Sequels First Class-Prequel or Reboot?

project13

Civilian
Reaction score
So, an "X-Men: First Class" movie is on the way and will feature a younger X-Men. But should this film be an prequel to the Singer/Ratner X-Men films or should it reboot the entire francise and stay closer to the comic material? Or, maybe even a "preboot" (both a prequel and a reboot).

I like the term "preboot" an think it would be a good thing. Don't get me wrong, I absolutely loved the X-Men movies and they actually made me love super-hero movies. But now that the old series is really over (and not on a very good note X3), I think it is time to revamp the series with some newer younger faces, who can act of course as good as the original cast though.

A preboot is the best way to undo the stupid stuff that happenned in 3

Thanks for reply to my thread. I acutally felt that "First Class" would be more of a reboot than a prequel. And a "preboot" is obvious that it's both a prequel to the "X-Men" films, but at the same time revamps the franchise.

I love the term Preboot and if you see my Thread we are casting a Preboot currently some good ideas floating around too.

First Class should be a prequel, if only for the fact that X-Men: First Class would be a terrible name for a reboot. A reboot deserves better than that.

Well, since Wolverine is a prequel that is changing some stuff (the look of Sabretooth), and the Magneto script I saw does change the continuity from what has already been mentioned, then I imagine a First Class prequel would also make changes. So, a prequel is also likely to be (partially) a reboot.

Apparently, it's a sequel. Rogue, Iceman, Colossus, Shadowcat, Angel and Jubilee forming a New X-men group after the disbanding of the anterior (With Wolverine going away, Storm becoming headmistress, Beast becoming senator and Cyclops seven feet under).

Neither. It should come after the X3 events, and feature the younger established cast plus newcomers.

and feature the younger established cast plus newcomers.

Who are those... Iceman and Rogue??? No one else was developed (X3 was the grand champion of easter egg cameos.

And do we just let the "older" characters go away??? The X franchise is on the brink of becoming a meaningless cluster-fck. They are headed all over the place. I mean, my God man... what's the point???

^Exactly get back to the basics restart from the beginning with the core and do it right this time. I partially hopw wolverine bombs just so fox will give up the x rights then Marvel can preboot it in like 5 years.

Really, they can use the Wolverine movie to re-intoduce the X-Men. They can be rebooted down the road coming off of the Wolverine films (there are likely to be several).

I partially hope wolverine bombs just so fox will give up the x rights then Marvel can preboot it in like 5 years.

Well after watching the wolverine trailer ^I now know this will not be the case, Fox will make crazy money on this film.:csad: I'm conflicted:woot:

Apparently, it's a sequel. Rogue, Iceman, Colossus, Shadowcat, Angel and Jubilee forming a New X-men group after the disbanding of the anterior (With Wolverine going away, Storm becoming headmistress, Beast becoming senator and Cyclops seven feet under).
Neither. It should come after the X3 events, and feature the younger established cast plus newcomers.

This is what I want to see. Hand the reigns over to the younger (and non-dead) X-Men. I mean, if written properly (big IF), it could be quite the treat for fanboys of the lesser known characters.

Where are you getting this from?

Might also be nice to have other "New-Generation-X-Factor-Force" kids in there. SunsPot, Dust, Anole, that Jones kid who changes channels by blinking...

and that's what I thought, too.

What this idea ?? reboot and prequel ? both ?? it's impossible.
This movie can be a reboot, or a prequel, not both.

i think it should be a reboot/sequel, it should bring back cyke and have em' say that jean merely shut off his powers, temporarily and thats why xavier couldnt find his signature.
then bring back ol' proff.X and say he transferred his mind into the body of shape shifter.

and some young bucks i wanna see angel, rouge, iceman, havok, and colossus.
and bring back beast(new actor), storm, and night crawler(new actor).

What this idea ?? reboot and prequel ? both ?? it's impossible.
This movie can be a reboot, or a prequel, not both.

Well, I guess that if they reboot back to the beginning, with the original 5... then it would not really be a prequel. But I think that the point is, go back to the beginning of the team, but reboot with a different story arc also.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"