Iron Man 2 Favreau Interview! Iron Man 2, And OTHER Goodies!

(To Cpt. Stacy): Well I consider a new cast and new director an overhaul... so I have to disagree there... SM4 would have been so much better for 2010... why Sony didn't fast track the sequel is beyond me... there is no way all those films are coming out in 2011. Someone has to move. That's all I'll say to that.

Yeah, the problem with some potential movies is what the total package brings...Marvel can launch stuff like Wanted, but what's the flipside? DVDs, TV Rights, but no toys, no games, and greater risk. Looking at something like TIH, Marvel is going to bank major, like they did for The Hulk, so it becomes a tricky balance. I think 300 and Wanted will probably put Marvel in a frame or mind and provide a reference point to look at something that's not traditional comic book fare.

Well Marvel is not going to have the budget to fund two tentpoles every summer. That's not realistic. The realistic approach... is that after 2011... or maybe even by 2011... you switch to the one tentpole, one smaller budget film per year format. If they need to make up the numbers, you go back to the two tentpoles a year but you only do that once every three years as I stated above. You can't expect Hulk, Thor, IM, Cap, Avengers movies... every year... let alone two of those films every year. Eventually someone is going to flop that's all there is too it.

He seemed confident that he'd be back.

If he's confident, I'm confident.

He did throw out a December 2010 date. While Marvel said what, 4/30/10?

Well Marvel is not going to have the budget to fund two tentpoles every summer. That's not realistic. The realistic approach... is that after 2011... or maybe even by 2011... you switch to the one tentpole, one smaller budget film per year format. If they need to make up the numbers, you go back to the two tentpoles a year but you only do that once every three years as I stated above. You can't expect Hulk, Thor, IM, Cap, Avengers movies... every year... let alone two of those films every year. Eventually someone is going to flop that's all there is too it.

Marvel has a lot of non-Avenger related properties to tap also. Dr. Strange being one in particular I see being potentially very profitable. Though I agree that smaller films like Heroes For Hire and even Ant-Man (no way that should cost 150 mil IMO) could serve Marvel well as being very bankable, and less costly.

hey, I couldn't hear the video....

could anyone pls sum up what Favreau said about IM2? thanks.

Favreau said he's working things out with Marvel, and sounds pretty positive about coming back to do the sequel. Says its open to going a little darker and edgier with sequels, but he since he has 3 kids under 7 he still wants to make movies that his kids can go see, since he thinks Hellboy 2 and Dark Knight might freak his kids out, and he would need to see them first.

He also echoed some of what was said by Kevin Feige, saying a lot of the long "tedious" work done to set up the first movie is done and they won't have to work on that for the sequel.

I hope they let him comes back for the sequel it would be so dumb not to.

I like the little conversation they had about The Dark Knight, but I'm looking forward to Iron Man 2. I'm glad Jon has the story already in his head and is excited to get started.

Will the death of Stan Winston affect the custom of IM2?

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"