World Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Man #7 MAJOR SPOILERS SHOCKING RETURN

I just read it today, and the way the main story is written( the mexican wrestler thing) it seems like PAD doesn't like the totem crap.

Okay.. First- why did we need this Mexican wrestler story? Spidey has plenty of enemies far more interesting than these. I mean PAD came up with an interesting character with the machine guy from issue #1 whose name escapes me at the moment. But the wrestlers were pretty weak, and it appears PAD intneds to bring them back.

Second, the whole deal with Ben. I am curious about how PAD intends to handle this, and I hope it's better than what he's done with Flash, or I'll lose whatever respect I have left for his writing skills. Ben must know about his death in this reality, or else his reaction to seeing the love of his life- the woman he died to protect (To bad place with JMS' spin) with another man would be far different from what we saw.

What's the deal with Ben returning? I'm really not enjoying the repercussions of The Other. Magic shouldn't be invovled in Spider-Man. It's always been about the science and human nature. Now we have to deal with a mystical line of Spider-men and whatnot. How will they fix this mess?

Okay, another reason to stop reading the titles. This is getting out of hand again. Reminds me of the revamp days post-Clone Saga Ben Reilly.

What's next Harry Osborn returns from the dead and becomes a heroic Green Goblin?

TwilightPro101 said:
What's next Harry Osborn returns from the dead and becomes a heroic Green Goblin?

Seeing as Harry is still a focal point in the movies, I have no doubt that we'll see a "Harry ressurection" by 2007.

:(

Dragon said:
Okay.. First- why did we need this Mexican wrestler story? Spidey has plenty of enemies far more interesting than these. I mean PAD came up with an interesting character with the machine guy from issue #1 whose name escapes me at the moment. But the wrestlers were pretty weak, and it appears PAD intneds to bring them back.

Well, I think the wrestler story was a way to perhaps introduce El Mueurto (sic) to the Marvel Universe... characters like these are hit or miss... remember Moon Knight? Anyway, through the years, we get new characters that last or they don't... Ned Leeds, the Rocket Racer, Mrs. Muggins, Marcy Kane, Debra Whitman, etc... all characters that were introduced into the Spidey mythos that either took off or disappeared. While I would like to see an old familiar nemesis for Spidey to tackle, I'm not going to fault PAD for introducing a new character in a two-part arc. At least it gave us a reason to fix Millar's John Jameson/Spidey thing, and we get to see Robbie again as well.

Dragon said:
Second, the whole deal with Ben. I am curious about how PAD intends to handle this, and I hope it's better than what he's done with Flash, or I'll lose whatever respect I have left for his writing skills. Ben must know about his death in this reality, or else his reaction to seeing the love of his life- the woman he died to protect (To bad place with JMS' spin) with another man would be far different from what we saw.

I'm not too impressed with the Ben deal as well, but all I know is that he shows up through a restaurent window for a brief second. Unless I see it in print, anything that I read/hear about on the Internet is speculation. As it stated in the letter pages, we'll get to see something about "blah blah what would have happened if Ben didn't die blah blah..." which leads me to believe that Peter will have to let Ben die (again) if things are to be normal.

The concept of such a story is cool, but it's coming at the wrong time in the Spidey mythos. The fans are still dealing with things like Sins Past, The Other, and all the other nonsense that's been in print the last few years that this type of tale just reeks of "Oh no... here we go again". I would rather have a few old-fashioned Spidey yarns, and perhaps some conclusions to all the crap, and THEN ... maybe this Uncle Ben story could have been told.

But what do I know...

:confused: :confused: :confused:

:(

shinlyle said:
Look: If it looks like a turd, it smells like a turd, and it feels like a turd, then you shouldn't have to taste the damn thing to know it's a turd.

Simple as that.

Excellent, I'm going to work that phrase into my many phrases and philosohies on life :)

I thought this was a pretty good issue. I liked the action, and the art wasn't too bad. They talked a lot about the Totem theory behind Spidey's powers, and I'm glad that they didn't further cement it.

So the Uncle Ben's back sweepstakes begins....hopefully it's not the actual Uncle Ben. If it is....there is no god.

I'm hoping this isn't what it seems. It could all be in May's head...or maybe the guy looks like Uncle Ben...or May had one too many cosmopolitans. Anything other than what it looks like.

The soliticitations at the back of the issue seemed to hype it up though. Of course, that's the purpose behind them.

*fingers crossed*

boy, they are getting desperate over at marvel.

Mister J said:
I'm hoping this isn't what it seems. It could all be in May's head...or maybe the guy looks like Uncle Ben...or May had one too many cosmopolitans. Anything other than what it looks like.

That's the impression I got from the story. Of course, the letters page says otherwise, but there you go.

Gregatron said:
That's the PLAN, obviously. To utterly destroy Marvel Universe Spidey in order to force people jump to Ultimate Spider-Man.

If all goes well, 50 years from now, historians will say that Spider-Man was created by Bendis and Bagley.

"Stan" who?

"Ditko"? What kinda name is that? Some shlub I never heard of...

>shudder<

I can only hope Uncle Ben coming back is false. Personally, I enjoyed the Winter Soldier arc but...........Uncle Ben?.........Thats just too much!

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"