The Winter Soldier Favourite quotes of captain America: winter soldier

He essentially took the words right out of my mouth if I ever was given the chance to help Cap out.

That's why I dug that bit with the computer tech so much. Only a corrupt evil ******* wouldn't risk his own skin to do the right thing at that point.

Christ I loved this movie so damn much.

Just because this hasn't been mentioned for a few posts...

On your left

That's why I dug that bit with the computer tech so much. Only a corrupt evil ******* wouldn't risk his own skin to do the right thing at that point.

Christ I loved this movie so damn much.

Not really...self preservation is one of our most basic natural instincts..Not wanting to die doesn''t make you evil... Hell look at Fitz in the last episode of Agents of Shield

Get that real world nonsense out of here. When Captain America asks you to do something you do it! :argh:

Not really...self preservation is one of our most basic natural instincts..Not wanting to die doesn''t make you evil... Hell look at Fitz in the last episode of Agents of Shield

What did Fitz do that was unheroic?

What did Fitz do that was unheroic?
He hid under a desk while the fighting was going on. The only heroic thing he did was slide a gun/weapon over to a teammate so they could take out one of Garrett's goons.

"Looks like you're giving the orders now, Captain."

I still love Widow's "You want to play a game?". I don't know why, but it gets me everytime.

It was great to see widow has such a good sense of humour.

I just love that "sorry, did I ruin your moment" line

6. Shall we play a game?

5. Did you write that down first, or was it off the top of your head?

4. That's not the word I would use.

3. Before we get started, does anyone want to get out?

2. I couldn't leave my best girl.

1. I'm with you 'til the end of the line.

"Your work has been a gift to mankind. You shaped the century. And I need you to do it one more time"

"Captain, in order to build a better world, sometimes means tearing the old one down, and that makes enemies."

"Oh Renata, I really wish that you'd have knocked."

"I only act like I know everything."

"Can any of you boys direct me to the Smithsonian, I'm here to pick up a fossil."

"Bye Bye Bikinis. Yeah, I bet you look terrible in them now."

"It's not an world of spies doctor, not even a world of heroes. It is the age of miracles, and I can't think of anything more horrific than a miracle."

"HYDRA, SHIELD. Two sides of the same coin that is no longer currency."

"Am I the first girl that you've kissed since 1945?"

"I can bring order to the lives of 7 billion people, by sacrificing 20 million. It takes courage to do that.

"Are you ready for the world to see you for who you really are?"

"You want to play a game?"

Wow, there's a lot of Black Widow and Robert Redford quotes that I love in this movie.

Gosh, a lot of people have already said a lot of my favorites. Some that I don't think have been mentioned yet

(On the Lumerian Star)
Cap: What are you doing?
Widow: Backing up the hard drive, it's a good habit to get into.

Cap: You just jeopordized this whole operation.
Widow: I think that's overstating things
--Batroc gets up and tosses a grenade, room explodes--
Widow: Okay, that one's on me.
Cap: You're damn right.

I can't remember the exact line, but it's on the causeway/bridge, Winter Soldier tells his goons something along the lines of:
"I've got her. Find him."
For such a simple line, the way it's said, and in Russian (I think?) I just.....love it *lol* (that and his badass walk after he jumps off the bridge and walks down the hood of the car he just landed on)

Winter Soldier: But I knew him.
(that line is best with the look on his face after he says it that second time. He knows he should *not* be saying this to Pierce/that it's only going to result in pain for him...and sure enough)

Ezekiel 25:17. "The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men.

Do expressions count? My fave moment of the whole movie was the look Bucky gives Steve right after Steve says the "end of the line" line. Nobody does an expression of wide-eyed shock quite like Sebastian Stan. :) Steve's words rocked the poor guy right to his core.

Do expressions count? My fave moment of the whole movie was the look Bucky gives Steve right after Steve says the "end of the line" line. Nobody does an expression of wide-eyed shock quite like Sebastian Stan. :) Steve's words rocked the poor guy right to his core.
IMO, I think for Winter Soldier, at least, expressions have to count since the poor guy doesn't get to say that much. I mean he has the line in Russian on the causeway, the "who the hell is Bucky?", about 3 lines during his 'repair' scene, and then the "You're my mission" (which he says twice, once clearly, the second time accuating it with each punch to Steve's face) - other than that it's grunting and yelling during his final fight with Steve. That's like 6 lines in the entire movie and all of them pretty short lines (so his CBR interview comment of "I'm finally in a silent film!" is kind of true :funny:) And he DOES have some great expressions. The one you said, the one after he tells Pierce the 2nd time "But I knew him" and everything that follows that line. Earlier in the film him being much more stoic/focused worked because he was still essentially the mindless assassin. But once those memories start jostling loose....Sebastian Stan just rocked everything he did in this movie.

"There's something we left there, something we brought it home, whether its in a big briefcase, or a little man purse...It's up to us"

really got me on this quote that we should not dwell on our past, or regret.

Last edited:
IMO, I think for Winter Soldier, at least, expressions have to count since the poor guy doesn't get to say that much. I mean he has the line in Russian on the causeway, the "who the hell is Bucky?", about 3 lines during his 'repair' scene, and then the "You're my mission" (which he says twice, once clearly, the second time accuating it with each punch to Steve's face) - other than that it's grunting and yelling during his final fight with Steve. That's like 6 lines in the entire movie and all of them pretty short lines (so his CBR interview comment of "I'm finally in a silent film!" is kind of true :funny:) And he DOES have some great expressions. The one you said, the one after he tells Pierce the 2nd time "But I knew him" and everything that follows that line. Earlier in the film him being much more stoic/focused worked because he was still essentially the mindless assassin. But once those memories start jostling loose....Sebastian Stan just rocked everything he did in this movie.

Absolutely. I'd love to see a WS solo, if only to see what Stan could do with the character given more material.
'Who the hell is Bucky?' My favourite line.

Can't make up my mind which is funnier, "shut to hell up," or Rumlow's "Are you ready for yours?"

Last edited:
"Believe it or not, it's kinda hard to find someone with shared life experiences.""Oh that's all right, just make something up.""What, like you?""I don't know, the truth is a matter of circumstances. It's not all things to all people all the time, and neither am I.""That's a tough way to live.""It's a good way not to die though."
-Black Widow (to Steve)

"I'm sorry, did I step on your moment?"
-Black Widow (to Pierce)

Scarlett Johansson is such a fantastic Black Widow, she really understands how to play the character.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"