Filming in Cleveland?

Spider Boy

Homie G Dawg
Reaction score
source: http://whatihadforbreakfast.blogspot.com/2006/02/job-interview.html

"I have an interview today for Spider-Man 3. A couple of people have already given me recommendations, but we'll see what happens. I still have to hear the details of the job before I'm even sure I'll want it. I'd really like to get on something this big, just to see what's it's like. But I'm not going to take on something that'll just make me miserable. And I have to find out if there's any location work...JT mentioned New York and/or Cleveland. Don't know what's up with Cleveland, but that's movie making for you."

Hmm... since when has Cleveland been mentioned for filming? Has anyone else heard anything about this? I hope it's true... (I'm heading in that direction soon :p) Obviously "extras" are being needed there... perhaps some principle actors will be called to Cleveland as well.

Cleveland Ohio?? Wow...I might actually get to see some filming??

Cool find Spider Boy. :up:
My guess is that this is going to be a 2nd unit shoot. Any eyecatching buildings in Cleveland?

Here is Downtown Cleveland. I live in Columbus Ohio but have never been in the Cleveland area.

Cleveland_Downtown_night.jpg

Cleveland_Downtown_air.gif

RedIsNotBlue said:
Here is Downtown Cleveland. I live in Columbus Ohio but have never been in the Cleveland area.

ehh, its no New York:o

They might shoot a specific area of Cleveland that has something NY doesn't. Similar to the way they shot Spidey 2 scenes in Chicago, because it has elevated trains that run through the city, which NY doesn't.

Well if the details ever come out and someone posts them on here I will try to check it out and get pictures for you all...maybe even some footage.

RedIsNotBlue said:
Well if the details ever come out and someone posts them on here I will try to check it out and get pictures for you all...maybe even some footage.

thanks RedIsNotBlue, i think i can speak for everyone when i say that i appreciate what you do for us fellow spidey fans :up: :)

RedIsNotBlue said:

Nice city. Thanks for the pics.:up:

RedIsNotBlue said:
:)

Oh, the white curved building in the front is new. It's the new Justice Center.

Why would they use Cleveland? They have enough money to film in New York.

I guess cleveland has something that New York doesn't. Maybe it's a landmarkish thing that could become a sort of building used in an action scene or just a basic locale, like the RockinRole Hall of Fame or Terminal Tower or something. Who knows. I can't think of too many exciting things here. (I live in the greater cleveland area).

JanG said:
I guess cleveland has something that New York doesn't. Maybe it's a landmarkish thing that could become a sort of building used in an action scene or just a basic locale, like the RockinRole Hall of Fame or Terminal Tower or something. Who knows. I can't think of too many exciting things here. (I live in the greater cleveland area).

what could cleveland have that New York doesn't? New York has tons of awesome landmarks that they can used, more things then cleveland, not to knock cleveland. Lordofthenerds is right, they have enough money to film in New York. it just doesn't make sense. with each villian, you can have spidey fight them at different landmarks. i think they should use at least 2 landmarks from the city.(New York that is)

Why would a payroll person (as her website says she is) need to go on location? In this age of direct deposit and electronic banking it seems strange?

Sean Adisano said:
thanks RedIsNotBlue, i think i can speak for everyone when i say that i appreciate what you do for us fellow spidey fans :up: :)

Well like I said it all depends. If some of the cast is going to film there I will defintely be there. But if its just a crew filming some scenes that are going to be later on CGIed then I gotta pass.

RedIsNotBlue said:
Well like I said it all depends. If some of the cast is going to film there I will defintely be there. But if its just a crew filming some scenes that are going to be later on CGIed then I gotta pass.

hey, you got to do what you go to do. just trying to say it's appreciated one way or the other :up:

lordofthenerds said:
Why would they use Cleveland? They have enough money to film in New York.
But they are going to NY to shoot in May, so.....

What do you make of this Cleveland shoot Retro?

spiffy, I live near Cleveland, Ohio

SIGH... And I thought Cincinnati was close... *becomes jealous of RedIsNotBlue*

It's absolutely not true that New York City has "everything". New York City only has what New York City has, hence the reason why some scenes in Spiderman 2 were shot in Chicago. Cleveland has a few unique buildings that New York doesn't, and perhaps one of the buildings or landscapes has the right look for a particular scene.

Although it's a must that they will include landmarks from New York city galore, to drive the point home that it's supposed to be New York City.

Well, I live about 3-4 hours south of Cleveland, but I know I won't be able to catch them filming, and that makes me angry. (You wouldn;t like me when I'm angry....")

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"