For People Who Have Not Read The Book

I saw the movie and have never read the graphic novel. I wanted my first experience of 'Watchmen' to be the movie first, and the graphic novel second. The movie made complete sense to me on the first showing. I think some audience members are just not paying attention, and actually listening to what the characters are saying. :p

BTW, the graphic novel rocks! Both compliment each other well.

My friend didn't find it confusing, and he sometimes has to ask me what things mean in movies. He didn't for Watchmen.

Also, someone else here said that his girlfriend actually has brain damage which hinders her ability to analyse. She followed it perfectly. Basically if you didn't get it you aren't as smart as someone with brain damage.

I got into an arguement with someone because they didnt like Watchmen because no one acted like heroes

I had a small knowledge of some of the characters before seeing the movie. I understood everything and I am now hooked with everything Watchmen. Read through the GN once and plan on doing it again next month. I <3 Rorschach

I got into an arguement with someone because they didnt like Watchmen because no one acted like heroes

Yeah, I had that problem, although without argument. :cwink:

Honestly, if people who aren't totally stupid are confused by the movie, that's a problem with the movie. It's certainly not the viewer's responsibility to read the source material -- doesn't happen with other adaptations.

True. I managed to grasp the majority of concepts and ideas in the film having not read the graphic novel. When people were walking out of the cinema half way through the movie, just shows how many ignorant and dumb people there are in this world.

I think a lot of people went into Watchmen thinking it was gonna be a straight up superhero film

That's why leading into the movie's release people who asked me about it.{I'm the resident nerd of my group of friends} I told everybody who asked me "It's not a traditional superhero story.It's not a action film."I went with my Girlfriend and some friends of mine and we all followed it just fine.My GF never touched the book and she liked it.If someone gets confused they simply weren't following the movie or have short attention spans.

I do think Snyder did somethign right where people di walk out. It means that we have never seen anything like this before and aren't used to it, they were expecting something else. Generic.

So Snyder did it right.

Can't wait to see this tomorrow again with hopefully not alot in the theater.

I saw it again today and the girl i took with me liked it

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kimcity
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"