From what franchise will Marvel TDK born?

chiefchirpa

Haaa-rooooooo
Reaction score
Watched The Dark Knight and it's nothing but spectacular. I will not put spoiler in here but let just say it's more of a thriller-drama than a superhero exposition where the hero flies or shoots laser from his palm. So who are among the numerous Marvel franchises will have films more similar to TDK than your average superhero movie?

The candidates most probably are:
1. Captain America
2. Daredevil
3. The Punisher
4. Moon Knight
5. Black Panther
and many more. But what do you think will be the best one?

Watched The Dark Knight and it's nothing but spectacular. I will not put spoiler in here but let just say it's more of a thriller-drama than a superhero exposition where the hero flies or shoots laser from his palm. So who are among the numerous Marvel franchises will have films more similar to TDK than your average superhero movie?

The candidates most probably are:
1. Captain America
2. Daredevil
3. The Punisher
4. Moon Knight
5. Black Panther
and many more. But what do you think will be the best one?

Out of those guys I would say only BlackPanther.

I was thinking about why Dark Knight stood out so much and why it was soo much more different than the other superhero movies and I realized it's because there AREN'T any lazers or hear vision or flight. it was realistic so I'd say that Black Panther and Captain America are gonna be Marvel's TDK

Captain America: He's a huge name, and has tons of potential to be used in artistic ways instead of just as a bang bang explosion popcorn flick. The tale of a man trying to reconcile being a symbol and being a man simultaneously is a very compelling tale imo.

Black Panther could also be used in great ways; a film about a small african kingdom trying to survive in a time of great western imperialism. Critics will eat it up.

The potential lies firstly with Captain America, but it probably won't be realized.

Black Panther could be very interesting, so long as they have the balls to do something different. Part of me envisions Terrence Malick on The Black Panther. It would never happen, but it would ceretainly be interesting.

Black Panther

Moon Knight

Punisher

Punisher is the only one that has to be done in reality. But still in the Marvel Universe though.

Moon Knight would have to be done as a horror/action film.

I always believed BP movies would work a whole lot better if some film makers make them in a very serious dark tone like the new Batman films.

I was thinking about why Dark Knight stood out so much and why it was soo much more different than the other superhero movies and I realized it's because there AREN'T any lazers or hear vision or flight. it was realistic so I'd say that Black Panther and Captain America are gonna be Marvel's TDK

A superhero movie can be done realisticly. (Batman was just a hero cause he didn't have any powers.) In the movie Unbreakable Bruce Willis had powers like superstrength and psychic abilities but the movie was still realistic and stood out from other Superhero movies.

I would choose Spider-Man 4, but since it's not on that list, I'll choose Captain America. :up:

Spider-Man movie can't be like TDK.

Why, it's because Spider-Man himself. A movie about a man who can crawl the ceiling and has super agility can't erase the fact that it's a superhero fantasy movie. The same thing on movies about Superman, Iron Man, Green Lantern, Hulk, etc.

I am leaning toward the Punisher and Moon Knight.

Realism has nothing to do with TDK's success. At all. It's not even that realistic, with some of those gadgets he gets. Not to mention
Two-Face. There's nothing realistic about that scarring

The movie's succesful because it's less of a superhero movie and more of a crime drama about a superhero. The tone is more adult, and the plot is more complex and layered than the traditional comic book movie structure. Also, amazing performances by the entire cast. It's also based on one of the most iconic pop culture characters ever.

Captain America might be able to do it. Just as TDK was unique in being a crime drama more similar to movies like Heat rather than movies like Spider-Man, Captain America could set itself apart by taking place during WWII and being largely a war movie.

I've been thinking, do you guys think Punisher: War Zone could be just as successful as TDK and maybe even one of the Spidey films? (as I have said, the Spidey films are my all time favorite comic book films and I think they are the best films that I've ever seen. Not to mention that they grossed a TON of money.) I mean, the film really sounds like it's staying true to the MAX comics and it could be as realistic as the Spidey films and TDK were. Either way though, I really think it'll be as good as Iron Man or something and I'm really looking foward to it.

DD could be brought back to life in the ilk of TDK...

Realism has nothing to do with TDK's success. At all. It's not even that realistic, with some of those gadgets he gets. Not to mention
Two-Face. There's nothing realistic about that scarring

The movie's succesful because it's less of a superhero movie and more of a crime drama about a superhero. The tone is more adult, and the plot is more complex and layered than the traditional comic book movie structure. Also, amazing performances by the entire cast. It's also based on one of the most iconic pop culture characters ever.

Captain America might be able to do it. Just as TDK was unique in being a crime drama more similar to movies like Heat rather than movies like Spider-Man, Captain America could set itself apart by taking place during WWII and being largely a war movie.

Exactly. People are missing the point of why TDK is so amazing; it's not cause it's ultra realistic, it's because it aspires to be a film more than just a popcorn flick.

Captain America could do just that. There's so many real issues that Captain America can touch on; Steve Rogers was born in 1922, the son of Irish immigrants. His father was an abusive drinker who died when he was a child, his mother died when he was a young adult. He grew up during the depression.

There's so many real substantial things in that story that could really resonate with people. It could be like Cinderella Man (one of the best movies I've seen about overcoming the great depression) meets Saving Private Ryan.

Then in the early 40s, as Captain America, Steve Rogers has to constantly balance being a human being and being a symbol. They could show the constant struggle of a young man who tries not to get lost in the costume, and tries to stand for what America is supposed to stand for even when the U.S. government won't.

Exactly. People are missing the point of why TDK is so amazing; it's not cause it's ultra realistic, it's because it aspires to be a film more than just a popcorn flick.

Captain America could do just that. There's so many real issues that Captain America can touch on; Steve Rogers was born in 1922, the son of Irish immigrants. His father was an abusive drinker who died when he was a child, his mother died when he was a young adult. He grew up during the depression.

There's so many real substantial things in that story that could really resonate with people. It could be like Cinderella Man (one of the best movies I've seen about overcoming the great depression) meets Saving Private Ryan.

Then in the early 40s, as Captain America, Steve Rogers has to constantly balance being a human being and being a symbol. They could show the constant struggle of a young man who tries not to get lost in the costume, and tries to stand for what America is supposed to stand for even when the U.S. government won't.

read Mythos Captain America and mix that with the Dark Knight and Ultimate Cap would be an awsome movie.

I think the closest Marvel can get is with a revamp of the Punisher. It has the potential to touch on quite a few 'real world' social commentaries such as how violence begets more violence and how crime can never be fully eradicated, merely replaced. Plus, it shows how sometimes, we have to stoop to their level to win, which comes at a great cost to one's own morality. The only problem I see with it is that the Punisher lacks a recognizable rogues' gallery and none of them (as far as I can think of) are truly terrorizing/psychological the way the Joker is.

Of course, they could try reversing the situation by making the Punisher the 'antagonist' by making him an urban legend who is waging a private war against organized crime, torturing and murdering its members. The movie would then focus as much (or even more) on the law enforcers pursuing him, all the time wondering whether what they're doing is right since the Punisher's actions have had a better effect on the local crime than their own efforts. So, the overarching theme would be a question on whether you should stoop to their level, doing whatever was necessary in order to win or should you stick to your values and ideals even in the knowledge that you're probably going to lose because of it.

Captain America.

His rogues gallery has incredible potential. Red Skull has a twisted-Joker/Batman rivalry with Cap.

The mythos is loaded with incredible scenes from his time in WW II to waking up in today's era.

Hydra itself could be a huge omnious presence in the series as a backdrop which ties both RS and Cap together, too.

As people pointed out already it's not about realism it's about being more than the standard formula comic book movie. They were already on that track with the X-Men franchise. Before X-Men the big comic book films were Superman: The Movie and Burton's Batman. While they were HUGE, their success was self serving and they did nothing to bring other heroes to the big screen.

It was the first X-Men that served as the catalyst to the superhero boom in Hollywood because it was so much different that what comic book adaption had to offer in the past.

Those of you saying Punisher are dellusional; Punisher will never have any artistic significance. It'll always be hollow shoot em up revenge by numbers stories.

I wish Daredevil would've turned out to be like TDK, but with the director they had (Mark Steven Johnson), there was no way he could've matched the brilliance of Chris Nolan. I hope Marvel will get the rights back and reboot DD in the same vein as TDK. I think Cap America should get the TDK treatment, and make it a realistic WW2 movie before taking him to present day and explore the psyche of a young man who lost everyone he knew and had to adjust to a world who passed him by. If done correctly and with respect, I think Cap America will be a great film.

Exactly. I think Cap America would become a real powerful film, but to do it justice I really think Marvel should make it into a trilogy, and not just a stepping stone for The Avengers movie. I want to see The Avengers, but my fear is that it may ended up watering down solo movies like Thor & Cap. They will be too busy to bridge into the Avengers movie to become a great movie by themselves.

I wish Daredevil would've turned out to be like TDK, but with the director they had (Mark Steven Johnson),

He's a talented director. Unfortunately his skills didn't suit the franchise. It's to bad since he does "get" DD's concept.

Wouldn't put all the blame on his shoulders, though. Fox wanted a family friendly movie above all else.

there was no way he could've matched the brilliance of Chris Nolan.

I agree. He just wasn't suited for DD. It's same with GR.

I hope Marvel will get the rights back and reboot DD in the same vein as TDK.

Agreed.

I think Cap America should get the TDK treatment, and make it a realistic WW2 movie before taking him to present day and explore the psyche of a young man who lost everyone he knew and had to adjust to a world who passed him by. If done correctly and with respect, I think Cap America will be a great film.

Agreed.

I definately agree that Captain America could generate a good amount of buzz and get alot of kids to the theatres but the Marvel Studios is connecting them all. I think THE AVENGERS would be a huge hit for marvel . As for realism , the closest you could get is Punisher but he is somewhat realistic anyway but it's not going to be as good as TDK .

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"