• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

Transformers Frank Welker for Starscream!

Master Blaster

Sidekick
Reaction score
First, let me start by saying that I'm not mad at them for choosing Hugo Weaving for Megatron. I know that this film is not supposed to be a completely faithful remake of G1. I know that they are trying to shake things up and make this movie different from previous versions of the Transformers. And I'm sure Hugo Weaving will be great and put a new spin on Megatron's character. But still, I think it just won't be the same without Frank Welker. That's why I think that since Chris Latta has passed on and won't be able to reprise the role of Starscream, why don't they give it Frank? I think it would be great if he could carry on the good work that Chris did with Starscream in the original series by taking over his role in this film. Does anyone here agree with me?

Nah keep Welker on reserve for Soundwave in Transformers 2.

What you got against Welker anyways?

nothin... for the cartoon.

after hearing his optimus voice audition or w/e it sounded too cartoonish.
between a great actor LIKE hugo or welker... i choose the good actor.

Hugo is a great actor

Welker is a great VOICE actor

recognize the difference and quit blasting on gen1

I sorta kinda joked on another TF board that they should at least let Welker be Barricade. I guess that's not really a joke, cause why not? He's got a few lines, and Welker can make him sound raspy and evil as hell.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TheCat
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"