.

As for having a cold... no, I don't eat anything special. It's just a cold man, you're not dying or anything :p

Did you just call me silly?

Go get some rest... lots of rest.

Homemade chicken noodle soup, and a grilled cheese sandwich.

Mmmm... grilled cheese sandwich. Though I'd rather have a bowl of vegetable soup with a grilled cheese sandwich.

Pork fried rice.

Not kidding.

Of course it's not the case when I have stomach flu and whatnot, but for everything else pork fried rice is seriously where it's at.

Hahaha, oh good one knowsbreed.

Anyway

I don't really have a "get well" food. When I was a kid and I would get sick, my mom would make me some chicken soup. Now every time I eat chicken soup I just imagine all the times I was sick.

I don't like that.

I don't like to dwell on the times I was sick.

Hmph!

Generally I always want hot chicken broth and maybe a slice of toast when I'm sick. Maybe if my mother is feeling generous, she'd make chicken soup and run some out to me. But she hasn't done that in a while ;-;

I have no such food, considering colds usually affect your taste buds.

I just awoke and had some chicken and rice with broccoli...I think we're all so used to having chicken or chicken broth, that it has some kind of placebo effect of making us feel marginally better.

Though, Lobo, your idea sounds mighty fine right about now. Grilled cheese...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"