World Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Man #8 Preview (spoilers)

stillanerd said:
Speaking of What If, I assume that PAD is taking inspiration from the
First "What If Ben Parker had lived" issue and not the more recent version.

There was two of them?? :eek:
....*collapses in heap*

:
Symbiotica said:
.... I wonder how many times we can see this scenario re-used in a 5-year period :) [returns from the dead, that is.] I'm going to go out on a limb and say, ten times.

The sad thing is, that is probably a low guesstimate.

Just picked up the new Wizard and Quesada said he wanted the old supporting characters back, and rattled off Flash Thompson, Harry Osborn, Gwen Stacy and Uncle Ben.

I wanted to scream. :( :down :mad:

Demogoblin said:
:

Just picked up the new Wizard and Quesada said he wanted the old supporting characters back, and rattled off Flash Thompson, Harry Osborn, Gwen Stacy and Uncle Ben.

I'm begging you to tell me either

1) You're joking
2) Quesada was joking and this was evident in how he worded the response...

WhatIfTales said:
I'm begging you to tell me either

1) You're joking
2) Quesada was joking and this was evident in how he worded the response...

Joe Q: "His cast is gone. Harry Osborns dead. Flash is in a coma. Gwen was killed. I would liketo see him have a cast like the old gang."
JMS: "If we opened up the toy box and just said, "Pick someone that was always around and bring them back" obviously Flash is off the map, Harry too. Gwen would be great. But thats not possible at this point."

I swear, its in Wizard 176, page 59.

Demogoblin said:
Joe Q: "His cast is gone. Harry Osborns dead. Flash is in a coma. Gwen was killed. I would liketo see him have a cast like the old gang."
JMS: "If we opened up the toy box and just said, "Pick someone that was always around and bring them back" obviously Flash is off the map, Harry too. Gwen would be great. But thats not possible at this point."

Gee. And whose fault was that I wonder? If you knew his lack of a supporting cast was a problem Joe Q and JMS, why didn't you try and rectify that? Jeez, to paraphrase Tim Robbins in the Shawshank Redemption, "How can they be so obstuse. Is it deliberate?"

Demogoblin said:
:

WHAT?!

The man is insane! Please tell me you're joking. I didn't think Quesada could get any worse (and that's really pushing it), does this man not know anything about Spider-man?

I have always said they bring back Harry or Gwen on a full time basis, I am done. I stick with that, but hope they never actually force me into it.

The characters are great to remember but theres no way they shoudl come back. I wish just for once they'd start using that supposed "talent" they were hired for to actually create new supporting characters that we could enjoy reading about.

Demogoblin said:

I think we might be going a little of the cliff here. He did say he would "like see a cast LIKE the old gang" not "i would like to see the old gang back."

i know its the popular thing to do to trash Joe Q and JMS, but don't put words in their mouths. And according to that quote JMS is clearly saying that bringing back Flash, Harry and Gwen would be great but not possible.

sure, just the thought is a bit disturbing but thats not what they said.

and just for the record, i am neither opposing or defending them. i am just stating what was said.

OtepApe said:
WHAT?!

The man is insane! Please tell me you're joking. I didn't think Quesada could get any worse (and that's really pushing it), does this man not know anything about Spider-man?

I have always said they bring back Harry or Gwen on a full time basis, I am done. I stick with that, but hope they never actually force me into it.

Okay....that does it. He needs to go. One way or another, he has to get the hell out of here. He wants back 3 dead characters? Does he even read Spider-Man?!?! What a f***-tard!!!

Joey Q and JMS need to just start mixing household chemicals and drinking them until they feel smarter. It's the only way to save the wonderful world of Comic Book Fiction from these imbeciles at large.

Demogoblin said:

Oh....it says that he "WANTS" them back...not that he intends to BRING them back.

Still, the fact that this is what he wants is enough to maek me angry and arouse my suspicions...

This issue looks pretty poor. Not as bad as the Mexican wrestler ones but still. Its like all the books are a what if right now.

Dragon said:
All of the crappy plot lines will be blamed on criss-crossing timelines. So what I guess,that it's totally unoriginal because of the DC's various Crisis/Zero Hour events.

Still not a great way of handling all of this, at least not for Spidey and probably another crash & burn. But I'll continue to watch and wait for Spidey to unsuck.

Yep, and that "watching and waiting" will not involve "buying" as far as I'm concerned.
(Besides Sensational and possibly Unlimited that is.)

I think the most recent Twisted Toyfare summed it up best:

Spidey (reading a script for "The Other"): According to my script I have to go stab a vampire with my claws and eat his face.

Wolverine: Uh, I think maybe we switched scripts.

Spidey: God, I hope so.

The Lizard said:
Yep, and that "watching and waiting" will not involve "buying" as far as I'm concerned.

Spidey (reading a script for "The Other"): According to my script I have to go stab a vampire with my claws and eat his face.

Dude....that's awesome!! :up:

The Lizard said:

Lol thats great!

shinlyle said:
Oh....it says that he "WANTS" them back...not that he intends to BRING them back.
Very true.

Still, the fact that this is what he wants is enough to make me angry and arouse my suspicions...

And thats what I was getting at. The fact that the idea has crossed his mind is what worries me.

I hate to say it, but I'm disappointed in Peter David. I thought this would be the best of the Spider-Man books post-Other but that doesn't seem to be the case.

Demogoblin said:
Very true.

And thats what I was getting at. The fact that the idea has crossed his mind is what worries me.

Right there with you, man. :up:

The thing is, I think Joe Q. has it in his littl emind that ANY idea he has is gold, instead of weeding through the ideas and only going with the GOOD ones. He needs to remember that, what may seem like a good idea to him, isn't neccesarily a good idea to everyone(or anyone) else.

You know last year I read an interview in Wizard w/ Joe Q and he stated that the EIC of Marvel has in the past upon leaving the position (bar Stan Lee), always seemed to leave a bad taste in the mouth of his work collegaes and the fans.

At one stage in his carear, about 4 years ago Quesada could do no wrong, and look at his sorry ass today. He could have retired liked, but I reckon Spider-man fans have got more than enuf reason to hate him more than anyone else ever involved w/ the character bar JMS.

Yeah, he was just fine at th' start but somewhere along th' line he lost his sensibilities. Too long out of th' bullpen, I think.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"