Finally a new episode tonight! UNSAFE!

Discussion in 'Misc. TV Series' started by The Incredible Hulk, Jan 26, 2005.

1. Maelstrom Registered

Good ep, actually FAR better than I expected...

I'm still trying to figure out how Alicia DID know about the Red Kryptonite...they kind of glossed over that.

Th Jimmy revelation was a nice bone to throw to teh fans...I was kind of slow on the uptake on that one...wy wife had to thwap me on the head pratically in order for me to get it...I was being kind of dense.

So the marriage wasn't legal? Because Clark was "drugged'? They kind of glossed over that, too.

Martha going off on Clark seemed kind of out of character....he WAS on Red K...and any other time it was always "you weren't yourself"....when he was doing MUCH worse things than trying to get laid...

I was really hoping that Jason was gone...they're dragging this out WAY too much...if he's going to be Jason Blood (or at least someone interesting), make it happen already. If not, get rid of him.

Lionel....faking or not? I actually find myself hoping he's not. It would make a FAR more interesting development to see Lionel become a real force for good that everyone doubts, while Lex becomes increasingly dark and "evil"....

I'm really glad they didn't cop out and kill Alicia...but if they kill her off in another episode it will make her survival in this one that much more trivial...I hope she does just get her wish to move away, and that she doesn't start going psycho again...

There WAS some nice character development here, and it was a good episode, but there are so many plot points that are still left hanging...honestly the plot hasn't been advanced much at all this season.

What about the cave, the crystals, the map, Jor-El, Lex's 33 1/2 floor o' freaks????

At least something ought to be going on with this....instead we see Lana and Clark on the verge of losing their..."innocence", but it doesn't happen for either one.

And the public service announcement at the end? A bit much....but I can live with it. My wife and I were both all "Now I know....and knowing is half the battle."

2. Lobo Liv is Life

Great episode. I know Jimmy is supposed to be quite a few years younger than Clark in the comics but this isn't the comics so so what. And of course they meant Jimmy Olsen why else would they mention the bow tie. I like that Superman's pal took Chloe's virginity. I love Red K Clark, and the best line was Alicia "We don't have any Kind of commitment" Clark "Believe me no one is more commited to making this happen than me." Another great line was Alicia saying that she wanted it to last forever and Clark responding "I'm not sure that's one of my abilities but I'll try." :)

And as for Alicia :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

This was the best episode I've seen in a while and I'm glad there finally airing new eps can't wait for next week when
    Chloe
    finds out about Clark

3. kane9321 oakland's finest

They just better keep alicia on the show, clark and her have just great chemistry together...so much better to have alicia there instead of clark running after lana every darn episode

4. RakuMon Registered

Alicia's knowledge of Red K didn't bother me. She was already privy to his secret, plus she has the ability to teleport anywhere she wants. It isn't surprising that she could have been stalking Clark in secret and overheard conversations between he and his parents.

It wasn't legal because they did a "drive thru" wedding and didn't file for a license or fill out any paperwork. Essentially they just had a Vegas ceremony without actually "getting married."

I completely understand her anger. She wasn't upset because he was on Red K, she was upset because even though they warned him that Alicia was dangerous, he still pursued a relationship. Granted, Alicia was a more sympathetic character this time around, but I think Ma Kent was justified in her anger. Also, Tom's acting was brilliant. And it wasn't just the tear. It was his whole deflated face. When he was alone in the kitchen, waiting to be scolded, worrying about Dad's feelings. Very believable.

5. The Lizard Didn't eat Billy

Agreed--- and not just because Alicia is a hottie, either. ;)

6. triplet KryptonSite Reviewer

Great comments, guys! I'm glad everyone liked this episode as much as I did!

I do have a couple of comments:

I think the reason that the marriage wasn't legal was because both Clark and Alicia are likely underage. In order to sign up at a wedding chapel in Las Vegas, I think you have to be 18. If they lied when they filled out the forms, I don't think then that the marriage would be legal.

I'm not a lawyer, but I think it makes sense... You have to be 18 to sign a contract...

As for how Alicia found out so much about Clark, I think her ability to teleport herself probably helped out but I have a theory on how she found out so much (I'm going to use spoiler tags, even though it's not really, because it might reveal some stuff about next week's ep):

I think she went to Chloe's house and/or hacked into Chloe's computer.

Now, I know that Chloe doesn't know about Clark specifically, but she does know that something is different about him and would have some evidence to support that. Enough for Alicia, potentially, to fill in the blanks if she were to get access to Chloe's computer file on Clark.

Now, I know that she has a computer file on Clark because in Extinction she told Lionel something like "You don't think that I would keep my file on Clark here, do you?"

She was referring to the files that Van had read, including the one on Lex, on the school computers.

Chloe would know at least some of the following, maybe even all, going into next week:
    1. Lionel wants to know very badly where Clark came from (Truth) and is highly obsessed with him (From Season two on....)
    2. Knows that Clark's adoption wasn't legit (I forget which ep that came from- maybe Lineage?).
    3. Knows that when Clark wears the fake ruby (red meteor rock) class ring that he isn't himself (Red, Exile).
    4. If she talked to Lana about it, knows that Van McNulty said that Clark was bullet proof (Extinction).
    5. Knows that Clark wasn't affected the same way as other people by certain things like the krypto-gatorade, her truth serum, Sarah's dreams and the toxins from Luthorcorp - she even said that he is "wired differently" than everyone else... (Devoted, Slumber, Truth, and Scared)
    I think that if Alicia somehow got access to the above info (especially the part about the rings and where Chloe might keep them - hence her thievery at the Torch office), then she's smart enough that she would probably be able to fill in the blanks.

What do you think?

Good theory, of am I over-thinking the sitch?

7. kane9321 oakland's finest

lol

8. Lara Registered

I think this is a pretty good theory especially since she knew where the ring was located. I can't wait till next week.

9. WhiteRat Registered

sure took long enough.by the way,I have not read through this thread.I missed the last half hour of the show,what happened after they got married in vegas? did she end up going back to the institution again and was that doctor jeoulous of her seeing clark because he wanted her for himself?

10. triplet KryptonSite Reviewer

I'm totally psyched for next week! :up:

11. amazingfantasy15 Registered

Cool episode, the Lana/Jason stuff was waaaay too preachy/after school specialy. Chloe's PSA at the end put it way over the top, there's been plenty of episodes dealing with sex that didn't need the PSA. I really liked the Alicia/Clark storyline, Alicia knew the effects of green kyrptonite from Obsession, so it's not too much of a stretch that she knew about the effects of other forms of kryptonite. As for the Martha/Clark scene, that was good, too much has happened with Clark on red K for them to keep letting it go, plus those feelings do come from Clark, red K just takes away his inhibitions. I do think this was the best red K "transformation" shot though.

12. JcDc Registered

I need some screen caps of her in the stockings :o

13. newbrando Registered

Does anyone have the ratings for this one. I read over at TWOP that it came in 5th place with the lowest rating of the season. Does anyone know if that is true?

14. RakuMon Registered

What's TWOP?

15. newbrando Registered

16. AgentPat Squeaky wheel

SV came in fifth, beating UPN's "Road to Stardom" in the 8pm time slot. The preliminary overnights are saying 1.4/3 for Smallville *and* Jack & Bobby, but I'm gonna *assume* J&B brought SV's numbers down a bit since that rating is an average between the two shows. Exact numbers won't be available for a few days.

And Lokmon, don't do it buddy. Stay FAR away from TWOP. You'll be sorrrrrrrry!!! I'm tellin' ya now. That place is a cesspool!

17. JcDc Registered

The only reason it did so bad in the ratings is because people who aren't die hard fans have thought it to be in rerun land... So they probably didn't bother to check when new eps would be back. Suckers missed out :o

18. The Incredible Hulk Bad Hombre

so am I especilally after seeing this:

[​IMG]

in the previews

19. AgentPat Squeaky wheel

I'm psyched too! Next week's episode is gonna be da bomb!!

20. AgentPat Squeaky wheel

That's Clark - playing catch. :D

21. AgentPat Squeaky wheel

Ut oh... psycho boards acting up again. LOL

22. JcDc Registered

My monitor is dark but I'm assuming it's th kick ass pic of him catching the car :o Looked like a scene from a movie, not a tv show :up:

23. Lara Registered

I can't tell what's in that picture it's so dark :confused:

24. The Incredible Hulk Bad Hombre

that and the fact it was preempted in LA for the Lakers game

it's him catching the car, sorry will try to lighten it up...

EDIT: ok I dont have good photo edit software at work but I did play with the brightness tohopefully make ti a bit more viewable..

25. The Incredible Hulk Bad Hombre

*cues twilight zone music*