Eternals Fun isn’t something one considers when balancing the universe - The Thanos thread

Silvermoth

Krakoan native
Reaction score

I would be very shocked if he didn’t appear or marvel are focusing on the eternals because of him. So here’s a discussion thread to talk about him!

Would love Thanos to appear, but what are the chances of EGO appearing?

Don’t know, I guess that’s up to Kurt Russell? Maybe he won’t want to do it after the Gunn situation

I'm not sure Thanos will appear. Yes, Thanos is technically an Eternal, but I think they're going the Earth-based ones.

I’m being very careful of what I’m saying next because I know one day when the movie comes out someone will find my post and quote it if I’m wrong haha.

But I reckon after the success of infinity war, thanos is almost guaranteed. Why else would they do the eternals right now?

I’m being very careful of what I’m saying next because I know one day when the movie comes out someone will find my post and quote it if I’m wrong haha.

But I reckon after the success of infinity war, thanos is almost guaranteed. Why else would they do the eternals right now?
I hope you are right. Would be a huge missed opportunity not to show his origins.

I think there are a lot of reasons beyond the popularity of Thanos and the successful release of ENDGAME for Marvel to do ETERNALS at this point.

And even in the comics the Thanos/Eternal connection is a bit once or twice removed, and if we are honest... Very convoluted.

They may well simply think the general Eternals characters and concepts can offer story and marketing opportunities at this juncture for reasons not completely apparent right now.

And as the Hall H panel indicates to me they are pushing the traditional Eternals concept with a modern spin and not playing up any kind of connection to the Mad Titan at all.

Does that preclude perhaps a a possible momentary nod to the lineage of the Titan Eternals and how they spawned from the Earth Eternals thus bringing us Thanos? Maybe. But I don't think that in any way means Thanos shows up, is a character or is anything important to the main plot per se, though fallout from the Snap might factor in somehow.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"