Comics For Tomorrow???

charl_huntress

Avenger
Reaction score
I'm wondering if people who have read this will comment on what they like or dislike about it? Also, did you "get it" the second time around, either when you read it in trade (that is if you bought it:) ) or just re-read it for poops and grin?

I hear a lot of people express a lot of...frustrations and disappointment with this arc. Strangely enough, some of the same complaints are leveled at SR but not reacted to as strongly by fans...not sure why exactly. So, I'd thought I'd ask the purely comic fans about a story that seems...sort of similar in tone and scope to SR.

FT is not that old, and still pretty memorable even if you dislike it for probably the artwork and visually stunning wowness of it all. I actually liked it, but I didn't when I read it the first time. I think it would have been better as graphic novel out of continuity since FT really played havoc with continuity, which is also another complaint leveled against the story. Some dialogue needed to be cut...and I didn't like all that religious symbolism...but the second time around I did like the story better.

What's your thoughts on FT?

I didnt like it, except for Zod, because I always love Zod...the rest of it was just Superman whining like a little b**ch, which is how Azzraello makes all super heros act from what I've read of him (this and Batman: Broken City)

I bought part one last week, but haven't gotten around to reading it yet.

So...the story did nothing for you?

I'm trying to figure out why. I liked the story the second time around because it was emotional...in a way. However, man...it sooooo dragged ass and the payoff was kind of lame. It felt like it needed to be absorbed, but I did actually get something from it during the second go around.

I guess for me...I just hated all the religious symbolism. I hate that in any Superman story...including Singer's :)

charl_huntress said:
I guess for me...I just hated all the religious symbolism. I hate that in any Superman story...including Singer's :)

060630.jpg

that's all I have to say about "religous symbolism" in singers superman :o

Hahahahah...I LOVE you, JOKER!!!!!

OMG...lol...LMAO.

Man, that's exactly how I feel.

charl_huntress said:
Hahahahah...I LOVE you, JOKER!!!!!

OMG...lol...LMAO.

Man, that's exactly how I feel.
I think that's the most obsessive post I've ever seen in my life.

The Leaguer said:
I think that's the most obsessive post I've ever seen in my life.

Hmmm...came back to this thread and see this. What exactly am I obsessing about?

A post I made 20 days ago. Come back to the present.

The Leaguer said:
A post I made 20 days ago. Come back to the present.

lol...I was on hiatus. I just ended up reading another thread and looking over this one. I was curious as to what you were talking about?

Just read it yesterday, wow they really over did it with the religous overtones. Can people just get over that aspect of Superman, quit thinking of him as Moses or Jesus and just let him be Superman, man some people read way too much into stuff, Loeb said he wanted to use that aspect, well, it's been done before and it just isn't right, it feels uncomfortable when they do that. I just want to read a good story with one of my childhood heroes.

Morgoth said:
Just read it yesterday, wow they really over did it with the religous overtones. Can people just get over that aspect of Superman, quit thinking of him as Moses or Jesus and just let him be Superman, man some people read way too much into stuff, Loeb said he wanted to use that aspect, well, it's been done before and it just isn't right, it feels uncomfortable when they do that. I just want to read a good story with one of my childhood heroes.

Loeb didn't write "For Tomorrow". That was Brian Azzrello.

For Tomorrow was a bit too much alright...a bit too much total crap! ha ha, sick burn!

What i didnt like about for tomorrow was the fact that that homemade cyborg mercenary/assassin , Equus, kept making superman bleed, and the fights, while good fights, should not have been. I mean, a cyborg made of earth materials should not be able to do to Superman what Equus did to Superman. Plus the story was a little to dark and got going good then kinda let down towards the end.

Yeah when they go down that path of painting him to be like Christ (whether it's in comics or in movies like SR) they just go down hill whether in sales or quality...

the only good thing was Zod, he's always awesome

The Joker said:
the only good thing was Zod, he's always awesome

LOL...you just love Zod, Joker:)

edit:

Glad to see some more thoughts on FT btw.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"