Iron Man 2 Favreau Interview! Iron Man 2, And OTHER Goodies!

Good news all around. Here's hoping we hear good things about IM2 and Thor at comic-con.

This interview shows me that Favs doing Avengers is probably not in the cards.

This interview shows me that Favs doing Avengers is probably not in the cards.

No, but it sounds like he will be involved with the other films at least on some sort of production level, keeping his main focus on IM2, which i think is a good idea.

Nice interview, so it looks like they're gonna stick with the 2010 release date. Can't wait to see what he's going to do with IM2.

No Thor cameo in IM2.... praise the Lord...

Shoot, it's a video... can anyone sum this up for me? And this is recent, right? This lays to rest those horrible rumors that Favreau won't be back because he's not being paid enough?

0 origin story, 200% more kickass MKIII Gulmira style.

No, but it sounds like he will be involved with the other films at least on some sort of production level, keeping his main focus on IM2, which i think is a good idea.

I think that is the way to go. All these directors need to have some voice in Avengers and hints in other character's movies.

Wonder who is going to end up doing Avengers, though.

Favreau is doing a really great job with IM and he knows the cast and crew, it´s best he focus in it.

That was an interesting piece...Favreau is no fool, that's for sure. I think Thor can make a brief cameo, but right now Marvel needs to keep IM going....going....going. Marvel needs to sitdown with the cadre of directors, and plot out the entire run...GET ONE VISION (and I don't mean the character!)...make the stories mesh...this is an opportunity to leverage properties just like Fans have been wishing for for years...TW hasn't don't a darn thing with DC's IP...Marvel should take note...Get a director for each project, and get it moving...Move Avenger to 2012, and get another film in 2011...maybe Black Widow with Jolie (sorry, I couldn't resist). I think Favreau is the man for Avengers...please don't screw it up Marvel.

They should move the date for IM2 to mid July... July 9thish or 16thish if there is no movement on MOS. I think post-production could use an extra couple of months. Depends on what WB does. Otherwise there will be too many comic cook films stacked in just over a month. 2011 is out of the cards at this point, and I think Avengers needs a 2011 or else I don't think Norton will come back if they wait any longer. The positive thing to realize is... the sooner Avengers is out... the more likely it is we get IM3, TIH2 while the actors are still in their primes.

I'm really happy to hear Favreau talk about IM2, he seems to still be passionate about the franchise and I agree with what's been said, he should concentate on Iron Man and let someone else direct Avengers, obviuosly let Favreau and the other directers of Thor, Ant Man and Thor have a hand in the film, as they know how their characters will need to be threated.

They should move the date for IM2 to mid July... July 9thish or 16thish if there is no movement on MOS. I think post-production could use an extra couple of months. Depends on what WB does. Otherwise there will be too many comic cook films stacked in just over a month. 2011 is out of the cards at this point, and I think Avengers needs a 2011 or else I don't think Norton will come back if they wait any longer. The positive thing to realize is... the sooner Avengers is out... the more likely it is we get IM3, TIH2 while the actors are still in their primes.

Please, the last thing Marvel needs to do is worry about the release date for MOS. Singer's Superman has become a joke. IM2 and MOS could come out the same day and IM2 would trounce it 3 to 1, minimal.

Please, the last thing Marvel needs to do is worry about the release date for MOS. Singer's Superman has become a joke. IM2 and MOS could come out the same day and IM2 would trounce it 3 to 1, minimal.

Agreed. We've seen with The Incredible Hulk's struggling box office that the mainstream audience is not too forgiving. I doubt they'll be any MORE forgiving with the next Superman movie.

Hell, i almost wish the wb WOULD be stupid enough to put MOS up against Iron Man 2...THEN we'd see who the REAL Man Of Steel was. :word: :im:

Yeah but why not keep the comic book spacing similar to what we have this year? 2008 is a bit crowded if you are counting Hellboy 2 and Wanted but I really don't see those as major comic book films. I doubt the public even knows they are based off comics. I'd just prefer we leave one major Marvel/DC film per month. I don't want two in the same month. IM2 in May, Thor in June, Superman in July... if Superman isn't in there then IM2 should take that mid July. I think the former will happen because I think the two Marvel one DC film per summer is a good format to keep at least for now or at least until 2011 when we will be seeing 3-4 Marvel films a summer. At that point it will be an all out war and I won't blame studios for stacking. But we are not at that point yet and for the record I hope we never do get to that point because that will be the beginning of the end of the genre.

Yeah but why not keep the comic book spacing similar to what we have this year? 2008 is a bit crowded if you are counting Hellboy 2 and Wanted but I really don't see those as major comic book films. I doubt the public even knows they are based off comics. I'd just prefer we leave one major Marvel/DC film per month. I don't want two in the same month. IM2 in May, Thor in June, Superman in July....

Yeah, in reality, that's probably how it will go.

I think the former will happen because I think the two Marvel one DC film per summer is a good format to keep at least for now or at least until 2011 when we will be seeing 3-4 Marvel films a summer. At that point it will be an all out war and I won't blame studios for stacking. But we are not at that point yet and for the record I hope we never do get to that point because that will be the beginning of the end of the genre.

The over saturation of the market with superhero films is definitely a concern. And if it happens, you can definitely blame Marvel on that. I mean, do we really need an Ant-Man movie? :huh: Then you have the exact opposite from WB where the only live action superhero movies they release is Batman and Superman. And who knows what's the deal with Superman now.

Well Marvel is only doing two films a year... still a lot... but that doesn't mean they have to do superhero films... I mean with their smaller characters (other than Ant-Man) they can sell a lot of characters as normal people for the most part as long as they ground it to reality. The problem is with this other studios that Marvel already distributed out to. There is no telling what Sony and Fox are going to do with their properties over the next six years. I think we can sort of work in a 3 man rotation... where Sony, Fox, and Marvel can dominate the box office once every three years with BIG Marvel propery. Right now I think 2011 is too soon for Sony since SM4 needs a big overhaul... I am thinking you just let Cap and Avengers be the only BIG Marvel films for 2011... 2012 can go to SM4 while Marvel does only ONE BIG film the same year. Then X-Men 4/X-Men spinoff in 2013 and another Marvel studios film. That way Marvel doesn't exceed two blockbuster films in one summer year.

Well Marvel is only doing two films a year... still a lot... but that doesn't mean they have to do superhero films... I mean with their smaller characters (other than Ant-Man) they can sell a lot of characters as normal people for the most part as long as they ground it to reality. The problem is with this other studios that Marvel already distributed out to. There is no telling what Sony and Fox are going to do with their properties over the next six years. I think we can sort of work in a 3 man rotation... where Sony, Fox, and Marvel can dominate the box office once every three years with BIG Marvel propery. Right now I think 2011 is too soon for Sony since SM4 needs a big overhaul... I am thinking you just let Cap and Avengers be the only BIG Marvel films for 2011... 2012 can go to SM4 while Marvel does only ONE BIG film the same year. Then X-Men 4/X-Men spinoff in 2013 and another Marvel studios film. That way Marvel doesn't exceed two blockbuster films in one summer year.

Yeah, but that would make a five year wait in between Spidey films, and i seriously doubt Sony is going to let all that potential cash flow linger that long...

And honestly; an overhaul? I have to disagree with you there. SM3 made more bank than any of the other two Spidey films...hell, more than any other comic film to date. You really think Sony is going to mess with their formula? Because a few fanboys on the internet are crying about Venom not getting enough screen time?

Not gonna happen. All Sony is looking at is box office receipts, i guarantee you that.

Yeah, the problem with some potential movies is what the total package brings...Marvel can launch stuff like Wanted, but what's the flipside? DVDs, TV Rights, but no toys, no games, and greater risk. Looking at something like TIH, Marvel is going to bank major, like they did for The Hulk, so it becomes a tricky balance. I think 300 and Wanted will probably put Marvel in a frame or mind and provide a reference point to look at something that's not traditional comic book fare.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"