Guardians of the Galaxy Starlord's Pops

Thought he didn't like the spartans and wanted to go a different route? Anyway i guess he'll keep us on our toes.

He could be lying so in order to not spoil it for the non comic book fans who don't know anything about Star-Lord. Also, in the first episode of the GOTG animated series it is revealed that Peter's father is a Spartan. And yes, I know that the GOTG animated series isn't a continuation of the movie, but it is taking a lot of cues from the movie. So based on how Marvel has been bending over butt backwards to make the comics and cartoons resemble/reflect the live action movies, it's a safe (but not guaranteed) bet that this might be the case in the movie (with a few changes).

And the few changes will likely be that his father is not J'Son or Jason, or anything like that. In so many ways J'Son as pops is boring.

Now that doesn't mean that Sparta can't be worked in and even if someone like Starfox is his father, as I believe, whose to say he doesn't live on the planet Sparta...

And the few changes will likely be that his father is not J'Son or Jason, or anything like that.

I agree, which is why I think that his father will be the Master of the Sun. They might make the Master of the Sun the last surviving member of the Spartax race and make the Spartax race a cosmicly powerful and advanced race. Heck, if would kind of make sense that the Master of the Sun would have a son called Star-Lord since suns are stars.

Since it seems probable that the Magus is the villain in this, the people saying Adam Warlock may be onto something.

Get ready for a Darth Vader Luke Skywalker style story with Magus and Quill.

And he will kill Yondu for not making that delivery

Kurt Russell might be playing Star Lords dad. Is that a perfect idea or what? Of course Jack Burton would be his dad! :)

Kurt Russell screams J'son to me. Or some other character that is basically him with a different name.

Russell would be fantastic in anything you ask him to do. Big fan

Kurt Russell is just an awesome choice, hope it's confirmed soon!

Kurt Russell might be playing Star Lords dad. Is that a perfect idea or what? Of course Jack Burton would be his dad! :)

So is the identity of his father not going to be a spoiler? It almost seems like they're going to announce him as that role.

Russell strikes me as Starhawk. Starfox and Adam Warlock have always been the other likely candidates, and I can't see Russell as the former, while I'd be surprised if McConaughey wasn't who they were looking at for the latter.

I think Starhawk or Master of the Sun. I don't know why people think J'Son is going to be the dad. He's so boring.

So is the identity of his father not going to be a spoiler? It almost seems like they're going to announce him as that role.
James Gunn has said Star-Lord's father would appear so possible word of who it is won't be kept secret long.

But it didn't mean "who" would be obvious in advance. To use an example that's almost certainly not true: Suppose his Dad was J'Son. If Marvel announced J'Son was cast, it didn't mean that he would be Peter's dad.

Now that I have heard the rumor----I will be really be bummed if it doesn't happen.
It's like it's so perfect that if it falls thru, then whoever they get will be lesser in my mind.

Kurt's awesome, so I'm cool with this. He just looks like a J'Son character to me.

Im betting that Star Lords dad will also have a "Star" name.

I remember that at the end of GOTG Yondu said the guy that hired them to find Star Lord was an *sshole. Is there a Star guy that is more of a jerk than others? Thats prob who it is.

Kurt Russell confirms he's talking with James Gunn during a WSJ interview for Hateful Eight, but he hasn't seen GotG:

https://news.yahoo.com/video/kurt-russell-hateful-eight-star-160802969.html

GotG talk starts around 1:40.

Interviewer: "..You're getting a lot of buzz for a role you haven't taken yet ... maybe you might appear in Guardians of the Galaxy 2 as the father of Chris Pratt's character? Is that happening?"

KR: [laughs] "Yea, I'm always the last guy on the block to get this stuff figured out you gotta understand something [laughs]... I didn't see that movie, so I don't know anything about it. Evidently, this was a popular movie! [laughs] ... I feel very behind the 8-ball with this writer/director, who's obviously very beloved. I talked with him the other day ... and I just said to him 'I need to see this movie so I can have a conversation with you that makes some sense and then be able to read the script and understand what it is you're going after.' So it could be a one line thing for all I know...But if it's a great line? [laughs]"

I really hope this comes together; Kurt would be such a smooth fit.

Gunn already ruled out J'Son saying the character was stupid, basically

so it's obvious, Quill's father is Snake Plissken.

Kurts played Snake Plissken, McCready, Jack Burton, Wyatt Earp, that dude in Sky High (didnt see it). He could play Star Lords dad so easy.

Since Gunn already said it isn't J'son. The only two that make sense to me are Adam Warlock or Starfox. I'm betting on it being Starfox.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"