Few questions about live...

Horrorfan

Superhero
Reaction score
So I am thinking about taking the plunge and getting broadband and 360 online and live, but I have a few questions....sorry if they are really obvious or stupid, but I'm a technical n00b.

One thing I would like to do is download the backwards compatible software for some games like Halo and Halo 2 so I can play on live (I can't use my original X Box since I had it chipped to play Stubbs the Zombie and Land of the Dead on import). How easy is it? What steps do I have to take?

Since I am in the UK, does anyone know if the market place is basically the same, or does each country have it's own place?

Can I go onto other websites on x box other than market place?

How easy is it to download movies, demos and stuff from market place? Do you have to pay?

Can I play people from the US? Like if I wanted to play with any of you guys for example?

Thats about it for now, any help would be appriciated :up:

1- You need the HDD to have Backwards compatability.

2- The marketplace changes for each region. They are all basically the same although the US Marketplace seems to get a few things a few days before the other markets.

3- No. X360 will only connect to the marketplace. M$ might be bringing a web browser to the console in the future (if SONY has a web browser you can bet M$ will offer one)

4- Very easy. You have to pay for full games and most game updates. Demos, trailers and some game update material is free however.

5- You can play people from all around the world. If you want to play a specific person, just add them to your friends list then send a game invite.

Mentok said:
1- You need the HDD to have Backwards compatability.

2- The marketplace changes for each region. They are all basically the same although the US Marketplace seems to get a few things a few days before the other markets.

3- No. X360 will only connect to the marketplace. M$ might be bringing a web browser to the console in the future (if SONY has a web browser you can bet M$ will offer one)

4- Very easy. You have to pay for full games and most game updates. Demos, trailers and some game update material is free however.

5- You can play people from all around the world. If you want to play a specific person, just add them to your friends list then send a game invite.

HDD is the thing on top of the x box with the premium package right? LOL I sound like such a noob- I just suck at technical stuff :D

I definitly want to get it sometime- Mentok and Gammy, you two are definitly gonna go on my friends list :up:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"