Favorite Pixar Movie

Top 5:
1. Up
2. The Incredibles
3. Toy Story
4. Wall-E
5. Finding Nemo

My favorite is probably Up. It spoke to me.

But nearly all of them are great. Pixar has had one of the best track records of anyone, not just in the animation world. Granted, it isn't as spotless now as it was years ago but a stumble was inevitable and they've still got a great level of quality.

They would be spotless if it wasn't for the Cars franchise. Anyway, I voted Toy Story 3.

I haven't voted because there are just too many excellent choices to choose from. A sentimental favorite would be A Bugs Life, as that's the first Pixar film I saw in theaters. Toy Story 2 ranks right up there, as it was the first from the franchise that I saw in theaters. As a fan of superhero comics, movies, cartoons, etc, I gotta love The Incredibles. And although not on the list, I really enjoyed Frozen.

Seriously, with all the great Pixar films out there, how do you pick just one favorite? By the way, your list is also missing the Shrek movies.

I haven't voted because there are just too many excellent choices to choose from. A sentimental favorite would be A Bugs Life, as that's the first Pixar film I saw in theaters. Toy Story 2 ranks right up there, as it was the first from the franchise that I saw in theaters. As a fan of superhero comics, movies, cartoons, etc, I gotta love The Incredibles. And although not on the list, I really enjoyed Frozen.

Seriously, with all the great Pixar films out there, how do you pick just one favorite? By the way, your list is also missing the Shrek movies.

Frozen is exclusively a Disney movie, Not Pixar, and the Shrek movies are Dreamworks.

Watching Wall-E right now. I think the love story is just touching and endearing. :up:

See, I just can't connect with Wall-E. I found it boring and easily forgotten versus the majority of the other Pixar movies. But I know that's just me, I know quite a few people who absolutely love Wall-E.

So many great ones, but The Incredibles got my vote.

I can't believe Incredibles 2 is finally in the works.

See, I just can't connect with Wall-E. I found it boring and easily forgotten versus the majority of the other Pixar movies. But I know that's just me, I know quite a few people who absolutely love Wall-E.

You must be dead inside. :(

I think there is no wrong with Wall-E....maybe we just have different interpretations and perceptions in watching movies. The way you see joy and happiness on screen maybe different and boring to other people....actually all the movie by pixar was great i got my top 5 on my list....

Last edited:
top 5 Movies and reason

1. Brave- has a cool accent
2.Wall-E- rusty but sweet
3.Up- i like Rusell and his wilderness explorer adventure ....up up and away!!!!!
4.Monster's Inc.- i like boo
5.Finding Nemo- coz I like swimming swimming!!!-by Dory

It's funny seeing just how many great movies Pixar has done and that even critics can't agree which is the better one.

Slashfilm
1. The Incredibles
2. Toy Story
3. Ratatouille

Filmonic
1. The Incredibles
2. Toy Story 3
3. Up

WhatCulture
1. Up
2. Toy Story 3
3. Toy Story

Indiewire
1. The Incredibles
2. Ratatouille
3. Up

Screencrush
1. Up
2. Ratatouille
3. The Incredibles

EW
1. Toy Story
2. The Incredibles
3. Toy Story 3

IGN
1. Toy Story 3
2. Wall-E
3. Up

The only one they can agree on is the worst, which is Cars 2.

Ratatouille
Incredibles
Bugs Life/Wall-E

I don't like the Cars movies.

The Incredibles.its as close to a perfect film as I've ever seen.
Then next is Toy story 3, Toy story 2, and then Up

I freakin' love Pixar. It's one of my favorite things in all of 21st century animation. They're today's Disney classics, except arguably more impressive since they don't have a source (material).

Favorite one has to be The Incredibles. It's easily up there with stories like TDK and Watchmen (the novel) in terms of quality and depth. Deals with some similar themes and is just as heavy as them in many ways. I love not just the social commentary, but more specifically the one it provides on superheroes and superhero culture. It's arguably a successful MCU film before there even was an MCU - a flashy "out there" superhero tale with just as much realism and human elements mixed in.

To give the full list...

1. The Incredibles
2. Ratatouille
3. Up
4. Toy Story 3
5. Wall-E
6. Finding Nemo
7. Toy Story
8. Toy Story 2
9. Monsters Inc.
10. Cars
11. A Bug's Life
12. Brave
13. Cars 2

Haven't seen Monsters University yet, and the only ones I didn't really care for were Brave and Cars 2. It's a bit of a shame, since that makes Toy Story 3 the last great Pixar film I saw. That was 4 years ago. :csad:

Monsters Uni is a GOOD movie but it doesn't not resonate. The quality is there, but it does feel like a filler movie.

That's what everyone kept telling me. It's not that I avoided it, I just didn't have the time to see it.

They've been slipping lately, especially with the whole "sequel every year" they have in mind. It reeks of Disney budding in, it's just not their style. It's not too late to get back on track but it could be the beginning of a downfall.

The problem with the sequel every year is that some of their titles that can't have sequels (I can't see 'Up' having a sequel) so the well will run dry. Also, the turnover rate will be high on the amount of original movies that they can pump out then 'sequalize' them. So it won't be a consistent thing unlike the Dreamworks model. Even they, making sequel after sequel, are struggling after 'Dragons 2' and the so-so business with Sherman and Peabody.

The reality is that, I think the public want new, fresh content, even if they consciously don't acknowledge it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"