Joseph Quinn is Johnny Storm/The Human Torch

assault is not a joke

giphy.gif

It would not surprise me at all if they’re chatting to Jacob Elordi

anyhoo, given that Zac Efron's latest film (Firestarter) bombed big time, I think that potential casting is dead in the water.

I think Feige should stick with the popular fan casting of Dacre Montgomery as Johnny Storm

wp4429908.jpg

Or give me Austin Butler as Johnny Storm

I was about to say we know Disney loves talented actors. I have a feeling Austin will get an Oscar nom and possibly even win for his iconic role as Elvis. I think we may have a new frontrunner in the Johnny Storm sweeptstakes and his name is Austin Butler (mandatory shirtless Marvel pic at the end lol) he can totally pass off as a best friend of Tom Holland's Peter Parker imho more than even Dacre (although an audition may prove otherwise). He also can pass off as Emily Blunt's younger brother, although Dacre has a bit more resemblance to her imo:

3d444ece5a91eca48e6907dc11533eb4--the-guys-hot-men.jpg

austin-butler-blonde-curly-hair-haircuts-for-men-with-thick-hair-white-shirt-black-blazer-bow-tie.jpg
70d16df8f37bef4c9c3b14e3413ad738.jpg

anyhoo, given that Zac Efron's latest film (Firestarter) bombed big time, I think that potential casting is dead in the water.

I think Feige should stick with the popular fan casting of Dacre Montgomery as Johnny Storm

wp4429908.jpg
This is the guy. The same way you know who is the guy for Reed, this is the guy for Johnny.

If Feige casts him he is now officially letting the fandom cast this movie.

This is the guy. The same way you know who is the guy for Reed, this is the guy for Johnny.

If Feige casts him he is now officially letting the fandom cast this movie.

I dont know if he is letting us cast the movie lol. It just seems that way. By that same logic, Cumberbatch was fan-cast as Strange and Ryan Reynolds was fan-cast as Deadpool. They are just the obvious choice for anyone with common sense, knows the actors and "gets" the characters. I hope you are right about Dacre, as he is talented, but so is Austin.

It's funny, Seth Rogen was seen as a dark horse, out of leftfield contender for the role of Ben Grimm. But give it time, and he seems to have emerged as the fan-favourite. I was one of the first people on the interwebs to even suggest him for the role many years ago (I think after the fallout of the mess that was Trank's F4NTASTIC).

What I am trying to say is, it seems like we the fans are casting for Marvel, but it could be that we are simply on the same wavelength as Sarah Halley Finn (the casting director) or that she is years ahead of us and we are simply playing catch up to her.

2015:
Sarah Halley Finn's journal: Seth Rogen would be at the top of my list to play Ben Grimm.

2016:
Stark Bauer: Hey guys, how bout Seth Rogen as Ben Grimm?
Fandom: The fat pothead? Hell no, you must be high like Rogen.

2022:
Fans: Seth Rogen for Ben Grimm!

Last edited:
I know this is about winning the role of Elvis, but beating out BIGGER names like Styles, Ansel Elgort and Miles Teller, who are talented actors in their own right, is quite a feat:

Austin Butler has been cast as Elvis in a currently untitled biopic of the King of Rock and Roll, which will not only be directed by Baz Luhrmann but also star Tom Hanks as the music legend’s long-time manager, Colonel Tom Parker. After beating out the likes of arguably bigger names, including One Direction’s Harry Styles, The Fault in Our StarsAnsel Elgort, and Whiplash and Fantastic Four star Miles Teller for the role, suspicious minds may be wondering, “Who is this guy?”

I was about to say we know Disney loves talented actors. I have a feeling Austin will get an Oscar nom and possibly even win for his iconic role as Elvis. I think we may have a new frontrunner in the Johnny Storm sweeptstakes and his name is Austin Butler (mandatory shirtless Marvel pic at the end lol) he can totally pass off as a best friend of Tom Holland's Peter Parker imho more than even Dacre (although an audition may prove otherwise). He also can pass off as Emily Blunt's younger brother, although Dacre has a bit more resemblance to her imo:

3d444ece5a91eca48e6907dc11533eb4--the-guys-hot-men.jpg

austin-butler-blonde-curly-hair-haircuts-for-men-with-thick-hair-white-shirt-black-blazer-bow-tie.jpg
70d16df8f37bef4c9c3b14e3413ad738.jpg

apparently reviewers are saying the Elvis movie is atrocious so that has probably torpedoed this suggestion

Depends on how audiences respond to the film and Butler in particular. Malek has been just fine despite the critical reception to Bohemian Rhapsody. Plus it seems like Butler is the only thing most critics like about the movie.

apparently reviewers are saying the Elvis movie is atrocious so that has probably torpedoed this suggestion

dang. so much for that Oscar nom

Edit: waiting for that audience rating tho

Critics: 1%

Audience: 99% liked it lol

Edit2:

86% on RT
Elvis

He already will be Feyd in Dune Part 2

I mean, it's a Baz Luhrman flick. Critics are almost certain to hate it because critics hate camp as a general rule. But even the negative reviews have said Butler is terrific in the lead role, so I don't see it hurting his career even if it fails to connect with audiences.

I could definitely see him as Johnny, but Dacre is still my top choice.

^ An easier sell than returning as Cap? That's an unexpected thing to say. But I want them to go younger with Torch. I always thought Evans was too buff to play Johnny Storm too, but he did a pretty good job.

I know he's going off to be a big star, but I'm suggesting Austin Butler for Johnny Storm.

Last edited:
Yeah, Butler seems like an obvious choice at this point—he’s been joining some interesting projects as of late and Dune Part II will certainly be no exception. Seems silly I overlooked him in previous fan-casting but it seems like people are less attached to the idea of a teens/early twenties Johnny

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"