• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Age of Extinction Frank Welker for Soundwave?

Chris B

Sidekick
Reaction score
I know that there have been some voice acting threads where people have advocated this, but I thought it would be interesting to see a poll on how the TF fans on the Hype as a whole view this.

For me, it is a resounding yes. Much like Peter Cullen did, I believe that Frank Welker is one of the original VA's from the original series that deserves to have a role in the film franchise. I've said before in the TF1 forum that I feel that there wasn't any reason not to cast him as Megatron in the first film, but Bay should definately allow him to reprise his other most iconic role in TF2, IMO.

Hell yes, even though his voice drastically changed with the synthesizer it would still be a nice nod to the fans much like how Cullen was in TF1. I still want to see Cory Burton back as well though.

I'm all for the original Soundwave.

Frank Welker should have been the voice for Megatron.

I agree. The fact that he didn't get to reprise the role was a low point for the first film, though Weaving didn't do a bad job. Still, here's hoping that he at least gets to reprise his other iconic TF role.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ritayo
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"