Finally a new episode tonight! UNSAFE!

Super_Ludacris said:
:rolleyes: at WB calling a new episode "fresh". Way to pander you audience froggie. Back in the day, I used to get a kick out of seeing hip hop slang used in mainstream media, now it's just annoying.

What's next?

Yo son, peep that new Veronica Mars next Thrusday ya heard it. Mami got that fire and is on the case like a PO Officer. Fo' sheezy, she's build for this and all you other Investigators need to fall back or get forced to lean back!
V-Mars Next Thursday Holla!!!

Dont think they're using it in a hip hop sense there, considering WB doesnt really pander to the hip hop crowd like say a UPN, where Veronica Mars airs incidentally. I think they mean "fresh" in the same sense they mean at the supermarket, as in "new"...

The Incredible Hulk said:
Dont think they're using it in a hip hop sense there, considering WB doesnt really pander to the hip hop crowd like say a UPN, where Veronica Mars airs incidentally. I think they mean "fresh" in the same sense they mean at the supermarket, as in "new"...

yes

Super_Ludacris said:
well this is the WB so I thought that what they were doing since them and UPN are synonomous with that. Them using fresh was just them being off-point

(on a side note: Krs-One is still and will always be the man :) Boggie down, boggie down, boggie down pro-duc-tions :) )
How many mc's must get dissed before someobody says don't f**k with Kris...

;)

Incidentally, I just read Neal's review of Unsafe over at SHP. I don't know if anyone here reads it, or if Neal posts over here, but they used to be entertaining and now I find them totally unreadable. Not because he's started to dislike the show, but because the reviews all seem to be more about him than the show. Kinda like Harry's movie reviews over at AICN where he spends half a page explaining how he got to the theater before even talking about the movie. I dunno. Just wondering what you guys thought.

If they are the ones I'm thinking of he's overally picky and often has gripes with things he misunderstands. I even emailed him once because he was complaining about something that he didn't catch in the plot. BTW I like the music but I'm afraid it will later make the show seem dated.

Lara said:
If they are the ones I'm thinking of he's overally picky and often has gripes with things he misunderstands. I even emailed him once because he was complaining about something that he didn't catch in the plot. BTW I like the music but I'm afraid it will later make the show seem dated.

In he review for Bound he had ranted about the "iPod" whatshername had and the supposed product placement Apple had paid for but it wasn't even an iPod... I emailed him about it but he was nice and corrected it later.

It was actually a Dell Pocket DJ (I think they're called that...)

How could anyone not know what an iPod looks like?

But I haven't really been reading his reviews much either.

I think it's funny, the other reviewer on that site is so pro-Smallville and he's become so anti-Smallville... It is sometimes an interesting contrast if you read them both. He's also so long-winded and she's so brief...

I find it amusing.

If that's how he reviews then that Neal dude may be a good laugh but his credibility as a critic holds no weight.But then again, which critic does?

Average eppy, Alicia made it worthwhile of course.......But DAMN, don't let the kids under 12 watch this. I had to tell my little brother to change it.

I like the idea of them dealing with issues. But, they simply dragged it out so they both could get un-clothed....(which isn't unheard of, for ratings purposes)

ps Lana was HOT when she was lighting those candles. ;)

Pickle-El said:
Average eppy, Alicia made it worthwhile of course.......But DAMN, don't let the kids under 12 watch this. I had to tell my little brother to change it.

I like the idea of them dealing with issues. But, they simply dragged it out so they both could get un-clothed....(which isn't unheard of, for ratings purposes)

ps Lana was HOT when she was lighting those candles. ;)

Yeah but it was another depleted storyline for Lana.Poor Kristin/Lana the fanboys are kicking her ass verbally speaking. Thing I don't understand is, if the TPTB have a "Bias fetish" as the so-called "Lana-Haters" claim they do, why don't they make the charecter more interesting. She's ok at the moment but I agree she could improve, cause the knives are out for her :(
Maybe she should just leave and try independent flicks and build a movie career...I dunno:(...I got nothing :(

Super_Ludacris said:
Yeah but it was another depleted storyline for Lana.Poor Kristin/Lana the fanboys are kicking her ass verbally speaking. Thing I don't understand is, if the TPTB have a "Bias fetish" as the so-called "Lana-Haters" claim they do, why don't they make the character more interesting. She's ok at the moment but I agree she could improve, cause the knives are out for her :(
Maybe she should just leave and try independent flicks and build a movie career...I dunno:(...I got nothing :(
(Hopefully, this post will appear in the right order *sigh*)

They can't dump Lana. They can dump ON her, but they can't get rid of the character. She's (arguably) as important to the show as Lex is. The whole show revolves around the three, with Clark at the top of course. I think folks just need to be a little more patient with Lana's story arc. Yeah, it's kind of boring right now, and I know there are quite a few fans out there *cough*DTS,Sweet*cough* who are still lamenting the loss of Clana, but G&M have promised to make her character more "important" to the overall story arc. Whether or not she *should* be made more important (I'm with James on that notion), is irrelevant. The fact is, by hook or crook, they ARE wedging her into the mythos with a shoe horn. ;)

Remember - the show is about the journey, not the destination. :)

You know I'm a die-hard Lana but I'm saying, sometimes all that hate is too much and nothing happens with her.As far as Clana goes, I don't care for it. Just a misery rant on my part
*shrugs *

Super_Ludacris said:
You know I'm a die-hard Lana but I'm saying, sometimes all that hate is too much and nothing happens with her.As far as Clana goes, I don't care for it. Just a misery rant on my part
*shrugs *

I'm not a Clana fan either and have learned to not let the Clana fans get my dander up too much over on DTS, I've never ventured onto Sweet... aren't they worse?

The Clana fans will have another Lana/Clark-centric ep before too long (Sacred) and they will no doubt rejoice that hope has been rekindled that Clana may return.

They've got great screen chemistry, but I don't care one way or the other really... Just make it fun and interesting and I'll be happy until they finally shutter the show.

triplet said:
I'm not a Clana fan either and have learned to not let the Clana fans get my dander up too much over on DTS, I've never ventured onto Sweet... aren't they worse?
The Clana fans will have another Lana/Clark-centric ep before too long (Sacred) and they will no doubt rejoice that hope has been rekindled that Clana may return.

Really.. we're not *all* that bad. :p

I honestly don't want a return to the see-saw relationship b/w Clark and Lana.. enough already. But I do feel cheated that we were teased for soooo long, and truly, the only real relationship they actually ever had was a little suckface under a damn tree! There was never any Clana to mourn.. it hardly existed. I'd like to see them have some quality time making each other happy before the series ends. Happily-Ever-After, is just not their destiny... but when all is said and done, I'd like to have something to remember other than frustration and bitterness when it comes to Lana and Clark. I love their chemistry together, and I hope it ends on, at worst, a bittersweet note between them.

That's all. :)

I think the Clark/Lois chemistry is the most interesting, but that's partially due to the snappy writing. It's like when folks think MR is such a great actor (he IS good - I'm not slighting him), but it's what the writers give him to work with that makes him more complex. Clark and Lois are so much fun because they're antagonistic towards each other, and that can be very entertaining. It's what kept shows like Cheers and Northern Exposure so good for so long. All Clark and Lana do is bat doe eyes at each other and complain about being/not being honest. Ack! Bowrang! LOL

Serene said:
...the only real relationship they actually ever had was a little suckface under a damn tree!
Hee! Nuthin' wrong with dat. ;)

There was never any Clana to mourn.. it hardly existed. I'd like to see them have some quality time making each other happy before the series ends.
Remember what the writers keep saying: the story ends in tragedy. It's good that Clark becomes Superman - we all know that - but Lex goes evil, and Clark's first true love "ends badly." The ending will be more bitter than sweet for the other characters, unfortunately. :(

Happily-Ever-After, is just not their destiny.
Exactly.

Ok, here goes my comments:

1) I love Sarah Carter... I want to make sweet sweet love to her...

2) I can't believe I liked Tom Welling's acting in this, but I did... I actually felt for him when he was crying to his mom...

3) That Doctor guy... what a perv...

4) Jimmy obviously can't be Jimmy Olsen... he's at least ten years younger than Clark...

5) I like Red K Clark...

6) I even thought Martha Kent was attractive in this episode...

I can see why Martha was annoyed at Clark.Right from the outset he wanted Alicia even though he knew it was wrong.His parents advised against it so he went to Chloe to do some digging to ''prove'' she was cured that his parents were wrong.

He wanted some validation so he could go after her with a clear consious.While she was cured to a degree she is still obsessed with him.He did the right thing by not going to California but you could see he wanted to.
Once infected with the red kyptonite all sense of right went out the window.Alcia had it right when she said the Red Kyrptonite doesnt make him a bad person doesnt control him it free's him of his morals.Really in Smallville's case its kinda like Clark getting drunk.
Thats why Martha is upset, if Clark was a normal kid he would be saying ''but I was drunk'' in place of I was infected with Red Kyptonite.It's a poor excuse and exactly that...an excuse.

Serene said:
Really.. we're not *all* that bad. :p

I honestly don't want a return to the see-saw relationship b/w Clark and Lana.. enough already. But I do feel cheated that we were teased for soooo long, and truly, the only real relationship they actually ever had was a little suckface under a damn tree! There was never any Clana to mourn.. it hardly existed. I'd like to see them have some quality time making each other happy before the series ends. Happily-Ever-After, is just not their destiny... but when all is said and done, I'd like to have something to remember other than frustration and bitterness when it comes to Lana and Clark. I love their chemistry together, and I hope it ends on, at worst, a bittersweet note between them.

That's all. :)

I can understand that....

But I think that part of the reason why this ep is so hated over on DTS is just because it seems to spell the doom of Clana.

Lana all but told Jason that she loves him enough for him to be her first, even though she never said the words "I love you".

Does it follow that Clark and Lana will never get their closure? I dunno, may be. May be not.

Most fans over there justify their hatred of the episode by saying that it wasn't righti that Lana was throwing herself at Jason. Or that her offering herself up to Jason is out of character. Or that Millar and Gough aren't respecting the mythos of Superman because Lana is supposed to be Clark's sweetheart while he's a teen... etc, etc.

I find it interesting on an intellectual level so I read the threads over there, but I'm beyond wanting to contribute to the noise about it. It's an uphill battle that I'm not willing to enter in to.

I really liked the episode. Sarah Carter has a wonderful chemistry with Tom and it was great seeing Clark happy for once. Alicia, I believe, really loves Clark and it's not just love-obsessive stalkerish delusion.

It was nice to also see a previous FOTW come back and interact with Clark. Too often they show up for one ep and are never seen again.

There are some others I would love to see return (Cyrus from Visitor, for one - are you surprised ;) - Byron from Nocturne, for another) so hopefully this will mean that more eps like this will come.

It gets a thumbsup from me. :up:

AgentPat said:
I think the Clark/Lois chemistry is the most interesting, but that's partially due to the snappy writing. It's like when folks think MR is such a great actor (he IS good - I'm not slighting him), but it's what the writers give him to work with that makes him more complex. Clark and Lois are so much fun because they're antagonistic towards each other, and that can be very entertaining. It's what kept shows like Cheers and Northern Exposure so good for so long. All Clark and Lana do is bat doe eyes at each other and complain about being/not being honest. Ack! Bowrang! LOL

Exactly. Yawn.

I got bored with it by the middle of last season. There's just not enough conflict and what conflict there was had been so contrived that it was tiresome.

Maybe if they can move beyond that they can get back together, but I doubt they'll revisit that ship at this point.

triplet said:
But I think that part of the reason why this ep is so hated over on DTS is just because it seems to spell the doom of Clana.
Clana's been doomed from the start. In fact, I believe that if you look up "Clana" in the dictionary, it actually says "doomed." ;)
Lana all but told Jason that she loves him enough for him to be her first, even though she never said the words "I love you".
You know what's interesting? I rewatched "Unsafe" last night, and unless I missed it, Clark never says "I love you" to Alicia. When they're on the bed, right before she takes off his necklace, she says to him, "I love you," but he responds something like, "I know how you feel' (or "I know what you mean" can't remember which one.) Then in the closing loft scene as she's about to leave, she again tells him that she loves him. I do think he loves her.. in a way that's more out of his desire for someone he can be himself with.. but it is interesting that they never had him say it back to her.

I find it interesting on an intellectual level so I read the threads over there, but I'm beyond wanting to contribute to the noise about it. It's an uphill battle that I'm not willing to enter in to.
I'm more about the purdy pictures. :) And I do like the TW forum. I try to not enter the fray unless I'm reeeally motivated.

I really liked the episode. Sarah Carter has a wonderful chemistry with Tom and it was great seeing Clark happy for once. Alicia, I believe, really loves Clark and it's not just love-obsessive stalkerish delusion.
I loved this episode, for a lot of reasons even beyond the amazing scenery;).
Alicia is still a messed up girl, IMO.. but I agree that she does love Clark and I think she's trying to straighten her life out. I'm just not convinced that she will be able to.

I also noticed in rewatching that Alicia's mother is mentioned a couple times.. but no word on her father. I wonder if he died, or if he's still in a coma.

It was nice to also see a previous FOTW come back and interact with Clark. Too often they show up for one ep and are never seen again.
There are some others I would love to see return (Cyrus from Visitor, for one - are you surprised ;) - Byron from Nocturne, for another) so hopefully this will mean that more eps like this will come.

Well with the mysterious Floor 33.1 that Lex is keeping, I wouldn't be surprised if we see the return of a lot of our favorite FOTW's.

It gets a thumbsup from me. :up:

It gets two :up::up: from me.

As far as people getting gassed up about the Clark-Alicia romance, just watch the next episode and watch that dream shatter :)

Super_Ludacris said:
As far as people getting gassed up about the Clark-Alicia romance, just watch the next episode and watch that dream shatter :)
I think everybody is pretty much clued in on it not lasting beyond next week. But the real question is, do they off her at the end of the episode?

Serene said:
Clana's been doomed from the start. In fact, I believe that if you look up "Clana" in the dictionary, it actually says "doomed."
wink.gif

LOL! True, but if you were to ask some of the more militant Clana devotees you wouldn't get one of them to admit to that.

Serene said:
You know what's interesting? I rewatched "Unsafe" last night, and unless I missed it, Clark never says "I love you" to Alicia. When they're on the bed, right before she takes off his necklace, she says to him, "I love you," but he responds something like, "I know how you feel' (or "I know what you mean" can't remember which one.) Then in the closing loft scene as she's about to leave, she again tells him that she loves him. I do think he loves her.. in a way that's more out of his desire for someone he can be himself with.. but it is interesting that they never had him say it back to her.

Interesting omission. Very interesting...

Serene said:
I'm more about the purdy pictures. And I do like the TW forum. I try to not enter the fray unless I'm reeeally motivated.

Me too. I will read a few threads and decide to forget the frustration that makes me feel by looking at the very purdy pictures over on the TW forum.

He's just so yummy, it's nice to have that place to visit and view his images with other like minded lust puppies.

Serene said:
I loved this episode, for a lot of reasons even beyond the amazing scenery.

You know, I just finished writing my review for TV Tome and in thinking about it more critically while writing that, I've come to the conclusion that this is probably one of the best of the year so far.

Probably in fifth behind Transference, Crusade, Run, Jinx, and Spell.

So I love it too. (and the scenery was definitely a lot of fun to... uh *cough* view... )

Serene said:
Alicia is still a messed up girl, IMO.. but I agree that she does love Clark and I think she's trying to straighten her life out. I'm just not convinced that she will be able to.

No, she probably won't be able to get straightened up...

Or they'd have to sign her up for more eps and given the two new characters they've already added this season, there's probably not a free dressing room to give her.

Serene said:
I also noticed in rewatching that Alicia's mother is mentioned a couple times.. but no word on her father. I wonder if he died, or if he's still in a coma.

I was wondering that myself... Curious they didn't mention it, but then again they haven't mentioned Pete once this season. They tend to forget absent characters pretty quick.

Aunt Nell anyone?

Serene said:
Well with the mysterious Floor 33.1 that Lex is keeping, I wouldn't be surprised if we see the return of a lot of our favorite FOTW's.

True but I hope he doesn't have sweet Cyrus or romantic Byron locked up in there, but I am looking forward to the return of sexy Trent Ford as Mxyzpltlk!

Serene said:
It gets two
icon14.gif
icon14.gif
from me.

Actually, I amend my verdict to three thumbs up.
icon14.gif
icon14.gif
icon14.gif

triplet said:
You know, I just finished writing my review for TV Tome and in thinking about it more critically while writing that, I've come to the conclusion that this is probably one of the best of the year so far.

Just read the review, trip. Very nicely done. :) :up:

Serene said:
Just read the review, trip. Very nicely done. :) :up:

Thanks.

Don't get any feedback from there because they don't have a PM system and I hesitate to put my email up there for fear of getting spammed to death...

They should upgrade their forum software. Pretty primitive in comparison to here, but they let me review and I think I'm getting pretty good at it.

Thankyou.gif

So thanks again. I appreciate that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"