Iron Man 2 Gary Oldman Doesn't Join Iron Man 2

Gary Oldman forever..in any role, at any time! :up:

even a female role? :hehe:

Jon Favreau: A little bit. FANTASTIC FOUR did it in a different way. That was… that made us… we definitely want to do our own version of it. But a lot of our time is spent steering clear of DARK KNIGHT and that franchise. Tonally, casting wise, the way we present the action. Because there’s so many similarities at the core, and now that we were both very successful movies this summer it’s going to be… there’s always going to be the Coke and Pepsi argument going back and forth.

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/38906

Thanks Retro. I would be pretty surprised if this turned out to be true considering how conscious Favs has been in making sure there is a clear separation between the two franchises.

This could seriously just be Hilary Swank all over again.

Cool by me, if he really is in the flick.

Don't really see what's the problem with actors being in different superhero movies.

yeah, not everyone's Rothman

I hope he actually has a role in this.

Gary Oldman > everything else.

wait.. it's not confirmed ?

^Only that he was on the set.

^ahhh ok, thanks. I just read a title at slashfilm, not the entire article.

Only if you count, "being spotted on the set", as confirmation. A photo has not even surfaced if him being on the set. And there definitely has been no official confirmation from anyone involved with the production.

Not saying that he is not in the film, it's possible, but all we have to go on at this point is this one report of him being spotted.

Edit: kedrell beat me to it. :yay:

Wait. I thought Tim Robbins was playing Howard Stark?

Take it for what its worth :woot:

From the frontpage comments section:

Posted by: Douglas Urbanski on April 8, 2009 at 11:18:44

I am Gary Oldman's manager.

Mr. Oldman did not visit the set of Iron Man and there are currently no plans for him to appear in the film.

many thanks,

Douglas Urbanski

Posted by: Superhero Hype! on April 8, 2009 at 11:27:08

Hey Douglas,

Can you e-mail us via the contact page?

Thanks.

Posted by: Douglas Urbanski on April 8, 2009 at 11:18:44

I am Gary Oldman's manager.

Mr. Oldman did not visit the set of Iron Man and there are currently no plans for him to appear in the film.

many thanks,

Douglas Urbanski

Sad :csad:.

^I don't know how valid that is to be honest. Could be someone posing as his manager or it really could be him. Hopefully this gets cleared up soon.

Hmmm, looks like there was something to that comment:

UPDATE: Gary Oldman in Iron Man 2?
Source:IESB
April 8, 2009

According to IESB, The Dark Knight star Gary Oldman was spotted on the set of Iron Man 2. Does that confirm he has a role in the movie? We don't know.

Jon Favreau started filming the sequel on Monday for a May 7, 2010 release. It stars Robert Downey Jr., Gwyneth Paltrow, Don Cheadle, Jon Favreau, Mickey Rourke, Sam Rockwell, Samuel L. Jackson, Scarlett Johansson, Garry Shandling and John Slattery.

UPDATE: Gary Oldman's manager, Douglas Urbanski, posted the following in our comments:

"Mr. Oldman did not visit the set of Iron Man and there are currently no plans for him to appear in the film."
http://www.superherohype.com/news/ironmannews.php?id=8229

Weird to see Mr. Oldman's manager on SHH! , think he would have better things to do then check internet sites, if true, that's cool, funny how rumors spread like wildfire on the net with little substance than an "eye witness", witness probably saw the caterer and he looked like Oldman and thought, "hey that must be him."

^LOL, agreed, all of this has been a little weird and suspect. I was a bit skeptical from the beginning. Not to mention, he is currently working on a film that is filming in New Mexico.

what nickname did he use? Mr Oldman's Manager ?

[A];16725652 said:
what nickname did he use? Mr Oldman's Manager ?

Actually he used his real name Douglas Urbanski.

As awesome as Gary Oldman is, I'm glad this is just a rumor, and he's not being brought in to play Howard Stark. It would be a shame to see John Slattery bumped out of the role for Oldman, as Slattery is a great, highly underrated actor in his own right.

I got so excited over this news until I kept on reading where it confirmed it only as rumour.

Even a small cameo with Oldman would be cool though.

Wonder who he could play though?

But if he was still in the film, goddamn it, you know how much my excitement for this film would go up, as if I'm not already excited enough for this film.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"