Guardians of the Galaxy Starlord's Pops

But then I wonder who they would cast as Starlord's father in the sequel?

Someone like Loki? Or Thanos himself. I'm thinking of someone horrible because when Marvel say it's a risk, you know it's gonna be something stupid and gimmicky. Like Tony Stark being his dad or something.

Clearly it's not Tony Stark, which would make him full Terran.

Loki makes no sense, or reason to tie him in to GOTG. That story would be a whole new subplot requiring explanation and time they won't spend screen time on.

Whether the GOTG super fans like it or not, I think it's going to be a pivotal character in the Infinity Gauntlet story, which would make you think Adam Warlock.

While other characters like Starfox, Starhawk Mar-vell are cool to the GOTG franchise, the MCU is not going to bring in all these people.

They already have Captain Marvel, they aren't going to then bring in Mar-Vell, two characters named "Marvel"?

If you bring in Starfox, then you have to further explain the Celestials, the Eternals, the back story and how he is Thanos' brother. Which takes up time they don't have.

I think too many in here are looking at this from strictly a GOTG point of view. This is part of something bigger and is all leading to the Avengers: Infinity War. All these newer characters with baggage that are not essential to the IW story line don't need to be brought in. Again, Adam Warlock fits best and brings in another infinity gem.

What annoys me is James Gunn's repeated statements or idea that GOTG is its "own thing." He said the Guardians and the Avengers would never cross over, etc. However, Gunn obviously doesn't run Marvel or the MCU.

Bottom line, I'm not saying it HAS to be Adam Warlock, but I believe you have to look at what best fits the MCU story line and what character ties into IW best.

Clearly it's not Tony Stark, which would make him full Terran.

Loki makes no sense, or reason to tie him in to GOTG. That story would be a whole new subplot requiring explanation and time they won't spend screen time on.

Whether the GOTG super fans like it or not, I think it's going to be a pivotal character in the Infinity Gauntlet story, which would make you think Adam Warlock.

While other characters like Starfox, Starhawk Mar-vell are cool to the GOTG franchise, the MCU is not going to bring in all these people.

They already have Captain Marvel, they aren't going to then bring in Mar-Vell, two characters named "Marvel"?

If you bring in Starfox, then you have to further explain the Celestials, the Eternals, the back story and how he is Thanos' brother. Which takes up time they don't have.

I think too many in here are looking at this from strictly a GOTG point of view. This is part of something bigger and is all leading to the Avengers: Infinity War. All these newer characters with baggage that are not essential to the IW story line don't need to be brought in. Again, Adam Warlock fits best and brings in another infinity gem.

What annoys me is James Gunn's repeated statements or idea that GOTG is its "own thing." He said the Guardians and the Avengers would never cross over, etc. However, Gunn obviously doesn't run Marvel or the MCU.

Bottom line, I'm not saying it HAS to be Adam Warlock, but I believe you have to look at what best fits the MCU story line and what character ties into IW best.

I agree it would probably be warlock.

Starfox would be nice as it would explain who thanos is. We have already seen the celestials and litterally been inside ones head. The problem is his powers are a bit dodgy and he will not progress the story as he is a bit boring.

Warlock far more interesting. He is a *****e. Like an extreme stark, then you meet the magus. Also is the number 2 character (after thanos) in the infinity saga.

Last edited:
Like an angel, composed of pure light! :o
11143105_828350220590925_1453999377498515822_n.jpg

Something ancient and something the Nova corp has never identified before. That eliminates a lot of people. They seem to know a lot about Thanos and his race of Eternals. So they should know about Star Fox too. They should be familiar with many of the beings that are being suggested here. A being of pure light yet Yondu doesn't speak highly of him and makes him sound like a jerk.

I am inclined to think it may be a different variation on Warlock/Magus who has made use of the time stone.

Something ancient and something the Nova corp has never identified before. That eliminates a lot of people. They seem to know a lot about Thanos and his race of Eternals. So they should know about Star Fox too. They should be familiar with many of the beings that are being suggested here. A being of pure light yet Yondu doesn't speak highly of him and makes him sound like a jerk.

I am inclined to think it may be a different variation on Warlock/Magus who has made use of the time stone.
Understatement of the century :funny:

It will probably be something like Stan Lee as 'Stan Lee' revealed in some mid post credit scene

My hope is the guy at least appears as a red herring, though.

Adam Warlock/Magus

His father is an evil jackass and an angel.

Star Lord travels back in time to become his own grandfather :hehe:

Been watching the movie a lot recently on HBO and the conversation between Gamora and Starlord, just before they go in to see the Collector, stands out.

When Peter puts the walkman on Gamora and they start dancing it leads to her, sort of, attacking him and stating something like:

"I know who you are Peter Quill', along with something about "Pelvic Sorcery".

I used this as one of my pieces to support the possibility of Starfox being Peter's pops, but the more I watch this scene, the more I believe that Gamora knows the truth of Peter's pops. I'm thinking that she, as one of Thanos' "daughters" has met Starfox, and actually knows that he is both the brother of Thanos AND Peter's pops. With Starfox having, for lack of a better term, "charismatic powers of charm", it makes sense that Gamora would be in a position to know this AND the relationship between he and Peter...

This is not definitive, and they can always change it even if this is what they originally planned, but it really does make sense. Watch the scene again and you'll see what I'm talking about...

I voted Warlock simply because it makes sense from a storytelling standpoint. Marvel makes calculative decisions when it comes to introducing new characters and how they'll benefit the MCU as a whole. Warlock presents an interesting dynamic and a test of the team because it's a personal character that can ultimately be the savior of the entire universe in Infinity War. It would be cool to see Warlock start off as a villain (Magnus) but return to his noble self once confronted by his son. It would definitely be a different take on a villain--something Marvel desperately needs--and it would be great to see StarLord mature in a way.

^ See your point, but it's more likely that this next movie (Vol. 2) is going to have the "sins of the father" theme. It's going to get into the whole bad daddy thing.
Gamora (and Nebula) and Thanos, and of course Peter and his dad.

Now Warlock, as cool of a character as he could be on screen, his story would need to be the focus, which goes well beyond him (possibly - not likely) being Quill's pops. This is a story that I could see being movie 3. Also, Warlock's appearance is a bit too much like Visions, IMO.

Now if you think about things, having Quill's dad be the brother of Thanos, Gamora's step-dad, that's a good story. It would actually provide us a means to learn all about Thanos' backstory, which would happen when Starfox explains how he and Thanos grew up together, etc.

This makes too much sense IMO, plus Charlie indicated in one of his videos that he thinks it'll be Starfox...

Either the Beyonder or Starfox.

I like Super Jim's points. Very true, it's a great way to streamline the story and keep it connected and not have Star Lord's dad be a random character. Who is Charlie btw?

Last edited:
The Magus/Warlock is his father. Same dude with split personalities.

Agree with some of that disagree with others. Why would they consider warlock too close to vision? Because he is artificial? Watch dark matter. Because he has a stone in his head? He didn't always and doesn't need to now. Because he wears a cloak? Vision copied thors.

We'll see when the film comes out or they do casting.

Gunn will most likely reveal that J'son (who will be called "Jason" like he was in the original comics) is the Master of the Sun, and is Peter's father. He will also make the Master of the Sun/Jason a member of the Sparta race who will be (in the movies) an ancient race who were experimented on by the Celestials and were given powers similar to the Eternals (they would basically be alien Eternals).

Gunn will most likely reveal that J'son (who will be called "Jason" like he was in the original comics) is the Master of the Sun, and is Peter's father. He will also make the Master of the Sun/Jason a member of the Sparta race who will be (in the movies) an ancient race who were experimented on by the Celestials and were given powers similar to the Eternals (they would basically be alien Eternals).

Thought he didn't like the spartans and wanted to go a different route? Anyway i guess he'll keep us on our toes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"