Runaways Hostile | Runaways | EP10

Reaction score
Original Streaming Date: January 9, 2018

The Runaways face off with their parents. But when Jonah arrives unexpectedly with a new game plan, the kids realize they are in over their heads.

The cast are great they have nice chemistry, but the pacing is bad and the continued mystery is hurting the show.

Seriously who the **** is Jonah? What's his purpose? Is he an alien, an demon? They should have answered that in the finale at least.

There finale didn't leave me with enough to be excited for season 2.

I really liked this episode. That being said, I feel a little cheated. Basically, they tease an ending creating the show I wanted to hook me for next season after giving me something different this season. That being said, it's somewhat mitigated for a few reasons.

One, the cast is great. I enjoy every character. If it wasn't for them, this would be a much weaker show.

Second, I actually expected it to end this way, so it softens the blow. I thought for a little while they would end with them running away. On the other hand, it felt a bit sudden.

We sort of have the dynamic of the comics with a more clearly established threat and stronger interpersonal dynamics. The parent dynamic is very different. Someone sent Jonah a message after Karolina escaped, right? I can't quite remember that. I think the biggest problem with pacing is there are some nice clues being dropped, but I'm not watching every episode again to see if I missed them. But the idea of there being a betrayer among the parents is interesting.

This show was just disappointing to me. I really felt like they held back a lot and it felt like a long tease for what's to come. I wouldn't be surprised if season two is just like this one.

I assumed that the person who sent Jonah the message was that Vaughn kid or whatever...the kid who helped Karolina escape. My thought was that Jonah had the convoluted plan to let her escape so he would know whether or not the parents were still on his side...and now he knows they aren't...but he has Karolina's Earth dad on his side.

Really...the drama of backstabbing/side changing and ever twisting motivations/plans is getting really boring. GIVE US ANSWERS. The scene of Karolina with her dad REALLY should have been the expository scene that explained everything...but nope. I don't even understand why Jonah hasn't killed most of the adults anyway, as most of them seem to serve no purpose any longer (and, of course...we are given no answers about the fate of Chase's dad (which...I fear the idea of the MCU bringing yet another person back from the dead...cheapening the concept of death to bring back minor characters)

This was a fail episode...and I'm stunned that it was the season finale. The "you guys run away and leave me to fight alone...then you guys will have to come save me" storyline (so basically, the entire episode) was just bad...awful. The Karolina is gone, YAY we got her back...Old Lace had to be left behind, YAY she's back...and (to a lesser extent) Alex is gone and maybe betrayed us, ok he's back again...all started and ended in this episode...as if that allowed for ANY emotional build.

They need to tighten things up for season 2. There were some good things about this show...it was nowhere near as bad as Inhumans or Iron Fist...but there is plenty of room for improvement.

This show kinda finished me. Between the teasing out of every storyline, some which are quite cliche, and the avoidance of the best storylines from the comic, I just can't.

If they wanted to do a Pride show, they should have just done a Pride show.

Obviously in the minority here, but I loved this show and I cannot wait for Season 2.

It does feel more like a Pride show at times. I read before that Jonah would help the kids to runaway so maybe he did indirectly?

I thought finally Karolina would get her flip flops but not even a nod to that. Chase seemed to get a jacket a bit more like the comic.

Also is Nico not going to have her staff since her mother snatched it away from her in the battle?

Last edited:
They definitely saved their CGI budget up for the finale. Maybe in season two they'll film somewhere cheaper and do some actual superhero'y stuff.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Otewe2001
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"