RPGs to FILMS

larryfilmmaker

nerd herder
Reaction score
well, we've got FF 7: Advent Children on the way, but there's something that really bugs me. there is only 1 role playing games that i thought would make great transitions to the big screen without much change to the storylines. the first is Final Fantasy 3. this game isn't as popular with the mainstream crowd that didn't care about RPGs until they were 3D but in my opinion, Final Fantasy 3 has the most involving characters, interesting storyline, and character development of any game I have EVER played. i like some of the new FF stuff, but this one's THE Final Fantasy in my book. some day i hope to see it on the big screen

-- LARRY --

Superman, Batman, Robin, WWE wrestlers, a wizard, a hobbit, a ghost, man-eating vacuums, a nazi, and two rednecks who like to stretch the truth all together in the online film: The Eyeball Papercuts. see it here: http://www.ifilm.com/ifilmdetail/2665456

I'd settle for a remake of FF6/3. Just so the Post FF7 RPG fans can experience the best FF game.

Personally I think the only RPGs that would make good movies, that I played at least, would be the Knights of the Old Republic games, and maybe Deus Ex and Septerra Core.

This is old-school RPG, but I've always thought that Shadowrun would make a good movie.

For those who don't know, Shadowrun was a hybrid between near-future and medieval fantasy genres. Think LOTR meets Blade Runner.

oooh shadowrun would be good too. same w/ chrono trigger. i dunno, it just seems like before we had great graphics... an RPG HAD to have a good story or nobody would play it.

-- LARRY --
Superman, Batman, Robin, WWE wrestlers, a wizard, a hobbit, a ghost, man-eating vacuums, a nazi, and two rednecks who like to stretch the truth all together in the online film: The Eyeball Papercuts. see it here: http://www.ifilm.com/ifilmdetail/2665456

I know they're doing a FF7 movie, but i say do a live action FF7 movie. It would be bigger than LOTR in terms of epic feel i think.

And so everyone knows, FF7 is the best game ever... my opinion mind you :D

you could sequelize 3/6 as a movie, but not do the game itself. too big

Final Fantasy 3/6 would be a 2 parter. The first film would end when the world is "destroyed" and it fades to black and says "that day... the world was changed... forever" i can't think of a bigger goosebump end for a film

the second film would open w/ Celes stranded on the island and the death of Cid. it would follow her as she regrouped the entire group 1 year later, peaking when they search for and find Locke in the Phoenix Cave, Rachel's death, and finally, the fall of Kefka.

whoa... if nobody jumps on this and one day I've got the cash, i'll do it myself :0)

-- LARRY --
Superman, Batman, Robin, Spiderman, WWE wrestlers, a wizard, a hobbit, a ghost, man-eating vacuums, a nazi, and two rednecks who like to stretch the truth all together in the online film: The Eyeball Papercuts. see it here: http://www.ifilm.com/ifilmdetail/2665456

um, yeah, that's not gonna happen, sorry mate

now, 4/2 you could actually do the whole movie in one shot provided you dropped a bunch of stuff. Going to the moon might be a bit cheesy, though....

Shadow Hearts could translate reasonably well to a film, if some of the more extreme, random stuff was cut out.

ha, when i said i was gonna make the flick myself i was half jokin. but hey, it's what i'm doin w/ my life and i KNOW i'm good at it. how many filmmakers can say that and actually believe it or know what they're talkin about? never say never.

i think the final fantasy where they go to the moon... 2? that COULD work if the moon was kept mystical and mysterious... not just the scientific moon as we know it. also, going underground into the dwarf kingdom would be awesome. oh, and there's NO WAY in hell i'm talkin about live action. no way. it would never work.

-- LARRY --
Superman, Batman, Robin, Spiderman, WWE wrestlers, a wizard, a hobbit, a ghost, man-eating vacuums, a nazi, and two rednecks who like to stretch the truth all together in the online film: The Eyeball Papercuts. see it here: http://www.ifilm.com/ifilmdetail/2665456

Godzilla2000 said:
*snicker* How about Dungeons and Dragons? *snicker*

Try Lord of the Rings for what Dungeons and Dragons should have been.

BTW the Dragonlance Saga would make an AWESOME movie (more like series of movies.)

SuperFerret said:
BTW the Dragonlance Saga would make an AWESOME movie (more like series of movies.)

agreed :up:

SuperFerret said:
Try Lord of the Rings for what Dungeons and Dragons should have been.

Agreed.

But if they did Chronicles they would have to do Legends too.

and well they should. Legends was the better trilogy

I doubt we'll ever see any faithful RPG translated into a movie. Most are way too long, and you wouldn't believe how hard it can be to make a world like Final Fantasy and such interesting. Lord of the Rings and such were able to break through, but there is a stigma still for fantasy movies. And in case anyone forget, Final Fantasy did have a movie, but the less said, the better

It was Final Fantasy in name only. It was not based on any of the games, so really, shouldn't count

that was at the height of their techno craze, which they quickly reversed directions with. Come on, it can't be final fantasy if there're no swords in it!`

Or summons, or materia... or gill for that matter. with out these, it was not a FF movie

Baldurs Gate is screaming movie to be made, as is Neverwinter Nights.

Baldurs Gate is screaming movie to be made, as is Neverwinter Nights.

Smegger56 said:
Or summons, or materia... or gill for that matter. with out these, it was not a FF movie

materia? really? cause the first 6 FF's got along fine without em...

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"