Final Version vs. Workprint - Official Discussion

this movie has waaaay too many things to complain about... im over it... i just enjoy reading sum well thought out posts in here not to mention witty and hilarious comments replies and retorts lol

In my personal opinion, there were somethings in the leaked version that were better than the final and vise-versa.
overall I still though it was a great movie

Agreed wit you up until that "Great" movie comment.. lol nah but imo it was so so.. glad sumbody thought it was great lol

No differences between leaked and final version. Final version isnt longer.

How could anyone have possibly OK'd that Friedman review? :wow:

Well, I was bad and when someone offered me a copy of the workprint I accepted. Way I figure it, I paid to see this three times and I'm buyin' the DVD so, whatever. I noticed no difference in screen time, no missing scenes, a few dialog changes, unfinished CGI. What I did find hilarious was how this had the X3 end credits on it. It caught me by surprise when Anna Paquin's name came up and then Ben Foster and all that... :p I do hope that they give us good goodies with the DVD to encourage sales because this was 90% done or better, not much to complain about as being different, you know?

Roger Friedman has filed a lawsuit regarding his firing after reviewing the leaked version of Wolverine:

http://www.latimes.com/business/la-fi-ct-foxnews1-2009jul01,0,4893386.story

Fired columnist Roger Friedman sues News Corp.

The Fox News columnist was fired after reviewing a pirated copy of 'X-Men Origins: Wolverine.' He claims Rupert Murdoch was trying to cover his own inadvertent leak of the movie.

By Joe Flint
July 1, 2009

Gossip columnist Roger Friedman wants more than $5 million in lost wages and damages from Rupert Murdoch's News Corp. for firing him after he reviewed the company's "X-Men Origins: Wolverine" based on a pirated copy of the movie.

In a lawsuit filed Monday in New York State Supreme Court, Friedman says he was illegally fired from his $250,000-a-year job as a columnist and contributor to Fox News. He reiterated his allegation that the copy of "X-Men Origins: Wolverine" he viewed online was the same copy that had been given to Murdoch, chairman of News Corp.

Friedman claims that Murdoch inadvertently allowed his own copy of "Wolverine" to be pirated -- and had Friedman fired to cover it up.

The suit gives Friedman's take on the events of early April that led to his dismissal.

Friedman said he viewed "Wolverine" online, wrote a column about it, then sent an e-mail to a Fox News lawyer about watching the film online and didn't get a response.

The article went up on the Fox News website April 2, but less than 48 hours later it was taken down.

Friedman said that when he went to his editor, Refet Kaplan, to ask why the review was removed, Kaplan replied, "Rupert Murdoch ordered it taken down."

Nonetheless, he said, Kaplan told him he had spoken to Fox News chief Roger Ailes and that there was nothing to worry about.

But on April 4, according to the suit, Kaplan told Friedman, "Ailes has got to get with Murdoch."

Later that day, Friedman was fired and both News Corp. and 20th Century Fox issued critical statements about Friedman and piracy. The News Corp.-owned studio called Friedman's behavior "reprehensible."

Inside Fox News, Friedman said, he was still hoping for a reprieve. John Moody, one of Ailes' top lieutenants there, told Friedman to keep quiet and that on April 6, there would be a meeting that could "repair the situation," according to the suit.

Friedman, who has hired attorneys Joseph Johnson and Martin Garbus of Eaton & Van Winkle, wants $180,000 he says he is owed on his contract, plus $5 million in damages. In addition to alleging breach of contract, Friedman says the statements from News Corp. and 20th Century Fox libeled him.

Since his firing, Friedman has been blogging for the entertainment trade paper the Hollywood Reporter. He has also been on television recently commenting on Michael Jackson.

A Fox News spokeswoman said the network had not yet been served with the lawsuit.

He seems to be missing the whole point of how incredibly stupid that article was. :whatever:

Seriously. Didn't he coment on how "...fun and easy it was to download a copy of a movie that was currently playing at theaters and that folks should do this rather than buy actual tickets because it was more enjoyable to watch them at home," ? If it wasn't that it was something similar that almost endorsed the idea of watching illegal downloads. :(

You...have...got...to...be...****ing...kidding me. Fox leaked the film to get people's reaction? Oh my f***ing god.

Seriously. Didn't he coment on how "...fun and easy it was to download a copy of a movie that was currently playing at theaters and that folks should do this rather than buy actual tickets because it was more enjoyable to watch them at home," ? If it wasn't that it was something similar that almost endorsed the idea of watching illegal downloads. :(

And he wrote about how he was planning to download another studio's movie and watch it that night. :whatever:

He also said he posted the article when the lawyer didn't respond after he sent the article to him to make sure it was ok to publish. Is he crazy? Just from my own experience from my own job - you wait for the lawyer.

I was reading an article about the lawsuit on Gawker, they're claiming he has absolutely no evidence that it was Murdoch's copy of the film that was leaked.

That rumor has been going around awhile now, but there's apparently nothing to back it up. Fox claims the only place Murdoch saw the movie was in a screening room and he never had a DVD, but who knows if they're telling the truth on that one (probably not).

Friedman has also been claiming his criticism of Scientology was the real reason he was fired.

Last edited:
so, i just saw the workprint....HILARIOUS!!! But obviously, because it's unfinished :p I SOOOOO CANT WAIT FOR THE DVD & BLURAY!

Last edited:
I still haven't seen it....

Ahem...just a reminder to everyone not to post links, request or offer the bootleg version here or in PMs. Thanks.

isn't it time to merge the spoiler and non spoiler threads?

I like the workprint better than the final film. I found it interesting to see the film in its unfinished state. I'd like to see more films in this way.

I saw "Wolverine" in theaters, but havent saw the Workprint

The part where gambit blasts Wolvy thru a wall, and Sabes says "Shiny".. its very different in the Workprint?

Gambit doesnt get elbowed in the face, he doesnt helicopter down either.. and the fight it edited differently... am i right?

I saw "Wolverine" in theaters, but havent saw the Workprint

The part where gambit blasts Wolvy thru a wall, and Sabes says "Shiny".. its very different in the Workprint?

Gambit doesnt get elbowed in the face, he doesnt helicopter down either.. and the fight it edited differently... am i right?

No.

So in the Workprint, gambit gets elbowed in the face, and he helicopter-sticks down?

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"