Runaways Fifteen | Runaways' fourth episode

Reaction score
Original Streaming Date: November 28, 2017

The parents try to find a solution to PRIDE’s problem, and the kids grapple with a new discovery that yields more questions than answers.

It's great so far.
I liked the little fight between Molly and Old Lace.
The Yorkes seems like the nicest parents so far.

Old Lace looked great in this, especially the shots where you see the puppet but with CGI eyes and tongue.

I thought this was quite slow. I liked it though when they show comicbooky stuff.

It was a solid episode 7.5/10 for me. It had a lot of suspense.

It's great so far.
I liked the little fight between Molly and Old Lace.
The Yorkes seems like the nicest parents so far.

I wonder if the Yorkes are too nice. That being said, I like that the details are building piece by piece and the Yorkes talking to Gert and Molly is a realistic thing. They aren't giving away the Pride, but it is building enough details to put with everything else.

I guess the two big questions are these:
Does everyone agree Tina Minoru killed Amy?
What do people think was happening with the scene with Karolina's mom? That was probably the most disturbing scene so far.

At first, I thought the guy in the bed was her father... but after that scene, I really hope it isn't.

The drama between the adults is very nice. Each episode is filled with great character beats here and there and I love fleshing each relationship out.

Theory about what happens to the girl that disappears from Mr. Stein's van
The kids (or some subset of them) go back in time at some point and it is they who rescue the random girl from the back of Mr. Stein's van. They are probably responsible for a few things throughout the series.

At first, I thought the guy in the bed was her father... but after that scene, I really hope it isn't.

I thought the same too because the scene prior seemed to focus on that family picture.

Theory about what happens to the girl that disappears from Mr. Stein's van
The kids (or some subset of them) go back in time at some point and it is they who rescue the random girl from the back of Mr. Stein's van. They are probably responsible for a few things throughout the series.

Maybe, although I thought the implication was that he was having some sort of psychotic break.

As can be seen by my posts, the first 3 episodes I've been feeling pretty positive about the series. After seeing episode 4, I think things are still progressing nicely and next weeks episode seems to have some action.

That being said, I think the show kind of hinges on how things deliver in the future episodes playing off what we have so far. This episode was pretty good but perhaps had a few mid-season narrative vibes I'm sort of starting to sense and not really liking it but can't really put my finger on it. I watched the preview for next weeks episode and I think how things play out with this will be telling (just hope it's not a b-subplot to get out of the way with then act as if nothing has changed as would be frustrating).

As for what didn't really care for (nothing major so far):
-The visit L.A. commercials while at first appealing are starting to wear on me playing over and over each commercial break. I get it already. lol

Maybe, although I thought the implication was that he was having some sort of psychotic break.

Yeah, that was my take as well. Or possibly something weird involving phlebotinum, that has most of the properties of a psychotic break.

This was moving along a bit more than previous episodes and they're starting to discover their powers more. Still taking too long for them though.

I can't remember now. Is this a weekly series or has it all been released in one go. I've only just caught up to episode 4. At least there's more action than the Punisher, which is really slow. And AOS this season is rather dull.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"