Comics For Tomorrow???

charl_huntress said:
LOL...you just love Zod, Joker:)

edit:

Glad to see some more thoughts on FT btw.

well, Zod is always awesome :o

I avoided this and got For All Seasons instead.Glad I did.

I do like comics that aim for deeper meaning in the Superman mythos, and also like Supes stories with a darker tone (Kingdom Come.) But, for me at least, FT was edgy for the sake of edgy.

Superman: Idols said:
I do like comics that aim for deeper meaning in the Superman mythos, and also like Supes stories with a darker tone (Kingdom Come.) But, for me at least, FT was edgy for the sake of edgy.

Good call...it's like too much and it knows it trying to be too much. Azz had to know the religious symbolism was overboard, but he kept on with it. I don't care if The Father became the first OMAC...it's still too much. Plus, along with the symbolism I'm still confused over the timeline.

Has anyone figured out where that year fits into continuity because I still find problems:confused:

The Joker said:
well, Zod is always awesome :o

Yeppers...but if he's in the next movie...if there is one. I will hunt you down unto the Laughing Fish:) :spidey:

I hope he's in the next movie...I'd love to see him done right on film...he was the best part about Superman 2 back in the day, but he was still done too corny to really be considered the REAL Zod :o

For Tomorrow kicked ass. Anyone who disagrees has no taste and thus no longer deserves the right to think.

The Joker said:
I hope he's in the next movie...I'd love to see him done right on film...he was the best part about Superman 2 back in the day, but he was still done too corny to really be considered the REAL Zod :o

I understand what you mean. I too love Zod...but I hope Singer or whoever doesn't go that direction. I'd rather see in the final installment since I think he really deserves the full spotlight.

In FT though, I really enjoyed Zod. I didn't find the story that amazing, but I like how and when they brought Zod into play.

edit:

Wow Leaguer...I asked for your opinion on FT and got it. Thanks...I think :)

charl_huntress said:
Well...will you at least give me your thoughts on For Tomorrow?

:)
What do you want to know? Everything about it was brilliant. The dialogue, the characterization, the plot, the action, perfect.

My only qualm is that it probably would have worked better as a graphic novel rather than a serialized story, because the rate at which the plot progresses isn't quite conducive to the format in which it was originally published.

I agree that it should have been a graphic novel, Leaguer. The format and the pacing seemed better suited for it.

For Tomorrow was a hack job of a story. The dialog was horrible and the pace was terrible. Lee's art was the only saving grace. I think that's why it's become a prime example of krypto-revisionism. It's been such a short time and everything that happened has been forgoten or ignored.

You're wrong about most of that, but having it forgotton or ignored, regardless of the time, has no reflection on the quality of the story. It has to do with editoral and writer decision. If any part of the story was to blame for it being ignored, it's that it spanned a year that can't really fit into continuity. The destruction of the Fortress, which was a major moment in the story, has had long-lasting effects.

The Leaguer said:
You're wrong about most of that, but having it forgotton or ignored, regardless of the time, has no reflection on the quality of the story. It has to do with editoral and writer decision. If any part of the story was to blame for it being ignored, it's that it spanned a year that can't really fit into continuity. The destruction of the Fortress, which was a major moment in the story, has had long-lasting effects.
Except for the fact that everyone knows about the amazon Fortress and he now has an artic fortress again as well.

Oh and I'm not wrong...you just don't agree. There's a difference.

hmmmm

Cool enough premise for the story, and I actually found it enthralling that Supes would seek solace in a man of faith. Some of Kal-El's reflective monologues, especially when he's describing space, were just awesome. But as the second half of the story approached, I just felt it spiraling out of hand. I mean, the priest becomes half/man half machine and we see cloned versions of Clark and his parents? I don't know, it got lost for me...A+ on the artwork though.

Michael Corleone said:
Except for the fact that everyone knows about the amazon Fortress and he now has an artic fortress again as well.

Oh and I'm not wrong...you just don't agree. There's a difference.
Nah, you're just wrong.

What does the Amazon Fortress and the new Fortress have anything to do with counter-proof? They just cement what I said: For Tomorrow had lasting effects.

Finally. Looks like Vol. 2 is scheduled for December in TPB. They're also rereleasing a TPB of Vol. 1 in November. I wonder if that means they're just making more, or if it'll be a new edition.

What do you mean, a new edition? It's most assuredly just a complete reproduction of the first TPB.

Azzarello wrote Superman like Superman was a pretentious jerk.

Morgoth said:
Just read it yesterday, wow they really over did it with the religous overtones. Can people just get over that aspect of Superman, quit thinking of him as Moses or Jesus and just let him be Superman, man some people read way too much into stuff, Loeb said he wanted to use that aspect, well, it's been done before and it just isn't right, it feels uncomfortable when they do that. I just want to read a good story with one of my childhood heroes.

It's been in there since S&S created Suprman. Like it or not.

Morgoth said:
Just read it yesterday, wow they really over did it with the religous overtones. Can people just get over that aspect of Superman, quit thinking of him as Moses or Jesus and just let him be Superman, man some people read way too much into stuff, Loeb said he wanted to use that aspect, well, it's been done before and it just isn't right, it feels uncomfortable when they do that. I just want to read a good story with one of my childhood heroes.

People...need to re-read this post until their eye's cross and they are blind:super: :super: :super: :super:

I just read Kingdom Come, wow they really over did it with the heroic overtones. Can people just get over that aspect of Superman, quit thinking of him as a hero or a savior and just let him be Superman. I'm tired of him saving people. He's just a guy who flies around. Jeez. Talk about over-doing a theme.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
osayi
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"