Sequels For those who worried about the boring superman villians for the sequels

ohmshalone

on the brink of sanity
Reaction score
SPOILERS ON CURRENT SUPERMAN COMICS

If you've been following the comics lately (one year later), you'd have noticed that, it seems, all villians are going through a cool makeover. Metallo looks human but does this "chest-burst" thing, which reveals his heart of kryptonite, while this other guy, "kryptonite man", looks pretty modern (maybe a little too rave-y for a movie), and hey, who knows what the rest of the rogues gallery are gonna look like?

if anyone has the time to scan these two vills, please post them for those who don't read comics.

Even lex seems pretty intriguing...but enough about the comics. Why I'm posting this here is: Do you think Bryan will want to use these new guys in the sequels? do you think the supe's villians are finally good enough to present to the world? Isn't it weird that the movies are always one generation behind? STM was pre-crisis when post-crisis had begun (i think), and now the movies have come out when the comics are going through a major makeover.

Who knows, maybe bryan will merge all 3 together. Whatever, let's hope the franchise lasts longer than 4 movies this time.

MAYBE WITH THESE COOL NEW VILLIANS, THE SUPERMAN FRANCHISE WILL BECOME MORE SUCCESSFUL THAN THE BOND MOVIES!!?? (just kidding)

kryptonite man... Isnt he just captain atom after the events in Superman/Batman?? and im pretty sure they transformed him back to normal.

SsM said:
kryptonite man... Isnt he just captain atom after the events in Superman/Batman?? and im pretty sure they transformed him back to normal.
well technically yeah he was overtaken by a "kryptonite demon" or whatever but its not exactly the same...in S/B it was more of a nod to the original...
but Kryptonite man is a bad guy from the silver age(ish) and he recently made an appearace in modern Superman books in Superman 650 as mentioned above.

we need something awesome for the sequel.I have read a lot of posts here on shh on the subject.people suggest doomsday or darkseid and there is protests.I'm really not sure who would be great,metallo or brainiac maybe??my money is on brainiac.

I've never felt the rogue gallery of Superman's villains was boring. Quite the opposite, IMO. He's got some of the best rogue villains of any hero.

Ya I agree.change the subject a little here.I have an older comic thats an else world.it shows what happens when jor-el sends kal-el to different planets.he becomes every member of the J.L.A..bats,flash,aquaman.It's very cool.He He,they left wonder woman out though.
dpm07 said:
I've never felt the rogue gallery of Superman's villains was boring. Quite the opposite, IMO. He's got some of the best rogue villains of any hero.

BOring..

Damn I really like some of Supermans Villains

Brainiac is a must
Parasite is a must
Bizzaro is a must

those are some great villains IMO

you know I really am curious why people hate doomsday so much..I'm not saying I want him for a sequel,but I wouldnt object to it either.

we do have a sequels thread, moving

I want Singer and Co to use the older characters before they would use new ones... the Ty-Zor character from the JJ Abrams script might work well in the new films if reworked a bit.

Still, I would rather have Metallo and Brainiac for these films... plus Doomsday if they can fit him in.

I read that as well.that would have been an awesome fight.:up:
Mentok said:
I want Singer and Co to use the older characters before they would use new ones... the Ty-Zor character from the JJ Abrams script might work well in the new films if reworked a bit.

Still, I would rather have Metallo and Brainiac for these films... plus Doomsday if they can fit him in.

This may be reaching here,but did you see the fight between supes and capt.marvel on the J.L.U. series?I would love to see a fight like that on the big screen.that would probably be to much for them to do,but still, it would be great to see.

might be cool if they played out like this..............

Movie 1
Main Villain =Lex Luthor

Movie 2
Main Villains = Lex Luthor & Metallo
Surpoting Villains = Brainiac

Movie 3
Main Villains = Parasite & Livewire
Surpoting Villains = Lex Luthor & Brainiac

Movie 4
Main Villains = Brainiac
Surpoting Villains = Darkseid , Lex Luthor

Movie 5
Main Villains = Doomsday
Surpoting Villains = Darkseid , Lex Luthor

Movie 6
Main Villains =Darkseid

I've never understood why people think Superman has a lame rogues gallery. The dumbest argument I've ever heard is "Brainiac sucks because his name is stupid and no real villain would ever call himself that." Ummm... okay... so please tell me what a REAL and COOL villain would call himself.

Mr. Freeze?
The Riddler?
The Green Goblin?
Captain Cold?
DOCTOR OCTOPUS?

Seriously, come on. Comic book characters... particularly villians... tend to have silly names. I think "Brainiac" is a lot cooler and more inspired than "The Absorbing Man" or "Captain Boomerang."

I've always thought the Superman rogues were a little lacking, but I think that since the Man of Steel reboot, and especially STAS that perception has steadily changed.

Darkseid, Luthor, and Doomsday I knew were pretty kickass.

STAS really made Metallo, Brainiac, Parasite, Bizarro, and Toyman pretty cool villians to me.

Just looking at the recent take on Kryptonite Man, I think this guy could be in a Superman movie now, though I wouldn't want him to be the main bad guy.

Weadazoid said:
BOring..

Damn I really like some of Supermans Villains

Brainiac is a must
Parasite is a must
Bizzaro is a must

those are some great villains IMO

Those three are definately in my top 5 I'd have to say. Bizzaro is my favorite Superman villain and I'd love to see him incorporated in one of the sequels.

Metropolis_Man said:
Those three are definately in my top 5 I'd have to say. Bizzaro is my favorite Superman villain and I'd love to see him incorporated in one of the sequels.

Yeah I would love to see the backwards superman in film

Whatever happens darkside should be the villian in the very last superman movie, possibly the last two so it can set up a better feud.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Otewe2001
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"