Final Fantasy 7: Advent Children

Gambit_Fan

Sidekick
Reaction score
These are the guidelines for the official release date:
PSP:June 2005
DVD/VHS:August 12th (US) End Of August (World)

Cool, thanks for the info, i may well pick this baby up.

Just out of interest, is anyone actually going to pick up the PSP version of this? Does anyone see the point of releasing it (or anything for that matter) in this format?

Man, Thats 7 months away!I will get it when it's released still.Well I will rent it first, I learned my lesson with the Spirits Within.

sweet any one know what characters actully appear, hopes for an aeris flashback

the_ultimate_evil said:
sweet any one know what characters actully appear, hopes for an aeris flashback

There is an aeries flashback, with cloud remebering her burial

The characters that i know of
Cloud
Tifa
Barret
Marlene
Vincet
Red XIII
Cid
Bahamut
Sephiroth
Yazoo
Loz
Kadja (these three guys are the bad guys)
Rude
Reno
Denzel(Marlenes friend)
Yuffie
Zack
WheelChair Man(this man is a guy sitting in a wheelchair, so far we have no informationwho this man is, as he is covered in a white robe.However many people think it is Rufus or Sephiroth)

For further information go to Advent Children

Why the hell is Square releasing this direct-to-video?? The game and the characters are extremely popular and the animation looks just as good as the horrid Spirits Witith, I could see a profit in a limited theathrical release.

Skaigear2 said:
Why the hell is Square releasing this direct-to-video?? The game and the characters are extremely popular and the animation looks just as good as the horrid Spirits Witith, I could see a profit in a limited theathrical release.

Not sure, maybe it has something to do with how short the movie is. I know I would have seen it in theaters though.

WallCrawl said:
Not sure, maybe it has something to do with how short the movie is. I know I would have seen it in theaters though.

I dont think that it is anything to do with the length of the film, as it is 1.30 hours so far. I think they may have been discouraged with how crappy TSW did, or maybe they just want to put it on DVD straight away, to avoid piracy. We may never know

I saw a long Trailer for it and it looked really awesome!

SpideyLad said:
I dont think that it is anything to do with the length of the film, as it is 1.30 hours so far. I think they may have been discouraged with how crappy TSW did, or maybe they just want to put it on DVD straight away, to avoid piracy. We may never know

I heard it was only 70-80 minutes long in length. Is it really up to 1 1/2 hours now?

Guyverjay said:
Can't wait!!!

Anybody seen Appleseed yet?

I really want to, even though it's getting pretty bad reviews. It's not playing anywhere near me though. :(

Can't wait for this movie. It sounds like it's everything that Spirits Within should have been. :):up:

Anyone know what the finalized running-time of the movie will be? I heard that at first it wouldn't be much longer than an hour, but then I heard that this might change. Anyone got the scoop?

WallCrawl said:
I really want to, even though it's getting pretty bad reviews. It's not playing anywhere near me though. :(

Meh I thought it was cool personally

Guyverjay said:
Meh I thought it was cool personally

I think the trailer was *****ing kickass, I still want to see it. A lot of the critics at rottentomatoes seemed to be unfamiliar with anime since many cited having trouble accepting the CGI main characters' faces being modelled in the traditional anime manner (big eyes, almost no nose, etc. Unrealistically disproportionate, as most cartoon faces are). I have no such qualms. What really surprized me were the reviews on an anime board I visit. A lot of people thought it wasn't great.

I still want to see it. :o

Empire gave it four out five.

You should still see it for yourself, its better than the original anime anyway:o

Guyverjay said:
Empire gave it four out five.

You should still see it for yourself, its better than the original anime anyway:o

I'm going to, but it's probably going to have to wait until it's out on DVD. I didn't like the original anime either. Thought it sucked, pretty much. The manga's supposed to be classic, though.

many top game magazines went along to an official preview of it and that was 24 minutes long and they got told it will be near 2 hours long

Gambit_Fan said:
many top game magazines went along to an official preview of it and that was 24 minutes long and they got told it will be near 2 hours long

It'd be great if it was closer to two hours. Where'd that info come from?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunStorm333
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"