Comics Spider-Man in April

Well, Im getting ASM, FNSM, SSM, and USM.

I quit Spider-girl after the relaunch cuz i needed to cut a title, I kinda wish I hadn't but its better this way for my wallet...

I think Aunt May should bite the dust. As much as I like her, she should have stayed dead.

Anyway, 'Back In Black' spans how many issues? And Sensational is suddenly into Clone Saga again? Spider-Man doppelgangers?

Well, Im getting ASM, FNSM, SSM, and USM.

I quit Spider-girl after the relaunch cuz i needed to cut a title, I kinda wish I hadn't but its better this way for my wallet...

You cut Spider-girl but stuck with Evil Uncle Ben? :csad:

*shoots self*

I think Aunt May should bite the dust. As much as I like her, she should have stayed dead.

Anyway, 'Back In Black' spans how many issues? And Sensational is suddenly into Clone Saga again? Spider-Man doppelgangers?

It's probably those six armed dealies from Maximum Carnage

This Back in Black event can't disappoint too much. I mean, after everything Spidey's been through, killing off a character still doesn't compare to the Other, so I guess I'm in for ASM. As always, anything related to USM or anything with Venom is on my list.

You cut Spider-girl but stuck with Evil Uncle Ben? :csad:

*shoots self*

The mysterio / vulture arks more than made up for that.

Besides I'm a 616 Spider-man collector. I collected 616 Spider-man back in the 90s for 7 years before even venturing to another title. If I drop one of those books, I might as well stop reading comics all together. Its just something I have to do....

I really can't wait for Back In Black. Hopefully Spidey gets mean, starts dishing out beatings to those who've wronged him, left right and center.

But I am curious, how is he going to get the symbiote back, especially with Gargan over in Thunderbolts? unless it's not actually the symbiote. I have no clue.

Well at least they're not treating us like we weren't already certain it was goodbye MJ/Aunt May

Personally, thinking Aunt May's gonna bite it for good this time. There was that thing about her Mum's death in The Other (shudders) plus maybe JQ's recent marriage hate was all to do with leading us away from thinking t'was May who'd die.

Can't say I'm anticipating SSM's story but by god that cover is the most beautiful thing I've ever laid eyes on.

FNSM could be great it the murderous Uncle Ben thing wasn't in there.

SM/FF, hell yes if this is anything like Spider-man/Human Torch it'll be ace.

Won't bother with Spider-man Family

I laugh at Bendis putting Ronin in USM, the character's had 3 616 issues and Bendis may well over take that number in the Ultimate Universe, silly man.

I really can't wait for Back In Black. Hopefully Spidey gets mean, starts dishing out beatings to those who've wronged him, left right and center.

But I am curious, how is he going to get the symbiote back, especially with Gargan over in Thunderbolts? unless it's not actually the symbiote. I have no clue.

I doubt it is, what with being a fugetive, I imagine that he'll take up the black costume again just to stay more stealth in the cover of dark is all.

Does Spider-Man still wear the IronSpidey costume IM made for him?
I remember it could change to the original, and black costumes as well.

Does Spider-Man still wear the IronSpidey costume IM made for him?
I remember it could change to the original, and black costumes as well.

Nope. Aunt May gave him his red & blue costume after he left Stark Tower(last issue of ASM, I think). The Stark armor was pretty much trashed after the fight in CW#5(who wants to bet we see someone else wearing it in the future...anyone?).

Nope. Aunt May gave him his red & blue costume after he left Stark Tower(last issue of ASM, I think). The Stark armor was pretty much trashed after the fight in CW#5(who wants to bet we see someone else wearing it in the future...anyone?).

*cough* Flash Thompson *cough*

SENSAT037.jpg

SENSATIONAL SPIDER-MAN #37
Written by ROBERTO AGUIRRE-SACASA
Pencils by RAMON BACHS
Cover by CLAYTON CRAIN
While the Black Cat tries to wrangle the remaining Spidey doppelgangers let loose upon the city of New York, Spider-Man confronts their "father," the insane Calvin Zabo--and his monstrous alter ego Mr. Hyde--in his subterranean stronghold. At stake are not only the lives of the homeless youths Zabo kidnapped, but also the life of one of Peter Parker's students, Jordan Harrison, who is mutating into something...inhuman!
32 PGS./Rated A …$2.99

Thats the best artwork I've seen of the black suit in a good long while.

I have never read Sensational before. Are the artworks as good as the cover?

Oh yeah, i'm going to have to check out some of these titles.

Venom story sounds interesting, and Sensational...not too pleased with much of anything esle. Maybe Spidey loves MJ and the Scott Campbell stuff...and the posters...ramblerambleramble...

I think that was confirmed when they had Spidey unmask in the first place.....but who knows...have to wait and see I guess

Well, not officially...we just had a good idea that something bad was going to happen.

But now we pretty much have definite confirmation, unless "A sniper's bullet changes everything" means that Pete is going to have to pay to replace the motel's window, and then loves it so much he decides to become a carpenter or something.

Which, really, would be almost as lame.

Whaaat?!? Those are pretty nice covers IMO. I guess each their own. I don't know about the contents but those covers are hot. I'd take those as posters any day.
The problem with his covers is twofold for me. The more superficial part of it is it just doesn't look very finished to me. It looks like he took a pencil and scribbled in the color and whatnot. Granted, that could be the colorist and/or inkers fault, but if it is, Garney should get the hell away from them.

Secondly, his post CW covers really don't show...anything. So far it's just been straight on pictures of Spider-Man in a black costume. To continually just draw one character and really nothing else is never a good idea. Even Alex Ross is being criticized for doing something similar with his JSA covers.
I'm gunna have to dissagree with you there.
I think Garney is great on Spider-Man.
I was talking about his cover work, not his interiors.

Il be buying SSM & FNSM as usual.

ASM is looking really turd these days, that cover sucks too.

Sensational- Mr Hyde! cool, I just wish Angel Medina could do more than one or two issues in sequence. FNSM is much better these days, it seems PAD has finally started writing arcs of consistent quality.
The Vulture arc being my fav thus far, I hope the momentum continues to build sufficiently w/ this Sandman ap.

I'm gonna get them all, they've got my attention, they better be worth it, or I'm gonna cuss.

Wow....lotta new stuff comin out....hope I can have the $$$ to buy it all!

Wow marvel. Manipulate readers for the new movie much? I mean, Sandman and Spidey in a Black Suit? Plus more Venom tie ins? All before this in th SM 3 movie? ...

You weren't expecting it? :huh: This is some kind of huge surprise? :huh:

What did they do when Spider-Man 2 came out? We got a butt load of Doctor Octopus stories.

What did they do when the FIRST Spider-Man came out? We got a butt load of Green Goblin stories.

Get over it. Seriously.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"