Final Version vs. Workprint - Official Discussion

It was Thing from the Adams Family.

OK...what the hell happened to the shots of Storm as a little girl? That was one of the things I was most looking forward to with this film. I got razzed to no end because I mentioned it and it wasn't anywhere in the movie. Baaaaahhh!

i liked them both. but the final verison was a little dissapointing to me because there was no new scenes, like there was rumored to be, and it was shorter..so wtf lol the leaked one was a LITTLE better

actually, he didn't! :wow: Which again makes you think "what was going through his mind?"

...phf. ...phf. Chase. It's obvious. As the rubble fell down on top of deadpool it ripped open his mouth... Being alive, his healing factor grew him a new mouth. ...easy as.

The real question comes into play when we ask... How the heck did his arm go around searching for his head if it was detached? How could the arm recieve signals from the brain to search for it in the first place?

...in which case we just realize that he was given some mutants telepathic abilities so his body can recieves signals despite a severed nervous system.

Jeez. The guys at fox have thought of everything! :hehe:
lmao

Well, now that it's been proven again that Fox lies, ( i.e. supposed 10 minutes of difference from leaked print) I will not be seeing this in theatres. True that it topped the box office this past weekend but I expect a drop in profits this weekend.

It is pretty bad that they are doing all these movies, that have great potential, and delivering short. I'd rather watch a movie with a good story than have cheesy special effects.

Please listen to us Fox! You need a good story to keep a movie at the top of the box office. We also want X-Men 4, not prequels!

...maybe I don't remember the leaked version well enough, but I thought I saw new footage. I'm not talking like a lot, but a lot of the scenes were edited differently (better) just as a lot of the dialog was changed.

Well, now that it's been proven again that Fox lies, ( i.e. supposed 10 minutes of difference from leaked print) I will not be seeing this in theatres. True that it topped the box office this past weekend but I expect a drop in profits this weekend.

It is pretty bad that they are doing all these movies, that have great potential, and delivering short. I'd rather watch a movie with a good story than have cheesy special effects.

Please listen to us Fox! You need a good story to keep a movie at the top of the box office. We also want X-Men 4, not prequels!

This. I wish fox and other companies would deliver a good story on par with batman begins, iron man, the dark knight, x-men 1 and 2, spider-man 1 and 2, etc. rather than releasing movies that are all special effects without any plot or character development to back it up even if that requires movies to be longer than 90 minutes.

One difference I noticed was that they used a different chick for the Japan ending in the final version compared to the workprint. Lord knows why, it's the exact same scene.

One difference I noticed was that they used a different chick for the Japan ending in the final version compared to the workprint. Lord knows why, it's the exact same scene.
\

huh...I heard a rumor that the bartender was maybe pre-lady deathstrike. I wonder if that had anything to do with it?

I didn't like either. I'm confused about something though. If so many liked this film so much, then what was their problem with X-3? And people say that there were changes because the comics version is to big of a story to cover...yet there may be a sequel??? At this point i don't really care what FOX does since I expect the X-men film to get rebooted independently through Marvel Studios.

i just hate that now that weve seen the theatrical version and see how they flat out lied about things no one from FOX has said a word. So many ppl coming to its deffense with the leak and trying to save face.. and now... nada... makes me feel like we are just mindless drones to them who will just sit and smile in awe at "wolverine" and cgi.. its a little insulting and angering to say the least. kinda like how the gov or politicians lie about things and we dont do ish but sit and swallow crap and say .. mmmm more please??

I cant wait for the next round of interviews with the producer director and the actors... the interviewr better not wuss out and ask all the questions most ppl on these boards and others are saying.. id loooove to know their response and reaction to our criticism.

i have a theory. is it possible that fox lied because they plan to release a different version on dvd??? an extended version? and the dvd version will be the version we should've seen in theaters? but because of the workprint they decided to lie and just have slightly polished version of the workprint.

a better version? ya know. a version that has those 10 extra minutes with all the stupid stuff removed.

i mean one i think this film did well because they did a great job of promoting it and hyping it and selling it to the kiddies.

but lets face it folks this film is a huge step down from x3. and i personally love x3.

i'm very dissapointed with this film.

and i know bryan singer and brett ratner are quietly shaking their heads at this one.

it makes me wish that brett had stuck around to direct this.

and i think it could have been the greatest film ever.

and i'm already hearing that they want to do a deadpool spinoff and wolverine 2. when will it stop!!!

wolverine 2 could very well fix the problems of orgins and give us a real wolverine movie but the first film has given me such a bad taste in my mouth that i no longer care fo the x men movies.

i hope that they can do a reboot very soon. a real reboot with new cast new director. a new continuity

unless they release a better version of this movie on dvd i'm giving up on the x men movies.

i mean in a perfect world they could have had david benioff's original script and bryan singer directing. had we had this combo this film would have been successful film on level with the dark knight and would it have pleased wolverine fans too.

i was hoping that this new wolverine trilogy would be as groundbreaking as the original rambo trilogy but the critics are right. this film is just OK. its not that great.

its wierd because there are so many other movies that are 100% better than wolverine that fail at the box office. 0

i now know how star wars fans feel. because im a wolverine fan. or i now understand how batman fans may have felt about batman forever when it came out. as a kid i LOVED batman forever. but now that i'm almost 30 now i see how ******ED it was.

this IS a kiddie friendly version of wolverine.

the wolverine we saw in the 90s version cartoon, the Hulk vs. DVD and even the new video game do wolverine more justice than this film.

take for instance the movie "chronicles of riddick" now that was a great sci-fi action film with an all star cast and well rounded characters, and a cool grity character and it tanked at the box office but overtime it has gained a cult following and vin diesel and david towy are trying to bring it back.

i think a movie being successful is about whether or not the studio can read the mood of the audience and spark their interest. i this case they promoted wolverine and people came to see the film. so they accomplished their goal.

but lets face it people. this film is just a 100 million dollar B movie. that it. so compared to what has come before. its just not a good movie.

even the first film with its small budget and so so fx, and small scale action had a more compelling deep story and better pacing than orgins its a shame really.

in some ways i think that the workprint surfacing was a good thing. because we got to SEE how bad this movie was in advance. so thus we didn't waste time on it. i hope star trek knocks wolverine's profits down because this film did not deserve to do well.

i don't know why i care about this movie so much. i guess its because i wanted it to enjoy it as much as i enjoyed

Rambo 4 and Punisher Warzone and a few other dark grity anti-heros but well i'll just accept it and move on!

Last edited:
i just hate that now that weve seen the theatrical version and see how they flat out lied about things no one from FOX has said a word. So many ppl coming to its deffense with the leak and trying to save face.. and now... nada... makes me feel like we are just mindless drones to them who will just sit and smile in awe at "wolverine" and cgi.. its a little insulting and angering to say the least. kinda like how the gov or politicians lie about things and we dont do ish but sit and swallow crap and say .. mmmm more please??
interesting isnt it?

its also interesting how some SHH members are quiet.

My God, I can't imagine what was going through Jackman's mind when he had to jump over that fence naked. Holy ****, that's scary.
:lmao: As a chick, I wouldn't know that kind of fear.

i have a theory. is it possible that fox lied because they plan to release a different version on dvd??? an extended version?

Oh yeah. Just like the extended versions of X1 and X3 that are widely available on the market.

My God, I can't imagine what was going through Jackman's mind when he had to jump over that fence naked. Holy ****, that's scary.

Hugh Jackman seems like a guy who would do all of of his stunts but that had to be a stuntman. Any girls in the room that want to confirm, I covered my eyes

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"