Transformers Frank Welker to sign as the voice of Megatron soon

No welker? :(

Quote - Frank Welker
"I am not really sure what's happening with the "Transformer" movie other than my talented friend Peter Cullen has been cast. Presently, I have not been offered any roles. They are doing a new series based on our old shows which neither Peter nor I were cast. I think Corey Burton is playing the new Megatron. He is a wonderful voice talent and a great guy, so it's nice to be replaced by folks you like at any rate."

http://www.seibertron.com/news/view.php?id=9370

Good news about Corey Burton though :up: Shockwave lives on :D

Bad bad news. I wouldn't be surprised if ya'll have been duped and Peter Cullen himself isn't "Optimus Prime" but rather has a cameo in the movie in some form.

they say the post was old at tfw2005 so who knows

It is old.

www.mkbmemorial.com/FWHp/fwhp_Q-and-A.html - 9k

Are you going to do any voices in the upcoming live-action TRANSFORMERS movie?
I am not really sure what's happening with the "Transformer" movie other than my talented friend Peter Cullen has been cast. Presently, I have not been offered any roles. They are doing a new series based on our old shows which neither Peter nor I were cast. I think Corey Burton is playing the new Megatron. He is a wonderful voice talent and a great guy, so it's nice to be replaced by folks you like at any rate.

Happy Holidays!

Frank (12/8/2006 9:49:54 PM PST)

It looks like IMDb has Welker cast as Megatron in the film. Any hopes of Dan Gilvezan returning as Bumblebee?

It looks like IMDb has Welker cast as Megatron in the film. Any hopes of Dan Gilvezan returning as Bumblebee?

Said it before and I'll say it again: Tobey Maguire should be Bumblebee. It'd be poetic.

Sadly, Bumblebee is mute in the entire movie.

Well apart from those few words (old script). They'll probably just ask the janitor.

Said it before and I'll say it again: Tobey Maguire should be Bumblebee. It'd be poetic.

Sadly, Bumblebee is mute in the entire movie.

i read that he does speak at the end of the movie..
kinda like darth vader did in SW3.... tobey is doing spiderman

Bad bad news. I wouldn't be surprised if ya'll have been duped and Peter Cullen himself isn't "Optimus Prime" but rather has a cameo in the movie in some form.

Peter Cullen...Production Assistant. What's the difference?

he is the voice of prime... rotten tomato and imdb have it listed

HE-MAN "Frank (12/8/2006 9:49:54 PM PST)"

that isn't that old, I'm sad and worried :(

zanos "Peter Cullen...Production Assistant. What's the difference?"

Funny

Is it safe at this point to assume that Welker will NOT be Megatron..?

I think the chances went from about 90% to about 20% at this point.

Doesn't Megatron just growl anyway?

Pretty much. They should just get Spielberg to give them the T-Rex roars from Jurassic Park to use.

if i find out anything on seibertron i'll pass it on

The whole Welker thing has died on its arse.

At this point I no longer really give a crap either, but I still would like Welker to get the part. Just having him opposite Cullen would rock, regardless of the boogeyman design and 3 lines.

I still dont know why its taking so long, Cullen was snapped up in no time. The longer it takes to get Welker the less chance we have of hearing him in the movie.

Well, as Bay said in that MTV thing, they are dealing with getting the voices "next". So I guess they just haven't really tried yet, or Welker really is being a hard sell.

you forget frank is also doing the voice of nibbler in the futurama movie

from seibertron

Wednesday, February 21st, 2007 4:53PM CST

Frank Welker has answered more questions about the upcoming Transformers Movie on his website. Most of the questions are about the character Megatron. Welker revealed some interesting information. The first of which is he has not been offered any roles but voice casting for the movie is not done yet. The second is that he is still in the running to play Megatron in the Transformers Movie. Here are the questions with Welker's answers:

"Regarding Transformers the Movie 2 (2007), everyone says you're in it, even IMDb Pro: Transformers: Main Details » Frank Welker ... Megatron (voice). I'm so confused, are you or aren't you in it? I've also attached a few fan letters for you to answer when you have some free time. You're the best! Thanks!

Doreen (2/1/2007 4:36:37 PM PST)

Hey Dor ... As you can see by my responses [below], everything you've read at this point has been rumor and misinformation. As of this moment, to my knowledge, they have not cast Megatron and I am still very much in the running.

Frank (2/20/2007 7:51:59 AM PST)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello, Mr. Welker!

You have done a great job voicing Megatron in the G1 Transformers series. I know that Peter Cullen is going to voice Optimus Prime in the new live-action movie. Are you going to participate in it? [snip] I would like to contact Peter Cullen. Do you know how?

Sincerely,
Omeed Mirhakkak

Dear Omeed,

Thanks, I really enjoyed doing that voice and playing a villain for a change. I know I have been asked a lot about the movie, but at the present time I have not been offered any roles. That doesn't mean it's final, they are still doing voice casting. Peter Cullen is a hard man to track down, you might try some of the "Transformer" sites and see if you can get a message to him.

Frank"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"