Frog-Man/Misfits mini-series by Kirkman

FrogMan

Civilian
Reaction score
Okay, there actually isn't one in the works, but how many of you would like to see this? My "Enough is enough!!!!" thread over on newsarama reminded me of an old issue of Marvel Age that had a fake team picture of the Misfits, which contained Frog-Man and Squirrel Girl as team members. I don't remember who else was on the team (can anybody help me with this, or post a scan of the picture if you have that particular issue of MA?). I think Toad MAY have been on there, and Road-Hog/Pig (from the She-Hulk series, the guy who was in the recent 100 page issue), as well as Captain Ultra.

Anyway, I think a new miniseries would be awesome. It could have Frog-Man and Steel Spider, two founding members of the original Misfits team, now a little older and more experienced trying to put a new team together.

My ideal roster would be:

Frog-Man
Steel Spider
Slapstick
Squirrel Girl (on loan from GLX, just for the mini)
Road-Hog

And maybe a new female character, created just for the mini series.

Anybody else think this is a good idea? Get Kirkman or Dan Slott to write it?

What team would you like to see? Keep in mind that both Frog-Man and Steel Spider SHOULD definitely be on the roster, as they are the only two original members who are still good guys. (Toad being the other member, but he's gone bad again.)

Edit: Road Hog should be Razorback.

....if it's Kirkman I'll give it a shot....depending on the art. If it's Slott I am all over it.

Roughneck said:
....if it's Kirkman I'll give it a shot....depending on the art. If it's Slott I am all over it.

That avatar of yours is making me laugh in seizure fits!!!!:up:

Finally somebody who agrees with me. I think Kirkman would do an awesome job on this as a mini. Or Dan Slott as well.

BRING BACK THE MISFITS!!

Heck I'd settle for a guest appearance in Spider-Man (or any other comic for that matter.)

FrogMan said:
Okay, there actually isn't one in the works, but how many of you would like to see this? My "Enough is enough!!!!" thread over on newsarama reminded me of an old issue of Marvel Age that had a fake team picture of the Misfits, which contained Frog-Man and Squirrel Girl as team members. I don't remember who else was on the team (can anybody help me with this, or post a scan of the picture if you have that particular issue of MA?). I think Toad MAY have been on there, and Road-Hog/Pig (from the She-Hulk series, the guy who was in the recent 100 page issue), as well as Captain Ultra.

Anyway, I think a new miniseries would be awesome. It could have Frog-Man and Steel Spider, two founding members of the original Misfits team, now a little older and more experienced trying to put a new team together.

My ideal roster would be:

Frog-Man
Steel Spider
Slapstick
Squirrel Girl (on loan from GLX, just for the mini)
Road-Hog

And maybe a new female character, created just for the mini series.

Anybody else think this is a good idea? Get Kirkman or Dan Slott to write it?

What team would you like to see? Keep in mind that both Frog-Man and Steel Spider SHOULD definitely be on the roster, as they are the only two original members who are still good guys. (Toad being the other member, but he's gone bad again.)

Edit: Road Hog should be Razorback.

Call me crazy but yeah!

I've had plans fer Steel Spider myself, so yeah. Though I think it's more suited fer Slott's style.

I should let Slott know about this. See if he likes the idea.

I'll buy it. I would like to see Toad, Frogman, Squirrel Girl and Steel-Spider again. I remember when the Misfits first formed. I think it was in Amazing Spider-Man #266 or 262 or 366. something with 6's in it.

YEs, I still think this would be a good idea.

Come on Marvel!!!!!!

I'm not particularly attached to any of the characters, so it'd depend on the writer. I'd buy it if Slott were writing it but not if Kirkman were.

The misfits formed in an issue of Spider-Man, Amazing I think, when Spider-Man saved Mortimor Tonabee (sp) from a suicide attempt (yeah he jumped), and he and Frogman and Steel Spider all tried to be Spider-Man's sidekick. Spider-Man finally had to tell them off, and he called them misfits and they decided to form their own group and called it the Misfits.

Yeah that was a fun issue.

We need more stuff like that from Marvel these days. GLA was a step in the right direction.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"